Six Nations 2012

Started by Karl Kennedy, July 09, 2011, 09:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

The French are a joke. I think it's safe to say that they could have called this days ago unless they were expecting an uncharacteristic heatwave to hit straight after a cold period! If they are to continue hosting matches in February they should be forcrd to put subsurface heating. It's not exactly new technology.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 11, 2012, 09:11:12 PM
QuoteHow the f**k was a high profile match like this allowed to be on up until 2 mins before KO. Paris has been sub zero the whole of February, it wasnt likely to change on the stroke of 8PM tonight.

TV I'd say...

That is probably it. I would say they had their schedules set a long time ago for a prime time saturday night game. In a natuaral sense they could and should have simply moved the game to 2 o clock on saturday and one o clock on sunday.

ardal

could you have played GAA on the French pitch?

Capt Pat

I wouldn't attend a game in weather like that. I would be furious if they pulled a trick like that.

Hardy

It was pathetic listening to the Ryle Nugents and Tony Wards fulminating about how it was a disgrace and how anyone would have known this was going to happen. I'd have been impressed if Ryle and Tony had been telling us this before it happened. Then they had a go at the ref. "Pearson inspected it yesterday and said it was OK."  And? So it was OK yesterday. That's all the ref is required to say - it's playable or it's unplayable. Tonight it wasn't. He shouldn't be expected to be a wizard who can predict the future as well, especially when the French Met Office can't.

Of course it's stupid to be scheduling matches after dark in February if you don't have under-pitch heating. And the very least you should do in that situation is make a decision two days in advance. What's ridiculous altogether is that they're now saying they're going to reschedule it for a Friday NIGHT!

rrhf

Frozen grass, iceberg lettuce

Shamrock Shore

Why did they the band stay so long on the pitch?

Were the poor hoors frozen?

johnneycool

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 12, 2012, 12:43:53 AM

There's talk of the game being pushed out to June to facilitate the French clubs now, surely that'd be madness considering the 6N's should be over mid to late March!!

muppet

Quote from: johnneycool on February 14, 2012, 10:46:37 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 12, 2012, 12:43:53 AM

There's talk of the game being pushed out to June to facilitate the French clubs now, surely that'd be madness considering the 6N's should be over mid to late March!!

Great, O'Driscoll might be back.

They always beat us, but they also always lose finals. So we should play France for the National Debt, call it the World Bank Final and have Joubert ref it. We should also wear very very dark green.
MWWSI 2017

Keane

muppet

Quote from: Blue and White on February 24, 2012, 05:41:09 PM
Any views on tomorrows game? Castrogiovanni is a big loss for Italy but i'd still expect it to be a tight, tough game for at least 60 minutes.  We really could be doing with a positive display with France coming down the tracks in a week.  Though it probably won't happen but i'd love to see Tommy Bowe spend part of the game at 13 with Earls on the wing as I fear Rougerie is going to make hay next week with our current centre partnership.  Any thoughts?

The way the game is going we should put Ferris at 12 & Sean O'Brien at 13.
MWWSI 2017

Declan

Jaysus were pedestrian. The amount of mistakes is unreal. Can you imagine what France will do to us

tyroneboi

Poor first half from Ireland. Murray needs to be a bit more snappy getting the ball away. Trying to play too much rugby in our own half especially when we don't have players to play such a game.

Declan

amazing joubert didnt ref McCaw like that in the WC final!!

Better second half though

bcarrier

I thought they'd struggle to cover the spread.