The world welcomes South Sudan

Started by DownFanatic, July 09, 2011, 01:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

One world ends this weekend, whilst another one begins.
Testing Accessibility

Capt Pat

Quote from: ziggysego on July 09, 2011, 01:29:41 PM
One world ends this weekend, whilst another one begins.
;)
And both are owned by Rupert Murdoch

Maguire01

It will be interesting to see how they manage. From what i've read, the place is a bit of a disaster - very under developed. It will need a lot of help. And they still haven't sorted ownership of the oil - i'm not clear on what they're going to do until they come to an agreement.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 09, 2011, 11:18:45 PM
It will be interesting to see how they manage. From what i've read, the place is a bit of a disaster - very under developed. It will need a lot of help. And they still haven't sorted ownership of the oil - i'm not clear on what they're going to do until they come to an agreement.

it will probably be a puppet state of North Sudan for a while. There is no infrastructure in the south and the oil pipelines head through the north.

Forever Green

Congratulations to them for achieving independence but they have a long battle ahead of them with militias still saying they are going to keep on fighting and also the tension over the oil rights will more than likely erupt into another war

lawnseed

are we backing the north or the south ie if i'm in belfast which flag am i likely to see in east belfast and west belfast ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

BennyHarp

I heard that they've gone above Scotland in the FIFA world rankings!
That was never a square ball!!

Niall Quinn

That's just lazy naming - you'll attract nothing good as South Sudan.
Something short, snappy, and well placed alphabetically was called for, and they'll rue not going for Bixit, Argos, or 2legit over the coming years.
South Korea survives only by virtue of positive contrast with the neighbours, and God only knows what South Africa could've accomplished as Banty.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

LeoMc

Quote from: Niall Quinn on July 10, 2011, 11:54:51 PM
That's just lazy naming - you'll attract nothing good as South Sudan.
Something short, snappy, and well placed alphabetically was called for, and they'll rue not going for Bixit, Argos, or 2legit over the coming years.
South Korea survives only by virtue of positive contrast with the neighbours, and God only knows what South Africa could've accomplished as Banty.
Did they not offer the right expenses package allowing Meath to nip in and get him?

Banana Man

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 10, 2011, 10:38:55 PM
I heard that they've gone above Scotland in the FIFA world rankings!

:D  :D  :D

Orangemac

As long as they don't start stealing all the good players who played for North Sudan up to 18 years old :D