Life-time ban for Tyrone ladies supporter/club official

Started by ck, July 08, 2011, 09:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 08, 2011, 09:36:46 PM
Quote from: ck on July 08, 2011, 09:51:21 AM
Just heard news this morning that the two people involved in assaulting the referee and ladies board chairman after the Tyrone ladies county final have received lifetime bans from the GAA.
From the LGFA, not the GAA.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19754.0

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: EC Unique on July 08, 2011, 04:13:04 PM
Quote from: shezam on July 08, 2011, 11:09:02 AM
Cumann Peil Gael Na Ban Tir Eoghain

PRESS STATEMENT
Following incidents after the final whistle in the Tyrone Ladies senior football final on June 24th , the Tyrone Ladies GFA instigated a robust enquiry and full investigation.

The results of the investigation were outlined to a full county board meeting last night and the following penalties were imposed.

An individual, reportedly a Carrickmore supporter was identified as the person who allegedly assaulted match referee Simon Brady, The County board issued him with a lifetime ban from any involvement in or with Ladies gaelic football, this includes attendance at Ladies fixtures in the future. He was not a member of the Ladies GFA.

A second individual confirmed as part of the Carrickmore management team and a member of the Ladies GFA was identified as the person who allegedly assaulted the Tyrone ladies GFA chairman Martin Conway.

Once again a life ban was imposed in accordance with the Ladies football official guide. The Carrickmore club were also handed a substantial fine.

The Tyrone ladies GFA commended those who carried out and assisted with the investigation, they thanked both clubs for the manner in which they co-operated fully with the enquiry.

In a statement to the meeting, Carrickmore condemned the incidents and wished the two injured parties a speedy recovery and return to their duties.

It has been a difficult time for the Ladies game in Tyrone but the focus now is on pulling together ahead of Sundays Ulster senior ladies football final with Tyrone up against Monaghan at Clones

Means sweet FA to be honest. The full force of the law should be used here to send out a message to ALL players/members/supporters of ALL clubs that this sort of shlt is not welcome at matches. Too many issues swept under the carpet which sends out a signal to lunatics like this that it is OK to assult people. Look at the Eoin Bradly incident in Derry last year, he assulted a referee and now he is about to feature in an Ulster final, has to be wrong and in any other sport he would not be playing this season and rightly so.

The maximum ban possible the Ladies GFA could enforce has been imposed, the police are investigating and the club has been fined thousands of pounds, which ordinary club members have burst their guts to raise and will have to raise again. I can tell you, in the present climate, the fine means a lot.

What more do people want? Just hope the same standard is maintained for striking/assault incidents in all GAA games at all levels in future. I'm not opposed to police involvement, but just out of curiosity - are those calling for prosecutions prepared to be sworn in on the witness stand to secure prosecution in similar incidents in future?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Gaffer

How many thousands of pounds have they been fined?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Jinxy

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 08, 2011, 10:40:11 AM
Quote from: hardstation on July 08, 2011, 10:21:36 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on July 04, 2011, 05:49:49 PM
There is an interesting development to this case! All will be revealed later in the week but Greg Loganous (sp) comes to mind

What became of this?

Who the f*ck is Greg Loganous?

He was a gay diver.
Not sure what the Tyrone link is.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ck

Carrickmore have also been fined. Anyone know how much? Why is this sort of information not forthcoming?

I may be wrong here but Carrickmore have been involved an a few unsavoury incidents over the years, many of which have been picked up by BBC and UTV, both of whom seem to revel in "more GAA violance" type stories. Now correct me if I'm wrong but Carrickmore have been centre to many of these stories. To all Tyrone or Carrickmore gaels - are Carrickmore more likely to be involved in this dark side than other clubs. Apologies if I'm adding 2+2 and getting 5.

I agree with the police involvement. I hope both offenders do get prosecuted and it sends out a very clear message. Too many thugs out there think the GAA is a closed house and they can get away with it.

Hotrocks

Quote from: EC Unique on July 08, 2011, 04:13:04 PM
Quote from: shezam on July 08, 2011, 11:09:02 AM
Cumann Peil Gael Na Ban Tir Eoghain

PRESS STATEMENT
Following incidents after the final whistle in the Tyrone Ladies senior football final on June 24th , the Tyrone Ladies GFA instigated a robust enquiry and full investigation.

The results of the investigation were outlined to a full county board meeting last night and the following penalties were imposed.

An individual, reportedly a Carrickmore supporter was identified as the person who allegedly assaulted match referee Simon Brady, The County board issued him with a lifetime ban from any involvement in or with Ladies gaelic football, this includes attendance at Ladies fixtures in the future. He was not a member of the Ladies GFA.

A second individual confirmed as part of the Carrickmore management team and a member of the Ladies GFA was identified as the person who allegedly assaulted the Tyrone ladies GFA chairman Martin Conway.

Once again a life ban was imposed in accordance with the Ladies football official guide. The Carrickmore club were also handed a substantial fine.

The Tyrone ladies GFA commended those who carried out and assisted with the investigation, they thanked both clubs for the manner in which they co-operated fully with the enquiry.

In a statement to the meeting, Carrickmore condemned the incidents and wished the two injured parties a speedy recovery and return to their duties.

It has been a difficult time for the Ladies game in Tyrone but the focus now is on pulling together ahead of Sundays Ulster senior ladies football final with Tyrone up against Monaghan at Clones

Means sweet FA to be honest. The full force of the law should be used here to send out a message to ALL players/members/supporters of ALL clubs that this sort of shlt is not welcome at matches. Too many issues swept under the carpet which sends out a signal to lunatics like this that it is OK to assult people. Look at the Eoin Bradly incident in Derry last year, he assulted a referee and now he is about to feature in an Ulster final, has to be wrong and in any other sport he would not be playing this season and rightly so.

Hi EC rich coming from someone from Ballygawley.  Wasnt so long ago that a member of your club physically and verbally abused a referee leaving the field.   He was named in the refs report (copys easily found to this day) but the county board after all its findings decided he was protecting the ref and he was commended for doing so.  The pure fact that he told them he would never play county football again if suspended sorted everything out.  Good aul Ballygawley

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Gaffer on July 08, 2011, 10:41:37 PM

Irish News says £4,000. Big amount for any club to have to fork out. Two or three big fundraising events wasted by this idiot.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

randomtask

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on July 08, 2011, 11:16:48 AM
Nally Stand-thank you for your concern, our culprit has been identified and punished. Indeed 1995 was a long time ago, long time to get over it. For Carrickmore-how many incidents have they been involved in since 1995? A great club no doubt but unsavoury elements within who cannot handle defeat at all well. Some might say this is a great characteristic but when violence against two volunteers is the last resort maybe its time for the said gentlemen to walk away from the sport altogether.

What punishment did he receive out of interest spuds? Because in my mind a month ban is not much of a punishemnt!

noskill

Maximum ban is life, which is 2 years. After that they are free to get involved again .I know of one man, who has had 2 life bans and never missed a home game during that time.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 09, 2011, 12:31:52 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on July 08, 2011, 10:41:37 PM

Irish News says £4,000. Big amount for any club to have to fork out. Two or three big fundraising events wasted by this idiot.

Wrong but not far away, but you're right on the second point. Bimpe Archer also claimed in that story that there was chanting after Brady was downed. Bit puzzled by that bit, I was there and didn't hear it, yet she heard it from Donegall St.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

john mcgill

TYP, you have a valid point and I have no doubt the Beeb thrives on personal prejudices.  However a gentle word of advice, ditch the red coat it makes you stand out.  Could have been worse they might have worked for the News of the World!!