Good Restaurants

Started by Radda bout yeee, July 05, 2011, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Coppinger Row is brilliant but portion sizes can be a bit on the stingy side. The unsophisticated culchie in me wasn't impressed.

gallsman

Quote from: general_lee on August 20, 2015, 07:21:25 PM
Coppinger Row is brilliant but portion sizes can be a bit on the stingy side. The unsophisticated culchie in me wasn't impressed.

I'd agree with that in fairness. Thankfully most times I've been has been with work where one of the leads had connections to the place.

Chop House in Sandymount is very good too. If staying central, there's an Italian on Parliament Street that all the Italians I work with rave about. Can't mind the name of the place but it was tasty the only time I went.

Rois

Joe - Chapter One is brilliant but you're unlikely to want to spend the money  :P
Would echo Winding Stair, and the downstairs bar area of the Merrion is surprisingly casual.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: gallsman on August 20, 2015, 07:13:33 PM
Depends on what you're after and how much the budget is.

We don't get away too often, so budget should be OK.  I'd be more concerned with portion sizes.  We like a decent feed, as opposed to a fancy one ;)

gallsman

Quote from: Smokin Joe on August 20, 2015, 08:42:51 PM

We don't get away too often, so budget should be OK.  I'd be more concerned with portion sizes.  We like a decent feed, as opposed to a fancy one ;)

Winding Stair or One Pico then for me. Winding stair will give you really good food and a full belly. Two of you could prob have three courses and a bottle of wine for 100 euro. One Pico bit more fine dining but food is exceptional. Three courses and wine for two for about 170.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: gallsman on August 20, 2015, 08:47:03 PM

Winding Stair or One Pico then for me. Winding stair will give you really good food and a full belly. Two of you could prob have three courses and a bottle of wine for 100 euro. One Pico bit more fine dining but food is exceptional. Three courses and wine for two for about 170.

Cheers Gallsman.  Sounds like the Winding Stair.  I'd presume you'd need to book it for a table at the weekend?

gallsman

Quote from: Smokin Joe on August 20, 2015, 08:51:23 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 20, 2015, 08:47:03 PM

Cheers Gallsman.  Sounds like the Winding Stair.  I'd presume you'd need to book it for a table at the weekend?

Yup but if you give them a ring tomorrow you should still be able to get a table for Sat.

Soup an Samajiz

Planning on going to the Ramore tomorrow, is it worth the hype? I only ask because the weather gives it especially shitty and might leave it for another day...

Just in passing the other comments cant help but throw in my 2cents worth.. Viscount in Dungannon over rated, Brewers House in Donaghmore I really love although there's many I speak to have their issues with it (Too big a menu and service) I however think it's top class.

In Dublin we recently found Farmer Brown's just in the south side down by the Aviva - fantastic for a brunch just before goin to Croker, although it may be a while before I'm in need of it again  ::)

Yellow Door in Portadown very nice for brunch too
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Denn Forever

The Ceder Tree.  Beside the International Bar.  Lebanese Food so good for Meat eaters and Vegetarians. Try the Mesa which is a mixture of all the dishes.

Beware the Lebenese coffee unless you are staying up all night.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d692976-Reviews-The_Cedar_Tree-Dublin_County_Dublin.html
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ONeill

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 28, 2015, 03:36:35 PM
Planning on going to the Ramore tomorrow, is it worth the hype? I only ask because the weather gives it especially shitty and might leave it for another day...

Just in passing the other comments cant help but throw in my 2cents worth.. Viscount in Dungannon over rated, Brewers House in Donaghmore I really love although there's many I speak to have their issues with it (Too big a menu and service) I however think it's top class.

In Dublin we recently found Farmer Brown's just in the south side down by the Aviva - fantastic for a brunch just before goin to Croker, although it may be a while before I'm in need of it again  ::)

Have you booked the Ramore? Bastard-sized queues if you haven't.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Armamike

Quote from: ONeill on August 29, 2015, 08:46:56 AM

Have you booked the Ramore? b**tard-sized queues if you haven't.

The Harbour next door (same owners) is better for food imo. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

screenexile

Quote from: Armamike on August 29, 2015, 02:09:31 PM

Yeah the Harbour Bistro and the Mermaid are both better than the Ramore!

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: screenexile on August 29, 2015, 02:57:16 PM
Quote from: Armamike on August 29, 2015, 02:09:31 PM

Yeah the Harbour Bistro and the Mermaid are both better than the Ramore!

Bis speak!

general_lee

Quote from: thebigfella on September 05, 2011, 07:04:51 PM
Quote from: clubland on September 05, 2011, 06:51:12 PM
Viscount dungannon,best eating house in the wee six
::) ::) ::)

Overpriced muck for people who know nothing about food and full of snobs. Probably one of the most underwhelming places I've ever ate in and most deffinately still living off it's reputation 15 years ago when there was no real competition to compare it against.
Finally got round to sampling this Viscounts place. I always suspected Tyrone people lacked finesse, well I got confirmation after dining here. I went in with an open mind but jees that was a let down. Not bad but definitely NOT good. Wouldn't go back. Especially with Malachy Cush swanning around getting his photo took

On an aside I was in Cavan last week and had a feed in the Blackhorse. Good value and great service, for a pub!

smort

Quote from: clubland on September 05, 2011, 06:51:12 PM
Viscount dungannon,best eating house in the wee six

Much prefer Brewers House in Donaghmore a few miles out the road.