Author Topic: Ulster minor football championship final  (Read 5565 times)

cavanmaniac

• View Profile
Re: Ulster minor football championship final
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 04:59:06 PM »
Savage stuff! I could only watch it on Northern Sound so my knowledge of what may have happened in the actual game is limited but it sounds like we started like a train, ran out of ideas a bit but rallied well at half time and eventually made our supremacy count on the scoreboard. Reigning Ulster minor and U21 champions puts a very positive shine on what has at times been a very bleak year.

Massive congratultions to all involved and well done, I'm like a pig in shit right now.

boojangles

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 01:43:10 PM »
Absolutely delighted. Congrats and Well Done to all involved. Brilliant team display built on superb defensive performances from Clarke, Sankey,Brady and Conor and Gerard Smith. If these lads had folded after half time it was game over but they battled for everything and eventually we turned the screw.
Changes made worked very well and O Donnell in particular is some impact sub to be able to bring on.
Galway up next and no reason why this team should fear anybody.

footy15

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 08:10:30 PM »
We dont want to blow this team up, keep them down to earth and keep the pressure off them, and they will beat Galway

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 09:31:16 PM »
From another thread.#

Quarter finals

Saturday July 30th
Roscommon v Armagh* Pearse park Longford TBC
Cavan v Galway Pearse park Longford 3pm

Monday August 1st
Tipperary v Meath Portlaoise 2pm
Dublin v Cork Portlaoise 4pm

Semi finals

Sunday August 21st
Roscommon or Armagh v Tipperary or Meath, Croke Park, 1.30pm

Sunday 28 August
Dublin or Cork v Cavan or Galway, Croke Park, 1.30pm

* Venue will be changed if Roscommon meet Armagh in round 4 senior championship

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

anglocelt39

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 10:05:16 PM »
too much trouble pasting in the link but good highlights on TG4 player section
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Stevie g 8

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 12:18:25 PM »
i was at the ulster final last sunday and was very impressed with the cavan minor team.there seems to be a strong underage structure with the u 21s also winning ulster.why are the senior team so poor

tommysmith

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 12:44:18 PM »
I think that alot of it is down to the managers that the county board have appointed.  Things have gone down hill since Eamon Coleman was in charge.  Player attitude is a big problem also with lads drinking and acting the clown.

McElkennon was appointed as manger where he should have been training the team and cassidy manager.

Keoghan came then and had no experience at this level and apparently some players would not play for him (Cavan Gaels but not many have bothered since anyway)  and some off his antics would not have shown disipline to the players who were there.

Tom Carr arrived then via a recruitment agency and nothing improved.

Current management wont improve things either and i hope that Hyland wont get the job on his own after Andrews goes.

Thastheball

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 12:48:35 PM »
Tommy our players over the past 6 years have been rubbish, and mostly too small. \thats our lot. Things are going to change in the next few years

tommysmith

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 01:03:57 PM »
Tommy our players over the past 6 years have been rubbish, and mostly too small. \thats our lot. Things are going to change in the next few years

Yeah i agree 100% with that but i also think that wrong people have been in charge but in saying that not many would have wanted to take them over either.

tomsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 09:58:18 PM »
I know Donal was minor manager back in 2005 and will be credited with some of the praises sung by people with redard to this years minor win. We have the Gaels too the kinpins of minor football. congrats to all involved and we thank you Donal for starting this minor revival back in 2005