Wexford v The Dubs. Leinster Final

Started by boro, July 01, 2011, 12:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Offalylad

Would love to se Wexford do it but I can't see it happening. I don't see the  Wexford defence holding up,  Niall McNamee really destroyed them,  I think Brogan and co can do the same .

heffo

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 04, 2011, 09:00:42 PM
As a dublin fan I hope its a draw............more games the better for us

Thats the only positive I can draw from it - I'm seriously unmotivated about it.

Hope Henry, Fennell & McConnell get some game time too..

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: heffo on July 04, 2011, 10:31:29 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 04, 2011, 09:00:42 PM
As a dublin fan I hope its a draw............more games the better for us

Thats the only positive I can draw from it - I'm seriously unmotivated about it.

Hope Henry, Fennell & McConnell get some game time too..

I want to see mc connell and fennell start in the middle...............its time for fennell to step up big time, he has not done anything yet for us, both him and ross need 70 mins plus regardless if they are flat out during the game, this is our Achilles heel at the moment - midfield

Id bring cahill into the hb;s and save henry for a switch with cullen around the 50 minute mark...................... the lads really need to step it up after a lazy second half against geezers huddle brigade, and I think bernard needs to hit the oul onion sack.......................I hope wexford put in a serious display, id leave ogara on the bench for this one, hes limited enough and Id save him for the last 10 minutes in games if we need to launch the ball into someone, hes a liability at the mo and needs to learn a lesson

Cannot see a crowd of more than 40 thousand, ill go for a dub win, dubs 3-14, wex 1-13

lynchbhoy

[quote author=squire_in_navy_slacks link=topic=19694.msg983761#msg983761
I want to see mc connell and fennell start in the middle...............its time for fennell to step up big time, he has not done anything yet for us, both him and ross need 70 mins plus regardless if they are flat out during the game, this is our Achilles heel at the moment - midfield

Id bring cahill into the hb;s and save henry for a switch with cullen around the 50 minute mark...................... the lads really need to step it up after a lazy second half against geezers huddle brigade, and I think bernard needs to hit the oul onion sack.......................I hope wexford put in a serious display, id leave ogara on the bench for this one, hes limited enough and Id save him for the last 10 minutes in games if we need to launch the ball into someone, hes a liability at the mo and needs to learn a lesson

Cannot see a crowd of more than 40 thousand, ill go for a dub win, dubs 3-14, wex 1-13
[/quote]
i'd like to see
cluxton
Conlon O'Carroll Brogan
Cahill Brennan Nolan
McConnell/Bastick Fennell
Flynn A Brogan Cullen
B Brogan Connolly Lally (3rd Midfield - sorry Heffo !!!)

Captain Scarlet

Two tickets have fallen into our lap so we are going to give them away plus throw in a few free pints after the game.
If anyone is interested just PM me and we will pick a random winner at noon tomorrow.

We are doing an event on Sunday in Dtwo on Harcourt St if anyone is around. Munster Final will also be shown.
Pints from €3.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=144234642319809
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Hill16 Blues

Leinster Council only expecting 50k for game but as with Kildare game will probably get few 000s more than that if weather is anyway decent. Long way from 80k in recent years!

This is the most low key build up to a Leinster final involving Dublin I can ever remember! Even Dublin radio stations & papers showing little interest/excitement about game. Presume at this point it's All Ireland or nothing for Dublin. If Dublin win on Sunday they'll get no credit for it. Lose and they'll be considered finished as All Ireland contenders.

Canalman

Not going in and honestly haven't met anyone I know going in.

Season imo starts in earnest for us on Sunday evening win or lose. Honestly wouldn't be too upset if Wexford win it. If you are to go into the qualifiers, now is the time to do it, win 1 game and back in the 1/4 final.

Midfield is not performing and Cluxton's kickouts will be nullified by opposition pushing up. Big Big day for Fennell. Would always have Cahill on any team and baffled by his omission.

Do not forget that Wx ran us to extra time last year. If they win on Sunday ,we will be inundated with lads bragging that they backed them at 5/1. V silly odds.

Captain Scarlet

Lads, no recession here! If anyone wants those tickets get onto me!
Lower Hogan and no catch.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

squire_in_navy_slacks

The are alot of people staying away for this one ............................... recession is certainly a real factor in this and not just dublin people saving themselves for a possible 1/4 final game or qualifier

Dinny Breen

Upper Tier staying closed, when was the last time that happened for a Dublin championship game?

Wonder will we see the Leinster Council go back to a seeded draw to increase the chances of Dublin v Meath/Kildare Leisnter final?
#newbridgeornowhere

TacadoirArdMhacha

Given that the recession is such a issue, one presumes that the higher priced All Ireland final will be a disaster attendance wise were Dublin to qualify.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

heffo

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 08, 2011, 11:03:47 AM
Given that the recession is such a issue, one presumes that the higher priced All Ireland final will be a disaster attendance wise were Dublin to qualify.

Attendances are down across the board - as any competing county in the final only gets a fraction of the capacity, I don't think it'll be an issue selling that portion of tickets in the unlikely event of Dublin qualifying?

Must we go through the dreary issue of bandwagon fans and it being a 32 county phenomenon again??

Captain Scarlet

Squire in Navy Slacks won the tickets, but if anyone is around post match call into dtwo.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 08, 2011, 11:48:20 AM
Squire in Navy Slacks won the tickets, but if anyone is around post match call into dtwo.

Thanks Captain Scarlet, delighted  ;D

heffo

I'm surprised at Barry Cahill's exclusion - Fennell needs game time and to stay out of the papers - it's one thing for Galvin to be at that carry on as he has the medals to back it up.

I hope to see Henry playing a big part if he comes on & McConnell too.

Fitzsimons ongoing poor form is still a worry & I'd prefer to have McMahon in there ahead of him.

If Dublin are up for it, I'd like to think they'll have three points to spare over Wexford, but losing and taking our chances in the qualifiers wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as the long lay off won't be good if we were to win and I feel were destined to get Cork in the quarters.

Connolly was excellent all throughout the league at FF (Salthill excepted) and I don't think he's as effective in the corner, but I've no problem with O'Gara getting another chance, but if he doesn't work out Sunday, I'd expect to see Connolly back at FF and McMenamin or Quinn in for O'Gara the next game.

Wexford have dealt excellently with Forde's retirement and their forward unit are up there with the best - it'll be interesting to see who picks up Barry as Nolan got an early yellow when marking him in 2008 on his debut and was off after twenty minutes.

I think the two best teams were on show in Killarney last week with a chasing pack of Dublin, Kildare plus a couple of others who depending on the draw could make a final.

Ultimately though I feel the chasing pack are short in one area or another  - in Dublin's case midfield and a back or two.

Still though we'll hope for the best as always!.