Flags & Culture.....

Started by front of the mountain, July 01, 2011, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Another example of the pan-nationalist front suppressing unionist culture.

Killer wants out to attend Twelfth night celebration

Can you believe the arrogance?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

LeoMc

Quote from: Banana Man on July 11, 2011, 03:12:37 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 11, 2011, 02:58:14 PM
Quote from: Rois on July 11, 2011, 02:31:13 PM
There's a few nice UVF flags hanging off lamposts on the Shore Road and one flying from a house down near Asda too. 

I thought these were being taken down by the PSNI?

Rois don't venture anyway near New Mossley, about a dozen different flags from terrorist to butchers apron to israeli to skull and crossbones on the one roundabout (total about 40-45 flags)!

Did i miss something or was capt jack sparrow a die hard loyalist from the docks???

Wasit a UCC GFC flag?
You have to remember that 63% of them can't spell UDA. The other 42% probably think UCC is just another covername. ;)

heganboy

There may be a strong case for the blanket banning of all flags, and kerb painting and bunting and arches and all the other territory marking BS
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Rois

Quote from: Orior on July 11, 2011, 03:52:52 PM
Quote from: Rois on July 11, 2011, 03:06:26 PM
Got lost out there two weeks ago trying to find a shortcut to Greenacres driving range nr Ballyclare - might just avoid that part of the world for a day or two.

Is Greenacres driving range better than Ballyearl? Greenacres was on my cycle route too.

I've never been to Ballyearl but Greenacres has the wee electric job to lift the balls up onto the tee.  Very lazy.  Also cheaper than the driving range at Mount Ober, the only other driving range in Belfast that I've been to.

Orior

Quote from: Rois on July 11, 2011, 05:12:43 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 11, 2011, 03:52:52 PM
Quote from: Rois on July 11, 2011, 03:06:26 PM
Got lost out there two weeks ago trying to find a shortcut to Greenacres driving range nr Ballyclare - might just avoid that part of the world for a day or two.

Is Greenacres driving range better than Ballyearl? Greenacres was on my cycle route too.

I've never been to Ballyearl but Greenacres has the wee electric job to lift the balls up onto the tee.  Very lazy.  Also cheaper than the driving range at Mount Ober, the only other driving range in Belfast that I've been to.

Yes, Ballyearl also has those gadgets to lift your balls. Well, for the men anyway.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

EagleLord

Disgraceful apologising for taking down the flags. Having a culture and celebrating a day, week, event, festival whatever is one thing, painting curbs and flags flying 24/7 is pathetic. Painting curbs, no respect for their flag at all. An individual who has true pride i nether nations flag flies it proudly, no bullshit, when it rains, it gets taken in, the flag never touches the ground etc. These flags fly from poles all year round, ripped and torn, dirty, no respect at all. Lowers the tone of a community. As an uncle said once 'its like a dog pissing on lampost' marking territory as such. The flags themselves too, they aren't just the national flag, the UJ or whatever, some say UVF on them etc. Disgraceful i think. I have no problem with their beliefs, their behaviour and conduct however sickens me.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: EagleLord on July 11, 2011, 06:00:35 PM
Disgraceful apologising for taking down the flags. Having a culture and celebrating a day, week, event, festival whatever is one thing, painting curbs and flags flying 24/7 is pathetic. Painting curbs, no respect for their flag at all. An individual who has true pride i nether nations flag flies it proudly, no bullshit, when it rains, it gets taken in, the flag never touches the ground etc. These flags fly from poles all year round, ripped and torn, dirty, no respect at all. Lowers the tone of a community. As an uncle said once 'its like a dog pissing on lampost' marking territory as such. The flags themselves too, they aren't just the national flag, the UJ or whatever, some say UVF on them etc. Disgraceful i think. I have no problem with their beliefs, their behaviour and conduct however sickens me.

In September 1996 the kerbstones of Ballaghadereen, County Mayo under Roscommon occupation were painted in the most glorious and beautiful green and red of Mother Mayo.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Maguire01

Quote from: firestarter on July 04, 2011, 08:27:48 PM
The Scottish flag is flown as a tribute to the large no. of scotts who, ironically, battle hardened from their own history of oppression from England were seen as the ideal candidates to settle on the land stolen from Irish farmers in the North of the country. It remains to be seen if this flag will still be used here when Scotland inevitably votes in the 2nd Term of their current Govts time in office(a manifesto pledge by the SNP who not only were the largest party at the last election but who recieved enough of a mandate to form a majority govt) to leave our Loyalists' beloved Union.
Not very likely. And in the unlikely event that they did vote for independence, I don't see any reason why they'd change their flag.

thejuice

I read on Slugger that Polish flags were being burnt too. The PSNI were obliged to investigate it as it was deemed racist.

It must be a tough job trying to tell the racist bits apart from the "cultural" bits.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: thejuice on July 11, 2011, 09:16:45 PM
I read on Slugger that Polish flags were being burnt too. The PSNI were obliged to investigate it as it was deemed racist.

It must be a tough job trying to tell the racist bits apart from the "cultural" bits.

Polish flag = racist
Irish flag = culture ????

lawnseed

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on July 11, 2011, 09:35:35 PM

Polish flag = racist

they seem to have all angles covered there.. a few tinnies and it will make for a great celebration of orange culture ::)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Nally Stand

The Irish News today showed that bonfire from the other side today. The large banner on the upper left in that pic: 'K.A.T' (kill all taigs). Welcome to orangefest  :)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Candyman

The main bonfire in Armagh has both the city clubs flags, Armagh flag, numerous tricolours and sinn fein election poster amongst other items on top of it!!! Rumour has it Groucho was spotted donating the Pearse Og flag? ;-)

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: lawnseed on July 11, 2011, 09:43:41 PM
Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on July 11, 2011, 09:35:35 PM

Polish flag = racist

they seem to have all angles covered there.. a few tinnies and it will make for a great celebration of orange culture ::)

pardon my ignorance but what's the S.S.H ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once