Flags & Culture.....

Started by front of the mountain, July 01, 2011, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

It gets better by the day  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

.................STATEMENT................

Today the Protestant Coalition have implemented charges against the Psni Chief Constable, Matt Baggott.

The charges placed against Mr Baggott are bringing the Psni into disrepute and treason. The Disciplinary and Services Department of the Psni have acknowledged receipt of said charges and by doing so are now obligated to investigate Mr Baggott.

We the Protestant Coalition feel that as the head of the Psni Mr Baggott is culpable in relation to the charges placed upon him by us and we will endeavour to keep the public informed as things move forward with the case.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

EagleLord

I done some laughin at those assorted pics when I seen them. Its, Jesus I duno, its just so so so sad. And as evidence shows completely shambolic attempt by him. FAIL i believe the cool kids say. Its laughable but we souldnt really laugh at the same time, as NAG1 said.

Can, they, not see how stupid this tool is? How could ye follow/support him? A person is smart though, people are idiots... (MIB-1997)

Orior

Not sure if it was mentioned in another thread, but there was a vote in Belfast City Council last week about bonfires. Currently, the each bonfire organisers get a grant, of which 70% is paid up front and 30% afterwards if they behave themselves during the bonfire.

SF raised a motion to get the percentages reversed, but the motion was defeated. UUP and DUP voted against the motion on the grounds that they cannot control the nonsense that happens during and after the bonfire.

I thought SF, SDLP and Alliance had a majority in Belfast City Council?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on May 11, 2015, 01:17:12 PM
Not sure if it was mentioned in another thread, but there was a vote in Belfast City Council last week about bonfires. Currently, the each bonfire organisers get a grant, of which 70% is paid up front and 30% afterwards if they behave themselves during the bonfire.

SF raised a motion to get the percentages reversed, but the motion was defeated. UUP and DUP voted against the motion on the grounds that they cannot control the nonsense that happens during and after the bonfire.

I thought SF, SDLP and Alliance had a majority in Belfast City Council?
The whole thing is a farce. It was in the paper last week that a "community group" received money last year to not build a bonfire, which they complied with. They are getting the same funding this year even though stockpiling has started for a real bonfire. Again, the excuse being that they have no control over the people doing it.

red hander

As a Belfast ratepayer I am raging that these cnuts are getting paid with my money to pollute the environment ... some culture all right

johnneycool

Quote from: red hander on May 11, 2015, 03:00:36 PM
As a Belfast ratepayer I am raging that these cnuts are getting paid with my money to pollute the environment ... some culture all right

Ring into Stevie Nolan then!

Orior

Quote from: johnneycool on May 11, 2015, 03:09:32 PM
Quote from: red hander on May 11, 2015, 03:00:36 PM

Ring into Stevie Nolan then!

As a taxpayer I am raging that this cnut is getting paid with my money to pollute the airwaves ... some cnut all right
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

front of the mountain

Commuting everyday from West Tyrone to Lisburn I must say some amount of flags bunting going up this past week or so, getting earlier every year. Bar the standard Flegs will all come to expect, must say I little giggle today when i seen the jolly roger pirate flag, new one for me? What that about??

HiMucker

Quote from: front of the mountain on June 02, 2016, 01:17:43 PM
Commuting everyday from West Tyrone to Lisburn I must say some amount of flags bunting going up this past week or so, getting earlier every year. Bar the standard Flegs will all come to expect, must say I little giggle today when i seen the jolly roger pirate flag, new one for me? What that about??
Mentioned some pages back in this thread I think.  Apparently its to represent some soccer team from Ballymacash if I recall

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: front of the mountain on June 02, 2016, 01:17:43 PM

UCC playing hurling nearby?

Feckitt

Union Jack flying high above Newry court house today.  Is there any call for this really?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Feckitt on June 02, 2016, 09:04:45 PM
Union Jack flying high above Newry court house today.  Is there any call for this really?

It happens every year around this time, do you get annoyed at seeing Tricolours flying?? I doubt it, their culture is flying flags, being royalist and Loyalist and Marching....

Its been happening for years and every year people get annoyed about it... Its been eroding slowly but surely every year as younger kids become less interested in following their dad's footsteps...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 02, 2016, 09:48:59 PM

It happens every year around this time, do you get annoyed at seeing Tricolours flying?? I doubt it, their culture is flying flags, being royalist and Loyalist and Marching....

Its been happening for years and every year people get annoyed about it... Its been eroding slowly but surely every year as younger kids become less interested in following their dad's footsteps...

You can't get annoyed at it because a tricolour never flies above any courthouse in the 6 counties. Wullie would be annoyed if another primary school put up an Italian flag for the Euros though.

Rossfan

If Newry is 90%  nationalist why doesn't some of ye remove the fcukn thing?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Rossfan on June 02, 2016, 10:39:48 PM
If Newry is 90%  nationalist why doesn't some of ye remove the fcukn thing?

Have you ever seen the courthouse? It would be like a second Siege of Derry.