Flags & Culture.....

Started by front of the mountain, July 01, 2011, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Very much agree with Lar there in terms of the brooding in the past.  I have no love for the Orange Order but I do know that there are moves in some areas to try to "normalise" the 12th "celebrations".  Mrs BC is directly involved in it and I know that some are working hard to make it a less cold place for catholics, tonight will tell a big story. 

theticklemister

Jackie McDonald former commander in the UDA came out yesterday and said he hates the 12th and it is one of the worst days in the year for him!!

He is getting lambasted from everywhere!!! lol!

AQMP

Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 11, 2012, 11:34:28 AM
Saw it on twitter but it's from 2010 apparently. Sick nonetheless and it's what you come to expect from Loyalists.

In that case I withdraw my post about the handshake and NITB ;)

Applesisapples

The Orange Order in Country Areas tends to be more cultural and religious than in urban areas where it is more about pissing on your neighbour's garden. Time to drop the KTP bands and try and make the whole twelth a proper cultural celebration, no need also for the rabble rousing speeches.

LeoMc

Quote from: theticklemister on July 11, 2012, 11:53:59 AM
Jackie McDonald former commander in the UDA came out yesterday and said he hates the 12th and it is one of the worst days in the year for him!!

Eamon Mallie said something about it on twitter. Said McDonald was getting lambasted on his (Mallies) facebook page.

ziggysego

Quote from: LeoMc on July 11, 2012, 01:01:20 PM

Eamon Mallie said something about it on twitter. Said McDonald was getting lambasted on his (Mallies) facebook page.

He got a right mouthful about it, on the comments section of the Belfast Telegraph yesterday.
Testing Accessibility

Oraisteach

Anyone got photos of this year's collection of July 12th bonfires?

dillinger

Quote from: LeoMc on July 11, 2012, 01:01:20 PM

Eamon Mallie is a twat. I ejected him from Bedford House in Belfast once. I really enjoyed that. ;D

Oraisteach

Love to be staying at the Days Inn right next to the Sandy Row bonfire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFUKxce5wU

Hardy

Where do they get the pallets?

Stay safe tonight, folks.

Puckoon

I hope Diamond Dan Bootleg Billy gets a good night's rest tonight.

dillinger

That's near where i live. Very uneducated breed of Prods live on the Clandeboye road. (bar me of course) :)

EagleLord

Haha! Love seeing stuff like that! Redhands with 6 fingers etc  :D And to be fair I did see written on a wall before 'Chuckie ar la'  ;D ;D

omagh_gael

Saw a few classic graffiti fails this week myself. In Lisburn a drug dealer has sprayed 'Crhis xxxxx pay your drug bill £600' and this wonderful rape of the english language 'Up a ra' in Derry.