munster final

Started by deise boy, June 27, 2011, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deise boy

jus want to get everyones thoughts on the munster hurling final coming up sunday week. tipp are goin into the game on the back of 2 good wins over cork and clare meanwhile waterford had a great tussle with limerick emerging 1 point winners. it has the makings of a great final tipp will be raging hot favs but as a big waterford fan the team will relish playing tipp in the final.

deiseach

Waterford in both matches for the third year running. These are the best days of our lives! No real insight into the Minor match, we looked sporadically decent on Saturday against Limerick (read all about it at you-know-where) but I'd have no idea how good Clare would be. As for the Seniors, it's like flipping Groundhog Day - if Waterford can get a grip on the Tipp goal machine we have a chance, otherwise we're screwed. I'm going for the latter

Milltown Row2

hard to call, Tipp weren't overly impressive against a spirited Clare team and when Clare's engine stalled Tipp ran out easy winners, Should Waterford hang in longer than Clare, then this may have a different ending to what the bookies think.

So I'm going for a Tipp 10 point win  ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

deise boy

deiseach

They probably been ten points better than us the last two times we've met :-\

flynners

keep the faith all ye deise boys!tipp r all-ireland champs(ha,ha the cats)but davy has the team knowing what is needed from them.we have a good mix of youth&experance &no fear of the big game r teams anymore.1st we`ll take Munster then Ireland!COMEN THE DEISE!

ormondeboy3

Big game on Sunday for all concerned.

A Waterford win, will buy Davy another year. And they may ghost into an All-Ireland if they keep their next two games in the trenches.

An open game should see Tipp have enough potential match winners up front to get over the line.

What is most interesting on Sunday is to see where Tipp's point on the form graph is relative to the past 2 years, where they climbed steadily towards hurling poetry (ahem) in early September. This is more interesting still when filtered through Kilkenny's performance v Dublin at the weekend. Cody was definitely up for it as were his men between the lines.

Still alot of questions to be answered re Tipp:

Who is to man right full and right wing back? Will Brendan Maher plug a hole there (and diminish midfield). Will Gearoid Ryan step up in midfield to allow the former re-shuffle? Will John O'Brien do his thing and shoot 1-3, as he can out of no where. Will Paddy Stapleton find form?

Twill be a right one.

deiseach

If we win, we have to be firm favourites to win our All-Ireland semi-final. Davy has won every game against anyone other than Kilkenny and Tipperary. Unfortunately he only has one win to show against them both in five attempts. We shouldn't need more incentive to win on Sunday, but there it is anyway

GAA_Punter

Former Tipperary star Nicky English audio preview of Tipperary v Waterford http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/video/37593/

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on July 05, 2011, 06:07:56 PM
If we win, we have to be firm favourites to win our All-Ireland semi-final. Davy has won every game against anyone other than Kilkenny and Tipperary. Unfortunately he only has one win to show against them both in five attempts. We shouldn't need more incentive to win on Sunday, but there it is anyway

You'd really like to see Davy line the Waterford team in a formation to really go for it rather than the uber defensive formations he favours against the big three. Waterford have some good young hurlers to supplement the likes of Mullane in the forwards. I just think packing the defence invites to opposition the pummel your defence with loads of ball and Tipp worked that out quite quickly last year in the semi.

Come on Davy, go for it and give us a game to remember.

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on July 07, 2011, 10:24:42 PM
You'd really like to see Davy line the Waterford team in a formation to really go for it rather than the uber defensive formations he favours against the big three. Waterford have some good young hurlers to supplement the likes of Mullane in the forwards. I just think packing the defence invites to opposition the pummel your defence with loads of ball and Tipp worked that out quite quickly last year in the semi.

Like Eoin McGrath? :o

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on July 07, 2011, 10:54:45 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 07, 2011, 10:24:42 PM

Like Eoin McGrath? :o

I had Mahoney and Brian O'Sullivan in mind. McGrath is a worker and tryer which Davy must be going for

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on July 08, 2011, 11:50:44 AM
I had Mahoney and Brian O'Sullivan in mind. McGrath is a worker and tryer which Davy must be going for

He's certainly not 'young' and 'good' is debateable. Davy clearly doesn't think the likes of Maurice Shanahan or Eamonn Murphy is up to it. Unfortunately he might be right

seafoid

Tipp haven't won back to back all-Irelands for a very long time