Munster Final 2011

Started by Kerry Mike, June 27, 2011, 12:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dubh driocht

Having seen both teams in the league, there's not much in it. However, I think Counihan has a bit more to him than O'Connor and Galvin is also a loss. The league meeting between them was a useful indicator and history will repeat itself with a Goulding free to win it at the end.
Down to get Kerry in the back door and we all know what happen then.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2011, 11:11:53 PM
By their nature full backs concede the goals, just like the goalkeeper. Whether they are to blame or not is another matter entirely, and as you pointed out, and as I allude to in my analysis, I think the half back line is the bigger worry.

My point is that if Kerry struggle there, and at midfield, then the pressure on the full back line might be too much to handle, particularly as they conceded (Kerry) 3 goals in a game that was, as you said, won easily.

Will they tighten up in a closer game, or be even more vulnerable against better opponents? We'll see I suppose.

I think you're right that the backline will come under more pressure here than against any other opposition. Cork are the best in the business right now and really attack in waves from deep. My point is that the Limerick game is utterly irrelevant. Kerry leaked 2 goals in the latter part of the game when it was over as a contest. So what...I would put good money on neither side getting 3 goals on Sunday.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Zulu

Quote from: laoislad on July 02, 2011, 12:00:30 AM
Tipp by 5+

Good to see another man with an interest in the minor game but you'd have to fancy Cork in that one too.

CorkMan

Kerrigan and Sheehan will bith do some seious damage tomorrow.Enright hasn't much experience at this level and Ciaran Sheehan is one of the best young players in the country imo.It will be close so I'm going to say Cork to win by less than 3.

bennydorano

Last year Spillane and Co were saying Kerry are in for a period of rebuilding etc..etc.. and are no longer the top dogs.  They dont seem to have improved to any great extent since last year, yet they are a part of a Big 2 ???  If Cork can throw off their mental shackles i think they could win by 4+

heffo

Quote from: bennydorano on July 02, 2011, 08:21:37 PM
Last year Spillane and Co were saying Kerry are in for a period of rebuilding etc..etc.. and are no longer the top dogs.  They dont seem to have improved to any great extent since last year, yet they are a part of a Big 2 ???

When you have several AI medals in your pocket you don't get written off easily.

I'd still put them at #2 as none of the immediate chasing pack have shown any great deal of improvement - so for me you have Cork & Kerry, maybe another 3 or 4 behind them and then two further groups.

deiseach

Quote from: heffo on July 02, 2011, 08:47:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 02, 2011, 08:21:37 PM
Last year Spillane and Co were saying Kerry are in for a period of rebuilding etc..etc.. and are no longer the top dogs.  They dont seem to have improved to any great extent since last year, yet they are a part of a Big 2 ???

When you have several AI medals in your pocket you don't get written off easily.

I'd still put them at #2 as none of the immediate chasing pack have shown any great deal of improvement - so for me you have Cork & Kerry, maybe another 3 or 4 behind them and then two further groups.

The fact that the game today is a sellout shows the collective mob agrees.

Minder

How many times is Martin Carney going to say "very much so" ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Go home ref

How many times is that eejit going to refer to Donaghy as "the star"??

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Go home ref on July 03, 2011, 02:14:00 PM

Aye except he has now dropped "the". Such a bollox, does he think he is donaghys best mate or something.

screenexile

Onlooker

Quote from: Zulu on July 02, 2011, 01:07:03 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 02, 2011, 12:00:30 AM
Tipp by 5+

Good to see another man with an interest in the minor game but you'd have to fancy Cork in that one too.
Laois lad you are a sound judge of the Minor Football scene. ;D ;D ;D

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 03, 2011, 02:18:55 PM
Quote from: Go home ref on July 03, 2011, 02:14:00 PM

Aye except he has now dropped "the". Such a bollox, does he think he is donaghys best mate or something.
Getting sick listening to the constant references to Star and Gooch. He's not Mark Sidebottom.

mannix

Crikey, tip really gave cork some stuffing in minor football. When did this last happen? Are tipp really moving in the direction of being a force?