Laois v Kildare Round 2 Qualifier

Started by Dinny Breen, June 26, 2011, 08:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Appetite is back..
#newbridgeornowhere

laoislad

Bring it on like Donkey Kong.
I was hoping for a handy draw like Armagh or Tyrone but Kildare in Portlaoise on a hot summers day(hopefully) will be a great occasion.
Should be a cracker!

Kildare have to be clear favourites for this though I'd say.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Donnellys Hollow

Perfect draw for Kildare in many ways. If they can't raise their game for Laois than there's no hope for them at all.

We badly need Daryl Flynn back at midfield and I'd nearly give Conor Brophy a change alongside him. For all the positive aspects that Hugh Lynch brings, he can still be slow and ponderous on the ball which makes life hard for our forward line. Brophy seems to have limitless energy and he's not afraid to get stuck in. Rob Kelly has to start inside the next day - unbelievable to think he has never actually started a match for Kildare in the championship. Lyons looked to have dislocated his shoulder so presumably McLoughlin will be restored to the full-back line. I don't know what the story was with Chalky yesterday. It looked like he was only winded or something so he'll probably retain his place.

This match will hinge on whether Johnny is fit or not. He clearly wasn't anywhere near full fitness yesterday and it cost us big time. If Johnny is firing on all cylinders, I'd be confident of getting a result down in Portlaoise but form goes out the window in Kildare/Laois games. Win it and we're back on the horse.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Bud Wiser

QuoteI don't know what the story was with Chalky yesterday.
Cracked ribs, or rib.   Ref didn't see it.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Donnellys Hollow

It looks like Colm Parkinson has taken to this twitter lark:

@Woolberto
Colm Parkinson
was away the past week...saw the dub game...controversial ending, wasnt a free...delighted for that knobhead mcloughlin tho #gaa
28 Jun via web

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Alas Andrew isn't the most popular even in club circles and does himself no favours screaming in peoples faces, at least Parkinson is honest.

Can't see his media gigs lasting though..
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 29, 2011, 04:29:36 PM
Alas Andrew isn't the most popular even in club circles and does himself no favours screaming in peoples faces, at least Parkinson is honest.

Can't see his media gigs lasting though..
he's surely not liked alright!!

ellistown isnt he- well its no skin of their noses how much they are liked down around there !

looking forward to the laois v kildare game - should be a cracker.
think it will be a close one too.

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 29, 2011, 03:44:43 PM
It looks like Colm Parkinson has taken to this twitter lark:

@Woolberto
Colm Parkinson
was away the past week...saw the dub game...controversial ending, wasnt a free...delighted for that knobhead mcloughlin tho #gaa
28 Jun via web

Famous last words.

Geezer can simply use those comments to fire up Kildare even more now, remarks like these really come back to haunt you.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

LilySavage

Parkinson calling anyone a knobhead smacks of irony to me.......

goal 10

Sorry to say we have no chance of beating Kildare this Saturday'
There are a serious team and way above us in there football ability.

squire_in_navy_slacks

laois will give kildare a serious game, I think kildare are seriously over rated, people are too much in awe of geezer, kildare are no more fitter than any other team knocking around.................... ::)

time for a huddle

Dinny Breen

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 05, 2011, 12:58:14 AM
laois will give kildare a serious game, I think kildare are seriously over rated, people are too much in awe of geezer, kildare are no more fitter than any other team knocking around.................... ::)

time for a huddle

No shit Sherlock!!

Doesn't say much for Dublin that took a serious of awful decisions to beat this over-rated Kildare side, maybe if you mentioned that Kildare are missing 2 All-Stars Earley and Kelly, their player of the year from last year Flynn, their player of the year from two years ago Conway and that two of the best forwards in the championship in the last two years are suffering poor form,Smith and Kavanagh. That Kildare don't have the strength in dept of Cork or Dublin to carry those losses maybe your argument would have creedence. Kildare can't cope because their natural replacements are just too young, Kildare have some smashing players coming through all of whom have beaten Meath and Dublin regularly at minor and u/21.

Instead you offer generalisations, who are these people in awe of Geezer or are you not allow praise a man who has helped turn around the off-field structures of Kildare football, when McGeeney leaves he will leave Kildare in a much better state than when he arrived, as a coach that is all you can ask.

As for the fitness comment, I'm sure the Meath lads would like to comment on that...
#newbridgeornowhere

HowAreYeGettinOn

Anyone know if this is the live game on TV3 on Saturday evening?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere