Armagh v Wicklow

Started by bennydorano, June 26, 2011, 08:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Home win? Or Micko laughs last? Pretty nervy about this one given the way we are playing. However should be home win by 4.

ExcellentDriver

This will be a true test of whether 'The Micko Factor' still remains in Football. Kildare really should have won the 1998 All-Ireland Final, however Galway (consisting mostly of the side 'Under Par' Tyrone beat 3 Years prior) simply rode the storm and had an inspired Second Half. A testament to having quality Forwards in your Team (Kildare always struggled to convert possession into Points).

I think Armagh should do just about enough, however the Qualifiers haven't been good to them (2003 apart).
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Denn Forever

Could be one of the ties of this round of qualifiers. 

Armagh have to win and have home advantage and this could be Micko's last game (unless he came to Cavan afterwards).  You'll have to hope they don't travel well which I don't think they do.

Sorry Apples but I think it could be a Wicklow victory by 3. 

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

jobo11

Armagh by 1. tough tie but wicklow will be up for it. wicklow have some success in the back-door system beating down, running kerry close in one occasion so it will be tough. not confident but home advantage could save us if wicklow dont travell

bcarrier

I think Armagh could win this by 7+ points. Nothing went right for them against Derry. Wicklow seem to have lost that initial Micko momentum.

PAULD123

Wicklow are not a good team. But you saw what Clare did to us. Basically if Micko has them fired up and they work really hard then it will be far from easy for Armagh. There are two big differences between the likes of Armagh and Wicklow:

1. Armagh carry some absolute star players - Stevie and Jamie are good enough for any team
2. Armagh know not to panic

Teams like Wicklow could start conceding points and throw in the towel, then the game ends up with a big score difference. but if Armagh don't get 7-8 points ahead early and hold it for 15-20 minutes then Wicklow will gain confidence and really start to believe in themselves. Clare looked buried against us until they got a ridiculous goal which gave them the impetus to give the game a real go. We were 5 points to nothing up but only held that for 2-3 minutes. If we had closed Clare out for a good 20 minutes I think their heads would have dropped.

Overall Armagh will not give up and even if Wicklow make a game of it Armagh will end up the victors. the difference in score means nothing. The only thing that matters is that you end up at with least one point more, and I believe that Armagh will certainly achieve that goal.

mountainboii

naka

lawnseed

any team news paul duffy etc.. ? hearty staying in goals.. cairan toner mid or defence or is the championship over for armagh
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

armaghniac

Quotehearty staying in goals..

Perhaps Paddy will try him at half forward!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mountainboii

Quote from: lawnseed on July 01, 2011, 10:21:04 PM
any team news paul duffy etc.. ? hearty staying in goals.. cairan toner mid or defence or is the championship over for armagh

This.

bennydorano

Armagh 1/8, Wicklow 13/5  with Bet365.  bookies must know something the rest of us dont.  Down for 7pm as well, Wicklow's plea for a 5pm throw-in not listened to by the looks of it.

Sandy Hill

I hear Kieran Toner is out with hamstring problems.
"Stercus accidit"