Munster Minor Championship - ¡Viva la Revolución!

Started by deiseach, June 26, 2011, 11:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

No sign of the Big Two in Munster as Waterford and Clare are in the final for the second year running, and all that despite the back door. It could just as easily been Limerick and Clare but Waterford managed to stagger over the finish line after another epic in Walsh Park last night. You can read about it here

Reillers

Nice to see the other teams doing well, that said it doesn't help that it's constantly Tipp v Cork, Tipp v Cork over and over again in the first game, such a waste that all that hard work can be over in a decision of a ref or 1 wide, no second chances here.

It seems almost pointless that we continue to field underage teams until Cork can get someone competent to run it, but anyone decent, such as previous managers like Donal O Grady, will not go near it.

The U21s is our only hope this year seeing as we're out of this one.

Thankfully the date was changed for the Cork v Tipp U21 semi final, so we have some dual players, Aidan Walsh, Ciaran Sheehan available to us.

The U21s is wide open with Kilkenny out of it, all we have to do is get over Tipp, which we haven't seem to be able to do over the past few years, extra time, replays, 1 point losses. Good players, good performances, but they struggle to get over that line, lack of confidence.

Tatler Jack

Cork were beaten by Limerick this year in the first round Reillers - not by Tipp. Last year they lost to Waterford.

Reillers

Quote from: Tatler Jack on June 26, 2011, 08:59:41 PM
Cork were beaten by Limerick this year in the first round Reillers - not by Tipp. Last year they lost to Waterford.

Oh ya, worse than that I was actually there (how could i+I forgot it was painful, they hammered us).

I was more talking about the U21s. And before last season, it was constantly Cork and Tipp, Cork and Tipp (unless I'm getting them mixed up with the U21s.) And seeing as how many replays we've had over the last few years. It feels like all we ever do is play Tipp.