our boys

Started by lawnseed, June 26, 2011, 12:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossfan on June 28, 2011, 02:05:21 PM
Cathasaigh , what do you think of the people who tried to murder Peadar Heffron and succeeded in murdering the other 2 Catholic PSNI men?
This happened very recently , not in 1921  ;)

No response I notice  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 28, 2011, 04:26:44 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 04:15:37 PM
Quote from: Cáthasaigh on June 28, 2011, 11:40:39 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 11:24:42 AM
Go on Cásthasaigh how are you going to tell this socially liberal, economically conservative, nationalist, republican, pro-Irish-unification, atheist, pro-European Union, how I am a fascist.

You're diverting again, the debate isn't about you. I challenged your opinion of the 26C army, of whom you are proud, and outlined historical reasons why no Irish person should be proud of them. You have chosen to ignore the evidence, much of which outlines historical and contemporary Fascistic behaviour and links so it's reasonable to conclude that you approve of that which you cannot deny and as such you too exhibit Fascist tendencies.

Perhaps you wish to dispute the history of the state or the cosy governmental links with IRMS who supply right wing mercenaries for all sorts of atrocious activities in the third world. Most lilkely though you will respond with further playground diversions.

Come on lad, prove me a fascist.
Easy.

MGHU = Fine Gael Voter = Eoin O'Duffy = Fascist.

No, wait, four steps is too many.

How about, "Cathasaigh says you're a Fascist, so you must be"?

P.S. Where do I claim my Prize?  ;)

A EG, I was waiting for the famous photo they always bring out at this stage.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 04:25:50 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 04:24:17 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 04:10:53 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 03:43:52 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 03:35:15 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 03:29:10 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 03:14:12 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 03:05:47 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 02:42:37 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 02:29:56 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 02:04:31 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 01:38:40 PM
Jaysus Mayo/Muppet, if you are both sure of your opinions, then would one of ye please actually try to answer any of Cáthasaigh's points instead of throwing out abuse/labels/sarcastic responses. Bit of debate would b interesting.

and Nally Stand's first contribution to debate was
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 12:27:37 AM
...says the blueshirt

hypocritical much  ;)

Which came in response to your post which was nothing but partitionist abuse. Cáthasaigh has raised a number of arguments about the 26 county army which you obviously disagree with. He has invited you or whoever else, to debate these issues, yet you have just replied to him with your usual childish sarcasm to avoid tough debate.

Wise up, do you ever listen to yourself, you throw around Free State, West Brit, Blueshirt ad nauesem. The new lad is very liberal with his interpretation of a fascist, his vitriol towards the Irish State and its defenders of the peace and security is absurd. It seems he forgot Mr.Connolly was a soldier in the British Monarchs army. Rookie mistake I suppose. waiting to see if he changes to a simple Starry Plough. Of course will he go green like in the time of Connolly, or the reformed blue version which strangely in his avatar is with a man who was dead by the time of the colour change. Wonder will he answer me about armed revolution against the Irish state, but sure unlike you Nally, I won't demand an answer (being a democrat myself) unless he wants to.

Right so once again, rather than discuss his main arguments you discuss his avatar. Useful counter argument alright.  ::) Not surprised a FGer like you would be talking about removing the picture of James Connolly I must say. Going by your comments in the thread I linked to earlier, I assume you regard Connolly as a criminal who you "have lukewarm feelings about" because you are "a democrat" and he took up arms rather than tried to "force the Brits to let us go by the ballot box" (Unlike Collins of course. Ooops   :-X )

Your funny Nally, you really are. You talk about avoidance and misrepresenting arguments. It is clear from what I said that I was pointing out his avatar was James Connolly, ex-British Army serviceman. This same poster then goes on the rant about ex-British Army servicemen, did you miss that, did you? Go on stop deflecting  ;D

Yes Mayo but discussing his avatar does not qualify as debating his various points. It is just deflecting from them. You have yet to come up with a reasoned retort to the specific points raised posts in any way, shape or form.

Well you see Nally, our new poster has yet to back up his points with even a scrap of evidence. What makes you think me or anyone else who reads this or has responded needs to disprove him, as he hasn't even tried to prove it himself. You seem to hold a higher standard for those you disagree with than those you agree or sympathise with. Choose your allies carefully, I think your new friend may have very different view on the Republican movement to yourself.

I don't recall referring to him as an ally. I am trying to encourage you to discuss his points rather than hide behind childish, sarcastic replies. For the sake of interesting reading if nothing else. If his arguments don't stand up to scrutiny, then show some maturity and discuss why in terms of his different arguments.

Or don't  :-\ . This thread is boring the hole of me at this stage, and it could have made interesting debate. It might yet, we'll see.

Heres a though Nally Stand, let Cáthasaigh the accuser bear the burden of proof against the Irish State and its security services. Ask him to present his evidence. Then maybe myself or others that seem unimpressed by his evidence so far, which has included Muppet, Rossfan, Evil Genius, deiseach and hardy might discuss his points.

Is this argument getting boring because you can feel it slipping away from you?

I wasn't trying to get in any argument with you, I was trying to encourage you to discuss the topic reasonably with Cáthasaigh, but you did give me a good laugh there saying the argument was "slipping away from you"

You'd know all about that, as the following posters suggested  :D .....

Post #927: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16587.msg963132#msg963132
"mayogodhelpus, you are going nowwhere with this one" (armaniac)

Post #949: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16587.msg963189#msg963189
"Pretty weak MGHU. Pretty weak." (AZOffaly)

Post #953: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16587.msg963196#msg963196
"Can I politely suggest that you go out for a rake of pints and leave the iPhone/iPad/laptop till monday." (Muppet)

Post #960: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16587.msg963217#msg963217
Great post one from Pints that I quoted earlier

Post #961: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16587.msg963219#msg963219
AZOffaly

Post #972: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16587.msg963371#msg963371
"I'd leave it nally. He has talked himself into a corner and will now ignore direct questions and hope everyone forgets his stupidity on this issue." (Mylestheslasher)

Post #973: http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16587.msg963383#msg963383
"MGHU i reckon a name change is in order. I don't think I've ever seen someone so wrapped up in circles on this board!!" (Trueblue1234)

Nally, you do realise how sad you are making yourself look right now. You have clearly lost the argument and are reverting to the tactics of a rogue. Sure everyone on here knows my views, you are hardly enlightening them to something new. Its funny because it looks like you think that thread was some kind of achievement for you, like the closest in life you have felt like accomplishing something. A gold star on your copybook, a poor little NS. The difference between you and I, is that I know many people find my views unpalatable and find me a pain in the arse, you in contrast are blissfully unaware of the same. That is what makes people like me annoying and people like you dangerous.

:D :D :D

Ploughing your empty furrow I see.

Evil Genius

Quote from: deiseach on June 28, 2011, 02:51:16 PM
Morrissey said recently that "if the British people decided tomorrow that the Queen must go, then the Queen wouldn't hesitate to turn her tanks on the British people. It would happen. Because the police are commissioned to protect the Queen against the people of England. That's their first and foremost task. And I find that absolutely absurd".
Wow!

I always suspected Morrisey was a p r i ck, but would have hesitated to assert it, since I don't like his music (or more accurately, his whining vocal style), so don't follow him, and therefore know little about him.

I am now happy that my suspicion was correct.

Meanwhile, back to Cathasaigh, about whom I also have my suspicions, and his views on the Irish Defence Forces... :D
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 28, 2011, 04:37:43 PM
Morrissey said recently that "if the British people decided tomorrow that the Queen must go, then the Queen wouldn't hesitate to turn her tanks on the British people. It would happen. Because the police are commissioned to protect the Queen against the people of England. That's their first and foremost task. And I find that absolutely absurd".
Wow!

I always suspected Morrisey was a p r i ck, but would have hesitated to assert it, since I don't like his music (or more accurately, his whining vocal style), so don't follow him, and therefore know little about him.

Meanwhile, back to Cathasaigh, about whom I also have my suspicions, and his views on the Irish Defence Forces... :D

Maybe the screws have confisgated his i-phone  :D

Evil Genius

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 04:55:06 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on June 28, 2011, 04:37:43 PMMeanwhile, back to Cathasaigh, about whom I also have my suspicions, and his views on the Irish Defence Forces... :D

Always possible, I suppose.

In which case, referring back to the OP. am I the only one to detect a whiff of anti-Semitism in Lawnseed, in his casual references to "the Jews"?  :o
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 28, 2011, 04:37:43 PMMeanwhile, back to Cathasaigh, about whom I also have my suspicions, and his views on the Irish Defence Forces... :D

In which case, referring back to the OP, am I the only one to detect a whiff of anti-Semitism in Lawnseed, what with his casual references to "the Jews"?  :o
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 28, 2011, 05:02:49 PM

In which case, referring back to the OP. am I the only one to detect a whiff of anti-Semitism in Lawnseed, in his casual references to "the Jews"?  :o

I took it more as indoctrinted hostility towards the state of Israel rather than anti-Semitism. I may be wrong. I am far from a fan of Israel and find my sympathies lie in general closer to the Palestinian side, so those are my cards on the table. When debating certain states such as Israel, Saudi Arabia or the Vatican there is a clear link between religion and the governance of those states. To the opposite scale you could say a secular state such as France (despite its Catholic/Christian heritage). Countries like Ireland, the U.K. or the United States occupy a kind of grey middle ground. I think when you talk about a state such as Israel it can be valid to empasise its religious ethos when approprate to the argument. I see where you are coming from EG, in this case it did not seem appropriate, rather Isreali should have been the term used. As how could a Jew in New York, Dublin, London, France, Turkey, Brazil or Australia be implicated in wrongs, percieved or real. Of course they may be culpable through support, but they are far from a homogenous group.

deiseach

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 28, 2011, 04:37:43 PM
Wow!

Have Morrissey and Cáthasaigh ever been seen in a room together at the same time?

ExcellentDriver

Bring Irish Troops home from Lebanon and Darfur. The Republic needs to become Non-Interventionist, possibly even Isolationist.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 01:17:52 PM

I see your avatar is James Connolly  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

If you reached any further you would be horizontal. Connolly's involvement in the British army was obviously before the declaration of the Republic, as was Tom Barry's. This is in stark contrast to the former British soldiers who flocked to the Free State army after having opposed the Republic. Those whom Mellows referred to as the 'stake in the land' people.
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: Hardy on June 28, 2011, 03:19:37 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 02:36:03 PM
I'm not getting into any sort of debate on the 26 county army myself, but jaysus lads, for the sake of interesting reading if nothing else, if yis disagree with Cáthasaigh then have the balls to outline why, in terms of his arguments (not just by picking out one of his arguments and blissfully ignoring the rest, EG/Muppet.) (Or in the case of MGHU, blissfully ignoring all of his arguments).

It's impossible to debate with Cáthasaigh's logic - that because x happened in the past, y is going to happen in the future. Morrissey said recently that "if the British people decided tomorrow that the Queen must go, then the Queen wouldn't hesitate to turn her tanks on the British people. It would happen. Because the police are commissioned to protect the Queen against the people of England. That's their first and foremost task. And I find that absolutely absurd". No doubt he could look to Bloody Sunday (x2) and Amritsar as evidence for this assertion. Yet how do you disprove it? You can't prove a negative.

You mightn't feel the need to try to disprove it once you've formed an opinion on its credibility. Such an opinion might be informed by drivel such as the following:

Quotethe same garrison families who provided the officer corps of Britain's Irish regiments have consistently formed the backbone of the 26C officer corps

QuoteThe echo of the ethos which accompanied such behaviour can be found today in the state's relationship with IRMS, the company which trains right wing extremists for corporate death squads, which was founded by former senior members of the 26C elite Ranger Wing 

QuoteThe 26C army has never been anything other than the willing henchman of the 26C state

That last one is one of the funniest things I've read here in a while. Next we'll be hearing that the legislature is in cahoots with the judiciary and the presidency in a conspiracy to govern the country.

Good man, go with the ridicule rather than an attempt at reasoned debate of incontestible facts. It's the only option open to you which in effect renders your own post ridiculous and confers a certain status upon yourself. No doubt you are surrounded by clean windows.

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: Rossfan on June 28, 2011, 02:05:21 PM
Cathasaigh , what do you think of the people who tried to murder Peadar Heffron and succeeded in murdering the other 2 Catholic PSNI men?
This happened very recently , not in 1921  ;)

Explain to my how this is relevant to the topic which concerns the 26C forces not the crown forces.

Cáthasaigh

Quote from: Rossfan on June 28, 2011, 04:29:41 PM

No response I notice  ::)

Hard to respond when you're not online hi professor.

gallsman

Nally, your rush to attack mghu here without ever expressing agreement with the opinions of this new fella speaks volumes. Very cheap point scoring.

A good friend of mine is a young officer in the Irish Army and I'm damn proud of him. I'm also damn proud of his commanding officer and colleagues who helped him bury his girlfriend after a car crash and were there for him when many others couldn't be. I really don't give a f**k what someone thinks about a particular legacy from the era of the civil war.

As to the original question, I find the tabloid attitude copied from the English papers to be cringeworthy.