Roscommon v Mayo Connacht final 2011

Started by ross4life, June 24, 2011, 07:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatler Jack

QuoteSo for Ros this is the match to lose

Seafoid gan dabht!!

ross matt

Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2011, 08:53:35 PM
Ros haven't had a decent team that could win Connacht consistently since the Dermot Earley /McManus crowd that got to the all-Ireland in 1980 . Yes there was a flash in 91 but nothing else. So this is a once in a generation chance for Ros to get their shit together. Mayo and Galway are not on top form and there is nothing surer but that they will rise again. It is a lot easier to win Connacht when things are in such a state of flux.  So for Ros this is the match to lose.

Won it '90 also Seafoid so lightning must have struck twice in the one county. Then of course there was '01. Think the last time you pontificated on Ross football history here some of the Mayo posters and myself tore you a new arse for yourself but you're still talkin out of the old one I see. First law of piss taking other counties is getting your facts right unless you're deliverately trying to live up to your name. Maybe not really the most appropriate day for Galway supporters to be lecturing  other counties about  "getting their shit together" huh?

ross matt

Quote from: ross matt on June 26, 2011, 09:03:48 PM
Ros haven't had a decent team that could win Connacht consistently since the Dermot Earley /McManus crowd that got to the all-Ireland in 1980 . Yes there was a flash in 91 but nothing else. So this is a once in a generation chance for Ros to get their shit together. Mayo and Galway are not on top form and there is nothing surer but that they will rise again. It is a lot easier to win Connacht when things are in such a state of flux.  So for Ros this is the match to lose.

Won it '90 also Seafoid so lightning must have struck twice in the one county. Then of course there was '01. Think the last time you pontificated on Ross football history here some of the Mayo posters and myself tore you a new arse for yourself but you're still talkin out of the old one I see. First law of piss taking other counties is getting your facts right unless you're deliverately trying to live up to your name. Maybe not really the most appropriate day for Galway supporters to be lecturing  other counties about  "getting their shit together" huh?

And eh now that you got found out (again) dont forget to post the obligatory "wum" excuse to explain the lack of knowledge on the subject.

seafoid

To be honest , Ross Matt, if Ros beat Mayo and lose another QF, 2011 won't be remembered for anything in Connacht football.
I hope whoever wins the final does Connacht proud and will be shouting for them .

ross4life

Is Seafoid the neutral voice of this thread? i'm undecided  :-\
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

RedandGreenSniper

Hard work is done. I don't see how a team who were in Division 4 this spring should be any problem for us.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ross4life

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on June 26, 2011, 10:14:03 PM
Hard work is done. I don't see how a team who were in Division 4 this spring should be any problem for us.

If i were in your position i would say/type the same thing! i respect your honesty.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mjg

As long as we are competitive its progress

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: ross4life on June 26, 2011, 10:21:03 PM

If i were in your position i would say/type the same thing! i respect your honesty.

I was actually on the wind-up! Wanted to see if the first Rossie response would be of agreement or fury. I don't think it will be easy but I think we can win. The Mayo poor-mouthing of how Roscommon are favourites is ridiculous when you bear the facts of my first comment in mind. We should expect to go up there and win. With the greatest of respect to Roscommon, I don't remember there even been a game against ye where we were fecked before a ball was thrown-in. This year is no different. But let the beal bocht resume. On both sides!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ross matt

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on June 26, 2011, 10:25:48 PM
Quote from: ross4life on June 26, 2011, 10:21:03 PM

I was actually on the wind-up! Wanted to see if the first Rossie response would be of agreement or fury. I don't think it will be easy but I think we can win. The Mayo poor-mouthing of how Roscommon are favourites is ridiculous when you bear the facts of my first comment in mind. We should expect to go up there and win. With the greatest of respect to Roscommon, I don't remember there even been a game against ye where we were fecked before a ball was thrown-in. This year is no different. But let the beal bocht resume. On both sides!

Good post. You're correct. Reality is a team just out of div 4 v an established div 1 side.

ross matt

Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2011, 09:51:27 PM

To be honest , Ross Matt, if Ros beat Mayo and lose another QF, 2011 won't be remembered for anything in Connacht football.
I hope whoever wins the final does Connacht proud and will be shouting for them .

Hmmmm.... I bet you will. Think you have an unhealthy interest in all things Ross. Were you not posting about us on a hurling thread of all things  a few days ago? Chillax about us. Today should have showed you we're not your problem.

Barney

The Mayo/Ros rivalry has really been revived at underage level the last few years. Anybody who has been to any of the under 21 games between the two counties will realise that there is nothing between them, and that the games are often exciting with good flowing football and go to the death.

If it's anything like the game in Charlestown in 2009 I think the whole country will enjoy it - probably the greatest game of football played in Connacht in the last 10 years:

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6191&Itemid=39

Rossfan

That was some game alright but we blew it at the death.

Still 2 wins since and the minoreens yesterday have pushed it well back in th'oul memory.

As for Senior CF --  seeing as Mayowestros should have won by 15 if not 20 points yesterday, they have been operating in Div 1 playing the top teams for years , we are only out of Div 4 and trying to recover from a terrible few years -- the best we can realistically hope for is to be competitive, be still in the game into the last quarter and sure then you'd never know.
It will be a good measure of where we are really  at .

Those hard headed money making men the bookies have it Mwr 4/7 and Ros 5/4.
Mind you they had us 4/1 in 2010  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ballinaman

Roscommon deserve to be favourites with the game being in the Hyde swinging it for them,just. Mayo shouldn't fear Roscommon and no doubt its vice versa. Roscommon were well beaten by Longford in the league final and have beaten New York and Leitrim since. The way Galway played yesterday, you'd have to think Leitrim would have given them a decent game so not a whole lot between the teams in terms of the form line.

spuds

Quote from: Rossfan on June 27, 2011, 09:12:51 AM

As for Senior CF --  seeing as Mayowestros should have won by 15 if not 20 points yesterday, they have been operating in Div 1 playing the top teams for years , we are only out of Div 4 and trying to recover from a terrible few years -- the best we can realistically hope for is to be competitive, be still in the game into the last quarter and sure then you'd never know.
It will be a good measure of where we are really  at .

+1
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard