Monaghan V Offaly 25.06.11

Started by Bingo, June 24, 2011, 11:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

I never rated Monaghan that highly.....they've had a few exceptional players in the Freemans and Paul Finlay and McManus but the remainder of the team was average at best IMO. Banty had them playing a brand of football which worked though was hard to watch.... but without him and the Freemans its a very ordinary team beatable by anyone. In saying that I'm surprise about this result.
Fair play to Offaly....keep er lit!

Minder

Tony Davis said tonight "it would be hard to write off Offaly, especially as everyone has written them off". Have to say it threw me a bit.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Subbie

It's a sad day when Monaghan Utd are the only senior  team from Monaghan competing at a national level that you can reley on to compete and not make a f**king show of themselves.

farniel

Quote from: The Subbie on June 26, 2011, 08:44:34 AM
It's a sad day when Monaghan Utd are the only senior  team from Monaghan competing at a national level that you can reley on to compete and not make a f**king show of themselves.
"Magic Mons" all the way. Playing great stuff these days under Collins. Way more entertaining than the senior GAA team anyway.

Maguire01

Poor result for Monaghan - if i had been told the margain of victory ahead of the game, i'd have put good money on it being Monaghan on top.

It was always going to be a tough year for Monaghan, losing the 2 Freemans, JP Mone, McQuaid and Woods - to be missing Dessie Mone, Walshe and Corey not being able to start didn't help either. We're never going to have a bench to absorb such losses.

Many had doubts about the new management before the start of the year and I think the same questions have to be raised again. I'm wondering what those people who were pushing Banty out the door are thinking now.

Relegation and Championship exit after the minimum 2 matches - not a good year.

muppet

Anyone notice the Offaly jersey in the front row in Centre Court watching Nadal beating Del Biffo?
MWWSI 2017