Slow Transfer Market

Started by ThatsTheFootball, June 21, 2011, 01:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatsTheFootball

its been a pretty disappointing transfer market so far even man city have been quiet! usually the papers are full of it at the min but not much happening there either

only real talking point is the way over the odds being paid for english players..£20mil for henderson and £19m for jones!! i think manu got slightly the better deal..
would love to see arsenal sign cahill though

gawa316

European window doesn't open til July 1st, players, managers, agents etc away on holidays plus the u21 championship being on will answer that.

I reckon it's going to be the busiest yet and the most money ever will exchange hands

BerfArmagh

expect young to sign for united at some stage. Do not be surprised if Fergie goes in with a massive bid for bale and modric close to transfer closing date

Forever Green

It will get interesting soon enough. This is the summer where clubs will get all their done before the UEFA regulations come into force. The biggest transfer so far is the capture of Alexis Sanchez by Barcelona which might signal the end of David Villa`s short spell at Barcelona. Imo they will sell him to fund a move for Fabregas with Villa looking very ordinary for a long spell last season. 

Rouge_Diablo

Forever Green

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on June 21, 2011, 08:13:34 PM
Berbatov to PSG.........

Read that rumour myself. Would be a big step down for him. There is also talk of him going back to Spurs as part of a deal for Modric but that is unlikely now with Chelsea favorites for Modric

Catch the high ball

Rumours of Barton to the Gooners??
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Forever Green

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 21, 2011, 11:23:32 PM
Rumours of Barton to the Gooners??

Would be a good signing imo. They need somebody like that in midfield

gallsman

Quote from: Forever Green on June 21, 2011, 07:05:02 PM
It will get interesting soon enough. This is the summer where clubs will get all their done before the UEFA regulations come into force. The biggest transfer so far is the capture of Alexis Sanchez by Barcelona which might signal the end of David Villa`s short spell at Barcelona. Imo they will sell him to fund a move for Fabregas with Villa looking very ordinary for a long spell last season.

Not even a sniff of a glimmer of hope of that happening.

Forever Green

Quote from: gallsman on June 22, 2011, 01:30:50 AM
Quote from: Forever Green on June 21, 2011, 07:05:02 PM

Not even a sniff of a glimmer of hope of that happening.

Wouldn't be too sure of that. I don't think they bought Sanchez to sit on the bench and Guardiola thinks very highly of Pedro. Imo Villa was very poor in a large number of games last year.

On another note Bojan has nearly signed for Roma   

ThatsTheFootball

would love to see david villa at arsenal! i would take £10m + villa for fabregas.

havent seen any of this sanchez boy but must be good when all the big teams are after him.
would like to see kaka in the prem as well, always thought he was a class act

Forever Green

Quote from: ThatsTheFootball on June 22, 2011, 09:29:30 AM
would love to see david villa at arsenal! i would take £10m + villa for fabregas.

havent seen any of this sanchez boy but must be good when all the big teams are after him.
would like to see kaka in the prem as well, always thought he was a class act

Apparently Inter Milan had a bid for Kaka turned down. Would also like to see him in the prem as he would add a bit of flair to the league

Forever Green

Falcao and Hulk being heavily linked with Chelsea. Could signal the end of Drogba and Anelka at Chelsea.

Speculation that AC Milan are planning a shock move for Fabregas.

Skybet have 2/1 odds on Forlan signing for Spurs.

Thiago Silva has committed his future to AC Milan ruling out a move to Barcelona

Forever Green

Sunderland have agreed a £9m fee with Ipswich for Conor Wickham. They are also close to agreeing a deal to buy Craig Gardner for £6m.

Brazillian club Santos are reporting that 5 clubs have met their asking price of £40m for Neymar. The clubs are Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City and Russian club Anzhi.

Real Madrid have also completed the deal for Lens defender Raphael Varane for £10m. Only 18 years old

ExcellentDriver

I was more concerned about the Gold Cup Final, Women's WC and U-17 WC.

USA 2 up against El Tri, then losing 4-2 Damnit!  >:(
Stand up for the Ulstermen!