Mayo Player Illness

Started by Redgreenery, March 05, 2007, 05:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

Just like to echo the sentiments of everyone here in wishing him a very speedy recovery.

Rossie11

Same as that.. Get well soon

Ryano

Absolutely agree. Wishing him a quick recovery too. Would not wish that illness on anybody.

rosnarun

get well soon ronan, whatever it is im sure the wonder of modern medicine and a strong will , will get you throught it . for his own sake I hope hes back playing soon  coz for a true athelete like Mcgarrity  a Life without sport is only a half life
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ildanach

johnno was on the radio this morning and he seemed very optimistic of a recovery in 3 to 4 months . Best of luck to ronan in his battle.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

An Gaeilgoir

Have to agree with all on here. Get well soon.

Kerry Mike

Its terrible when you hear such things, hopefully he will make a full revcovery and get back in the Mayo colours soon. He is a fine footballer and will be badly missed during his absence.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

BallyLad

Best of Luck to Ronan and I hope he has a speedy recovery. 

On the broader issue of Testicular Cancer it seems to be coming more and more popular in male athletes especially field sports such as soccer and GAA.  Seen the article a few weeks back on the Connaught Telegraph of a local Junior soccer player who also suffered from Testicular cancer - thankfully he is well on the road to recovery - aged just 28/29.

What is the cause of this worrying trend? Is it the knocks guys are picking up or something as simple as the sportswear they are using?

stpauls

would just like to say the same as everyone else on this, hope he recovers as quickly as possible and back in the red and green of mayo before the summer.

SlimShady

worrying trend me arse. just check the figures for Testicular Cancer.

ross matt

Obviously wish him speedy recovery. I'm sure he will come through it flying. Quite a few athletes have had it including one high profile gaelic footballer.

AMayoSheep

Yea think it was john hughes for monaghan that had that particular cancer and ids back playing again.

Wish Ronan all the best and a speedy recovery.
Great footballer and seems like a very nice and honest lad going by interviews.
Heres hoping he makes a full recovery.

Declan

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

magpie seanie

Regards and best wishes for a speedy and full recovery to Ronan.

thebandit

Best wishes to him and his family.

Hopefully our own midfield man in Monaghan, Jason Hughes (now married with a child) can serve as a source of inspiration and optimism to him