Limerick or Waterford?

Started by Dazzalad, June 10, 2011, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzalad

Waterford are favourites but could Limerick win this match and be the shock of the weekend?

Ash Smoker

If it came down to battle of tactics and cuteness on the sideline, Limerick would have the edge.
I think Waterford will shade it.

CorkMan

As I said in another thread,I have a feeling Limerick could cause a shock here.They'll be hungry after last year.

deiseach

Waterford. And they can put that on their dressing room wall

king of leon

Think Waterford will have too much fire power, but it'l be tight!

orangeman

Davy Fitz reffing the game today - brilliant !  :D :D :D

Microphone picking up everything, expletives and all ! LOL

lynchbhoy

Any of you 'blah boy's know if that young waterford wing half forward padraig mahony
Is the son of former ballygunner player Mick mahony?
IMO he's the spit of him!

orangeman

1-7 to 0-4 with half time approaching - now back to 1-7 to 105.

Game on or will Waterford kick on again ?

spuds

New superstar in hurling, second goal there from Kevin Downes. Why they starved him of supply in first half is puzzling.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Tubberman

Jesus this is some 2nd half!!  :o

C'mon Limerrick - get an equaliser

Fck - all over. Hard on Limerick. Some goal from Mullane to win it
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

rootthemout

some game thought limerick had it,great 2nd half and finish :)

spuds

Was ref going to give Limerick a free out near the sideline just before the final whistle when Waterford turned over posesion ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Milltown Row2

Quote from: spuds on June 12, 2011, 05:44:11 PM
Was ref going to give Limerick a free out near the sideline just before the final whistle when Waterford turned over posesion ?

He was going to but even after that there was a chance to give a free when the Waterford lad whacked a Limerick player when he had the ball.

Overall I though Limerick were the better team, and as said already here, more ball should have been going into Downes.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CorkMan

Quote from: CorkMan on June 11, 2011, 09:42:24 PM
As I said in another thread,I have a feeling Limerick could cause a shock here.They'll be hungry after last year.

Was half right.They shocked us but didn't get the win.Could get Galway or Dublin in the qualifiers.

johnneycool

Quote from: Tubberman on June 12, 2011, 05:35:36 PM
Jesus this is some 2nd half!!  :o

C'mon Limerrick - get an equaliser

Fck - all over. Hard on Limerick. Some goal from Mullane to win it

A big deflection on that goal, harsh on Limerick to say the least.

O'grady will ultimately be disappointed as Cork men don't do glorious defeats in hurling but the spine of his team isn't bad although No11 may need to be reviewed. They took some silly options in the first half at both ends of the field which cost them dearly, Condon trying to reach round a seasoned campaigner like Mullane for a ball he was never getting allowing Mullane in on goal, etc, etc but they'll be ones to avoid in the qualifiers. Big Nial Moran is a frustrating big bugger, does a load of good things and his shooting is woeful. If Nial McCarthy can improve then so can he.

Waterford need an ugly fullback to stop the rot as Brick Walsh isn't the permanent solution, Moloney in the forwards has a good hand and is a good option for puck outs. I like their forward unit but they need to get a stopper in fullback.