The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Spangler

QuoteAnd the rain has started to fall...the covers are coming on and the players are coming off. A shame for Ireland, they were just preparing for the late charge, but hopefully it won't last too long. The word from Caribbean is that it isn't too heavy and should blow over. Stay with us for more news

Bray has been outstanding, holding the innings together after the top-order were dispatched in the first half of the innings. At 99 for 5 a decent total was a long way off, but some useful support from White and, so far, Johnston has allowed Bray to push the total forward. Ireland need to bat out the remaining 7.4 overs and reaching something around 210-220.

Meanwhile, we have a message from Zimbabwe. Steven Price writes from Harare: "Interest here is fairly good considering the state of the nation, a few people watching in pubs and bars, but generally most of the population have other things on their minds. The regular power cuts don't help with the continuity of following the game!" Well, despite Bray's efforts Zimbabwe are still well placed to give the people back home a little crumb of comfort.

I wonder how many pubs has it on in Ireland?

Gabriel_Hurl

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

I've no idea what that score means. Is Ireland winning or losing?
Testing Accessibility

Mid Mon

each team takes turns to bat. Ireland are curently Bating. you only score while u are bating. the second team in to bat has to beat the first teams number of runs to win.
I think there are 50 overs in an innings with 6 balls per over. if u lose 10 wickets before 50 overs u are out.

Current score: Ireland 169 for 6 in 42 overs.
169 runs for 6 wickets with 8 overs remaining. they were 2 balls into the 43rd over when rain stopped play

ONeill

And we're off. Gonna need around 210-220 I'd imagine, although Zimbabwe are no big shakes.

Johnstone 6 off 2 balls. Stuff thon up ye, Mugabe.

An 11-run over ends with Johnstone out. 182-7 (44)

Fair play to the captain - 20 off 24 balls. Bray still swinging on 91*

Bollix - 182-8

D Langford-Smith in now. There's only one......

182 for 8 in 45 overs

ONeill

189 for 8 in 46 overs.

Bray 97*

103!! - They'll be dancing in the streets of the Dublin-Wicklow border tonight.

201 for 8 in 48 overs

ONeill

Bray hits 4 off 2. Piling on the runs, sort of...

ONeill

6 off 3.

Bray's a man possessed. Taking chances.
6:12 PM GMT (48.6 overs) E Rainsford to D Langford-Smith: Slogs it, the fielder slips and misses the catch then knocks it over the rope as he struggles to stop it. The Irish fans behind him are really giving him some stick!

Ireland 212 for 8 in 49 overs

ONeill

Gabriel_Hurl

Ireland has a new sporting hero - all the way from Sydney

ONeill

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 15, 2007, 06:18:50 PM
Ireland has a new sporting hero - all the way from Sydney

A great performance from Bray - 115 from 136 balls.

Now for the bowlers to do their jobs.