The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

All over bar the shouting. Dhoni gone for 65. They've collapsed a bit here, and never really kept the run rate up. 232/7. Need 97 from 28.

deiseach

lenny

Quote from: deiseach on March 26, 2015, 11:21:57 AM
Come on New Zealand.

Australia have too many match winners. I would really love to see NZ win and have been rooting for them the whole way through. This however will be their first game out of NZ and home advantage may be crucial. The top NZ players like Boult, McCollum, Southee and Williamson are more than a match for their Aussie rivals but Australia have serious strength in depth and that will probably be crucial.

AZOffaly

I really can't warm to Australian teams. In anything. Their arrogance is very off putting. They are like England on steroids.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 26, 2015, 11:36:08 AM
I really can't warm to Australian teams. In anything. Their arrogance is very off putting. They are like England on steroids.

Agree 100%, can't stand them at all.

deiseach

Quote from: lenny on March 26, 2015, 11:26:44 AM
Come on New Zealand.

Australia have too many match winners. I would really love to see NZ win and have been rooting for them the whole way through. This however will be their first game out of NZ and home advantage may be crucial. The top NZ players like Boult, McCollum, Southee and Williamson are more than a match for their Aussie rivals but Australia have serious strength in depth and that will probably be crucial.

But...come on New Zealand!

lenny

Quote from: lenny on March 26, 2015, 11:26:44 AM
Come on New Zealand.

Disappointing final and tournament in general. Very predictable in the sense that australia just had more very good players than other teams. NZ were excellent in their own conditions but I worried that they would struggle in the bigger MCG.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

By whom? That's an Australian paper :)

Boycey

Very one sided article that, sledging has long been a (distasteful) part of cricket and undoubtedly Australia give plenty but are also able to take it back, the semi-final with India being a prime example.

Judging by others comments on here I'd be very much in the minority in that I really like the Aussie attitude to most sports, they play hard and to win but leave it on the field

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on March 30, 2015, 04:40:28 PM
Very one sided article that, sledging has long been a (distasteful) part of cricket and undoubtedly Australia give plenty but are also able to take it back, the semi-final with India being a prime example.

Judging by others comments on here I'd be very much in the minority in that I really like the Aussie attitude to most sports, they play hard and to win but leave it on the field

I disagree. I support England when they're playing Australia - that's how bad the Aussies are.

muppet

Went for a run around Malahide Castle this afternoon. Normally I don't take much notice of the Cricket Ground (as I am usually struggling by then) but it was very impressive today with all the seating they have put in for the on day international v England, which is on tomorrow from 10.45am.
MWWSI 2017

Boycey

Quote from: muppet on May 07, 2015, 07:31:21 PM
Went for a run around Malahide Castle this afternoon. Normally I don't take much notice of the Cricket Ground (as I am usually struggling by then) but it was very impressive today with all the seating they have put in for the on day international v England, which is on tomorrow from 10.45am.

I was gonna head down tomorrow but a combination of ticket price (€45), weather forecast and makeshift England squad changed my mind. I have tickets for both Ashes tests in London this summer though  8).

magpie seanie

Not looking good. Shaky start by Ireland and now rain has stopped play. Weather forecast suggests a draw!