Author Topic: The Cricket thread  (Read 151012 times)

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: The Cricket thread
« Reply #2085 on: July 26, 2019, 02:04:03 PM »
They stop playing now?
That was a bit of a downer.

So it's a 2 innings match and you have 4 days to play it?

The match is over and England have won. Continuing to play would be a bit stupid.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:22:52 PM by gallsman »
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: July 26, 2019, 02:04:25 PM »
Batting has always been a big issue for Ireland. Given test status far too late. That was a joke. Ed Joyce could grind out an innings. Morgan could have offered some resistance but he left to play Test cricket  :o to then not play Test cricket Ffs.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: July 26, 2019, 02:10:26 PM »
They stop playing now?

The match is over and England have won. Continuing to pay would be a bit stupid.
Pointless, perhaps would be a more appropriate word,  but perhaps you think that people who don't know the rules of cricket are stupid.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: July 26, 2019, 02:14:45 PM »
Disappointing but I suppose overall it was better than I feared on day 1. As was mentioned earlier this side is a pale shadow of that it was 5 years ago when they might have been able to compete in a few test matches.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: July 26, 2019, 02:27:37 PM »
They stop playing now?

The match is over and England have won. Continuing to pay would be a bit stupid.
Pointless, perhaps would be a more appropriate word,  but perhaps you think that people who don't know the rules of cricket are stupid.

The point is you do know the rules, you're acting the maggot on this thread for what I can only assume you consider "the craic". It's hilarious I'm sure.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: July 26, 2019, 06:43:19 PM »
They stop playing now?

The point is you do know the rules, you're acting the maggot on this thread for what I can only assume you consider "the craic". It's hilarious I'm sure.

Cut it out, the pair of you.

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: July 26, 2019, 09:51:28 PM »
Oi!
I was enjoying that Eamonn

Its a pity about the cricket but the thread sort of became like a cricket match anyway....... where the actual cricket is a sort of a continuous side show to other ad-hoc entertainment

michaelg

• View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: July 27, 2019, 12:09:53 AM »
Oi!

Its a pity about the cricket but the thread sort of became like a cricket match anyway....... where the actual cricket is a sort of a continuous side show to other ad-hoc entertainment
Kinda showing your ignorance there.  Test cricket is interesting because of the changes and nuances that arise during a 5 (Or 4) day game.  Had it being a baking hot day as per Day 1 or 2 with conditions less suited to bowling, there is a good chance that Ireland would have pushed them close.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 12:13:51 AM by michaelg »

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: July 27, 2019, 12:36:56 AM »
Oi!

Kinda showing your ignorance there.  Test cricket is interesting because of the changes and nuances that arise during a 5 (Or 4) day game.  Had it being a baking hot day as per Day 1 or 2 with conditions less suited to bowling, there is a good chance that Ireland would have pushed them close.

Oh I don't doubt that it's interesting to watch, but test cricket spectators pass the hours away getting steadily wasted.

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: July 27, 2019, 12:38:23 AM »
Oi!

Ha! Sorry to interrupt. That sort of thing can be entertaining for a few posts, but if two contributors are having a ding-dong that goes on for more than a page or two I find it starts to get a bit tedious.

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: July 27, 2019, 06:55:15 AM »
They stop playing now?

Cut it out, the pair of you.

Ha ha! Yes Mum.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: July 27, 2019, 07:08:52 AM »
Oi!

Yeah yeah. sure sit in your reserved seat in the pavilion in your blazer and Panama hat having tea and crumpets marvelling and admonishing every other move.

I'll risk it on the grassy banks with a few tins hoping for a few sixes amid silly conversations of the chinaman going  down the gully.

Square Ball

• View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: August 25, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »
Be some innings from Stokes of he can see this home
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: August 25, 2019, 03:59:08 PM »
This is great cricket - Stokes has been unreal

Orior