the myth of falling house prices

Started by heganboy, June 09, 2011, 03:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

muppet

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

That house would have cost 4 million Euros in Castlebar at the height of the Tiger

Tony Baloney

Sitting on the famous Milford Oil Reserve.

armaghniac

QuoteSitting on the famous Milford Oil Reserve.

More likely a red diesel reserve.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

All of a Sludden

House prices in south Down are set to rise again for the second quarter after seeing a rise in prices in the first quarter of 2011.
Beginning of the end?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

dillinger

Prices are droping. Had been looking around for couple of years and i have seen them coming down. I bought mine 2 months ago for 98,000 would have cost 160,000 or so few years ago.

seafoid

Nominal house prices are going nowhere without credit expansion and that is not coming back any time soon
between the meltdown in the Free State and the cuts in Norn Irn.  In the long run house prices don't grow by much in real terms anyway.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/3/a0f778a4-64b4-11df-aa4d-00144feab49a.html#ixzz1JsxudrEm

: the fact that long-term house prices tend to track general consumer price inflation, so ultimately offer little real appreciation, is not something often heard from estate agents.
In Amsterdam, the banks of the Herengracht canal have supported high-quality property since the 17th century. Again prices have fluctuated, but values expressed in real guilders were the same in the 1770s, 1870s and 1970s.

boojangles

Heard of an auction on this week, probably by the banks. A 3 bed Semi D in Kells- Guide price 25,000. I kno its not the Bahamas but that aint bad.