Insurance for years trip to Australia

Started by Milltown Row2, June 08, 2011, 05:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

For those who have been maybe you can help me, my younger brother is heading off to Australia very soon and is wondering about insurance/cover while away.

Would he need insurance here or would it be best to get insurance over in Oz.

Also what would be the best policies to take out.

thanks in advance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 08, 2011, 05:55:46 PM
Took out insurance before I went to Australia in my case, didn't make any claims but it was handy to have. The one I got was from the link below...

http://www.essentialtravel.co.uk/travelinsurance/student-travel-insurance.asp

Cheers, hope he doesn't need it also.

Tony Baloney

Only a lunatic would travel without insurance. A neighbours wife got seriously ill whilst on holiday a few years ago and had to get a medical ambulance home - all in it cost about £20k which the insurance company absorbed. Dear holiday if you had no insurance.

Milltown Row2

Totally, but was wondering which was the best value. so competitive prices there and with one giving you £500 quid if you get mugged!! You'd be getting 'mugged' ;) every month  :D :D