Gaa managers refuse to speak to Rte over Brian Carthy treatment

Started by Minder, June 07, 2011, 11:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

During the Carthy protest, there was a skit on a RTE radio show taking the piss out of Mickey. It was along the lines of Mickey wanting to dictate the nature of the show itself and concluded with 'Pretty Little Girl From Omagh' which was a rather ill-advised choice given what happened a few months ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Stevie g 8

see the smug face of des cahill saying mickey harte declined to give an interview.the managers have every right declining interviews if they dont want to give them

ross matt

Quote from: ONeill on July 11, 2011, 01:33:44 PM
Quote from: Stevie g 8 on July 11, 2011, 12:16:12 PM
the refusal to talk to rte was called off weeks ago wasnt it.i heard why mickey harte wont talk is because of a tasteless skit done on the john murray show on rte and he is right not to

Yes, that was fairly tasteless.
+1. He deserves more respect than that after all he's gone through this year and in fairness has always been courteous and polite in his media dealings in the past.

IolarCoisCuain

Fellas, I don't see the Sunday Game every night - has Anthony Tohill been on much this year?

The reason I ask is because Tohill was one of my favourites. I thought he knew his stuff and was able to get his points across. And now I can't remember him being on any Sunday Game I've seen this year.

The reason I mention it here is because RTÉ did a lot of huffing and puffing about how they'd choose who did their shows and wouldn't be dictated too. I seem to remember Tohill ruffling some feathers in the past though, and I can't help but put two and two together.

I'm sure I'm doing RTÉ a disservice. Has Tohill been on the Sunday Game much this year?

FERDIE

Quote from: sheamy on July 11, 2011, 09:55:46 AM
who cares?! They talk shite anyway. Mickey only ever says:

'we're in a good/bad place, it's a place we did/or did not want to be, but it's where we find ourselves and we have to deal with it'

or tells you that

'there was a game on, one team got more scores than another, and that that team won. It will be a tough game the next day, a huge challenge but one we need to prepare for. It's where we want to be.'

and as for Paddy O'Rourke...LOL

You are right there about those two Sheamy. another one was Damian Cassidy. he was brutal altogether.

skeog

championship championship are cassidys usual words goog that it will be john brennan who will deliver for derry and not the ego driven cassidy

ross matt

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 11, 2011, 03:36:09 PM
Fellas, I don't see the Sunday Game every night - has Anthony Tohill been on much this year?

The reason I ask is because Tohill was one of my favourites. I thought he knew his stuff and was able to get his points across. And now I can't remember him being on any Sunday Game I've seen this year.

The reason I mention it here is because RTÉ did a lot of huffing and puffing about how they'd choose who did their shows and wouldn't be dictated too. I seem to remember Tohill ruffling some feathers in the past though, and I can't help but put two and two together.

I'm sure I'm doing RTÉ a disservice. Has Tohill been on the Sunday Game much this year?

Me too Iolar. One of my favourite analysists and favourite players.

Aaron Boone

Tyrone's RTE boycott could get very messy come the banquet in Sept.

seafoid

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 11, 2011, 07:39:35 PM
Why? Are there a lot of Tyrone waiters in Dublin?

Orangemac

Why would they want his opinion of the Armagh v Kerry final? :D

heffo

Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2011, 08:04:50 PM
Why? Are there a lot of Tyrone waiters in Dublin?

And gardeners/poolboys.

lenny

Quote from: Stevie g 8 on July 11, 2011, 03:01:08 PM
see the smug face of des cahill saying mickey harte declined to give an interview.the managers have every right declining interviews if they dont want to give them

They should be giving interviews because it helps to promote our games. Also, older supporters who cant get out to games any more like to hear what the managers think. I think it's petty of Harte to continue with this boycott.

Stevie g 8

As I said before I completely agree with Harte s stance, the skit on the John Murray show was way below the belt and tasteless.if the gaa want to promote the gaa they should take a good luck at the crap rte serve us up

The Moon is Down

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 11, 2011, 03:36:09 PM

I heard it came down to a straight choice between Tony Davis and Tohill. No choice really now was it?

Canalman

Personally prefer Davis, an exuberant way of punditry which I like. Tohill is a tad drole for my liking.
Each to their own I suppose.

Not a great fan of the post match "interview" with the managers. Find it distasteful to see devastated defeated managers bravely trying to blurt out a few trite usualisms.