ulster semi final tyrone v donegal

Started by rrhf, June 06, 2011, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Yip, and both kick from their hands which at that range is a gimmee.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

Tyrone haven't had a reliable free taker since Canavan. Think it was unfair to leave P Harte with the free taking responsibility. He clearly had lost the confidence.

Tyrone stopped shooting from distance instead getting sucked into the mass of green and red jerseys.

Don't think anyone mentioned McFadden's lucky goal. If only Ricey's arse was a couple of inches wider we could have been in the ulster final!

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 26, 2011, 11:08:50 PM
Tyrone haven't had a reliable free taker since Canavan. Think it was unfair to leave P Harte with the free taking responsibility. He clearly had lost the confidence.

O'Neill was fairly reliable for a couple of years. Was surprised to see him attempt one today.

Orangemac

Despite Donegal getting lucky with the red card incident on McMahon Tyrone have no one to blame but themsleves. Should have been 6 points ahead at halftime and like the Dublin game last year when the game was in the melting pot couldn't close it out

In both games you thought Tyrone would squeeze through but couldn't find the scores and were hit by a sucker punch at the end.How much this is down to the age of the team is hard to fathom.

Donegal did not play well for long spells today but will not care about that on Ulster final day. For years Donegal were laughed at that they had good players but no dedication. Now they are putting in serious effort people are complaining about their style of play.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on June 26, 2011, 10:22:24 PM
I see the DUP's Mid Ulster MLA Ian McCrea was happy with Donegal's win. He posted the following a few hours ago on his twitter account:

QuoteGreat to see Tyrone beat in the Ulster semi's today hope Donegal beat Londonderry in the final to keep the celebrations out of Mid Ulster.

http://twitter.com/ianmccreamla/status/85027054407520257

unreal comments from an MLA - what a bigoted tosser
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on June 26, 2011, 11:11:20 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 26, 2011, 11:08:50 PM

O'Neill was fairly reliable for a couple of years. Was surprised to see him attempt one today.

You mean you were surprised not to see him attempt one?

I agree. He was the one forward who looked capable of scoring any time he had a clear shot on goal.

What's the chances of changes next day out? Will Dooher keep his shirt? Will Coney/McKenna/Girvan get a run?

ONeill

Mickey has 2 choices - allow his lads to shape their own finale by staying loyal. They're never that far away and in every game they lose (Cork09, Dublin10, Donegal11) they could have won it. Maybe we owe it to them to sit back and enjoy their twilight years for what they are. 

Or he can ring the changes. Coney, McKenna, Colm, Tommy, Sean O'Neill etc get major game time against Longford with the dropped players used as impact subs. Take Davy Harte - he didn't do a pile wrong and was involved in plenty of offensive moves. But on one occasion in the second half he was tracking back as Donegal attacked and he really looked like an old horse trotting back to the stable after a feed. Why not start Coney? - imagine bringing O'Neill on with a good 25 minutes left after young Kyle has run some unfortunate O'Farrell man ragged.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: TY14ED on June 26, 2011, 10:48:41 PM
Same old spiteful nonsense from radda-why is it that u cant bring yourself to provide some of your intelligent critical analysis of other Tyrone players? Lazy posts as always on an easy target (your favourite easy target). Give us break man

don't think someone with one post to there name should be throwing out lazy comments! I often praised Davy when he was in form for Tyrone i.e 3/4 years ago but I think he's very lucky to be seeing so much game time this last few seasons.
Other analysis then was when tyrone lost joe it was lost! Sean cavanagh would of been man of the match had it nit been for cynical fouling! And don't even get me started on dooher!!

James91

Quote from: Orangemac on June 26, 2011, 11:14:49 PM
Despite Donegal getting lucky with the red card incident on McMahon Tyrone have no one to blame but themsleves. Should have been 6 points ahead at halftime and like the Dublin game last year when the game was in the melting pot couldn't close it out

In both games you thought Tyrone would squeeze through but couldn't find the scores and were hit by a sucker punch at the end.How much this is down to the age of the team is hard to fathom.

Donegal did not play well for long spells today but will not care about that on Ulster final day. For years Donegal were laughed at that they had good players but no dedication. Now they are putting in serious effort people are complaining about their style of play.

Agree fully with this whole post. People say its not nice to watch, but its still a football game regardless and teams shouldnt have to play a certain way to please their opponents fans. Tyrone should have put this match out of sight in the first half and they have no one to blame but themselves for not.

regal

Tyrone should have won comfortably. Too many turnovers and general mistakes cost them and they are starting to look an old team. Dooher is becoming embarressing for them and why does S Cavanagh go down holding his face when he gets a slap on the hear. A great footballer but just another moy cheat.

ONeill

To be fair, slaps on the hear can be a bastard.

cadhlancian

1) McConnell
2) Carlin
3) Justy
4) mc Menemin
5) Mc Caul
6) Gormley
7) Jordan
8) Mc Kenna
9) Cavanagh
10) Joe
11) McGuigan
12) Peter Harte
13) Kyle Coney
14) Steven ONeill
15) Penrose

should handle Longford ::)

Cold tea

Quote from: regal on June 27, 2011, 01:05:07 AM
Tyrone should have won comfortably. Too many turnovers and general mistakes cost them and they are starting to look an old team. Dooher is becoming embarressing for them and why does S Cavanagh go down holding his face when he gets a slap on the hear. A great footballer but just another moy cheat.

In so many ways!!

attheraces

Quote from: cadhlancian on June 27, 2011, 06:53:05 AM
1) McConnell
2) Carlin
3) Justy
4) mc Menemin
5) Mc Caul
6) Gormley
7) Jordan
8) Mc Kenna
9) Cavanagh
10) Joe
11) McGuigan
12) Peter Harte
13) Kyle Coney
14) Steven ONeill
15) Penrose

should handle Longford ::)

I would agree with the people you have dropped but my replacements would be a bit different. Wouldn't agree with McKenna coming in atall, he hasn't done anything in a Tyrone senior jersey that I seen in the league that would justify it, nor by any reports I am getting from inside the camp. Why not Aidan Cassidy? One of our best performers in league and he deserves his chance. Infact he deserves a run in the team whether he does the business against Longford or not, considering the old boys have got it so far. I'd definitely put McCaul in, and apparently Sean O'Neill stands out like a sore thumb in training so I would stick him in instead of Carlin, move McCaul back and play O'Neill half back. Don't know about Coney, I think Mulligan still has a bit to offer in the jersey and Tommy McGuigan is another I would consider. Just because a few of the old guard aren't performing doesn't call for a knee-jerk reaction to clear out the lot. I'd probably hold back Justy for the time being, would be some man to bring on to steady the ship if Tyrone were in trouble. If we had have taken our chances we would be praising them for their experience and longevity. I hate to say it but I think Hughes and Dooher's time in the jersey is up, they have been two fantastic players and servants to this county but I want to see us be able to change and integrate into a new team they way the truly great sides do, and I fear it has to start with replacing these two.

1 ) McConnell
2 ) Mc Caul
3 ) Joe/Justy
4 ) mc Menemin
5 ) O'Neill
6 ) Gormley
7 ) Jordan
8 ) Cassidy
9 ) Cavanagh
10 ) T. McGuigan
11 ) B.McGuigan
12 ) Peter Harte
13 ) Stevey
14 ) Mugsy
15 ) Penrose
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

attheraces

Quote from: Cold tea on June 27, 2011, 07:39:47 AM
Quote from: regal on June 27, 2011, 01:05:07 AM

In so many ways!!

::)
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.