ulster semi final tyrone v donegal

Started by rrhf, June 06, 2011, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

I really can't see how a similar team can line out against Longford. Donegal would have been torn to shreds by Tyrone two/three years ago. The lads just couldn't do the things they were able to do a couple of years ago. I honestly am glad we didn't win today, the limelight of an ulster final and the possibility of a heavy defeat by Derry would have been a disaster.

Best we can hope for is a decent run through the qualifiers and give some of the younger lads a run out. The next 3-5 years depend on these lads being given the chance. They're learning nothing on the bench.

The 02/05/08 lads have been Tyrone's greatest servants and provided us with so much joy but it really does look like some of their time is up.

tbrick18

It was a dire game to watch from a neutral point of view.
Both teams were poor today IMO and Donegal won it on fitness.

That lad who just came on and hit mcmahon was lucky to stay on the field. McFadden should have had a penalty. Hughes cant have any complaints IMO, was def 2 yellows.

Not much else to say....I'd rather have had tryone in the final but wasnt to be.
Donegal are bad for the game playing like that but they'll keep doing it as long as they keep winning.

ONeill

I'd never seen this before - one two occasions in the first half, the Tyrone corner back won the ball and the Donegal players en masse retreated (some running backwards) allowing the Tyrone players to move forward almost as far as they wanted in their own half without any challenge whatsover. It was pretty mad to watch sometimes.

Enjoy the craic with the Donegal fans beforehand - a good natured bunch.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: donegal lad on June 26, 2011, 08:59:31 PM
Great to see theirs no bitter Tyrone fans about here today did yous all miss swift putting the elbow into the donegal man's face in the first half should of been shown the line

Is that the one where the Donegal man lay down looking to get Swift sent off and the ref went over and told the Donegal man to get up again ?

Groucho

I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

donegal lad

Quote from: orangeman on June 26, 2011, 09:56:20 PM
Quote from: donegal lad on June 26, 2011, 08:59:31 PM
Great to see theirs no bitter Tyrone fans about here today did yous all miss swift putting the elbow into the donegal man's face in the first half should of been shown the line

Is that the one where the Donegal man lay down looking to get Swift sent off and the ref went over and told the Donegal man to get up again ?
No its the one that was off the ball and the ref did nothing about it even a Tyrone supporters beside me said he was lucky to stay on the pitch

omagh_gael

Quote from: Groucho on June 26, 2011, 10:00:30 PM
Too many fat arses on Tyrone team ;D

That's all the medals in their back pockets ;)

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I see the DUP's Mid Ulster MLA Ian McCrea was happy with Donegal's win. He posted the following a few hours ago on his twitter account:

QuoteGreat to see Tyrone beat in the Ulster semi's today hope Donegal beat Londonderry in the final to keep the celebrations out of Mid Ulster.

http://twitter.com/ianmccreamla/status/85027054407520257
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: tyroneman on June 26, 2011, 07:52:49 PM
Donegal were a disgrace today with the cynical fouls, the time wasting, the yapping. A referee with balls would have shown 3 Donegal men the road before mcLoone even came on.

Puke football of the highest order and hopefully the thrashing they deserve is around the next corner.

Tyrone threw that game away, even against 16 men.

christ, this is hilarious  ;D ;D

hsthompson

He should know Tyrone don't celebrate Ulster wins any more so it wouldn't have been an issue.

Minder

I thought Harte had ended his dispute with RTE.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TY14ED

Same old spiteful nonsense from radda-why is it that u cant bring yourself to provide some of your intelligent critical analysis of other Tyrone players? Lazy posts as always on an easy target (your favourite easy target). Give us break man

ONeill

I thought that, frees aside, Peter Harte had a decent game and was pick of the half forwards. Donnelly was rather non-existent today and thought he should've been called ashore before O'Neill. Sean kept trying as did Jordan and Ricey but as with Dooher, Davy Harte and Hub, they kept simply running into that mass of Donegal bodies. As expected, Donegal were prepared to foul Tyrone just outside their scoring range and it worked. I was surprised Sean or Penrose didn't take those last couple of frees.

About 1-3 of Donegal's 2-6 came from a Tyrone error 30 seconds earlier.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on June 26, 2011, 10:25:14 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on June 26, 2011, 07:52:49 PM
Donegal were a disgrace today with the cynical fouls, the time wasting, the yapping. A referee with balls would have shown 3 Donegal men the road before mcLoone even came on.

Puke football of the highest order and hopefully the thrashing they deserve is around the next corner.

Tyrone threw that game away, even against 16 men.

christ, this is hilarious  ;D ;D

As is the "16 men" complaint.

J70

Quote from: ONeill on June 26, 2011, 10:54:04 PM
I thought that, frees aside, Peter Harte had a decent game and was pick of the half forwards. Donnelly was rather non-existent today and thought he should've been called ashore before O'Neill. Sean kept trying as did Jordan and Ricey but as with Dooher, Davy Harte and Hub, they kept simply running into that mass of Donegal bodies. As expected, Donegal were prepared to foul Tyrone just outside their scoring range and it worked. I was surprised Sean or Penrose didn't take those last couple of frees.

About 1-3 of Donegal's 2-6 came from a Tyrone error 30 seconds earlier.

I was also surprised, but delighted that they continued with Harte. Are Cavanagh or Penrose not (normally) reliable kickers too? Or did they not want them?