Dublin v Kildare 26.6.11

Started by Blowitupref, June 05, 2011, 07:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

So let's get this thread rolling.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

INDIANA

Good game for Dublin to get at this early stage of the championship. Willbe a good crowd and Kildare are a very good side.

Not that bothered by the result and I think Kildare's need will be greater to get some silverware.

As long as we get to the last 8 I dont care what route we take but I do fancy Kildare to beat Dublin.

They look a bit further along then Dublin do at the minute.

Donnellys Hollow

Enough of the cute hoorism. It doesn't suit yee.

Dublin by 5. Kildare into our beloved backdoor!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

INDIANA

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 06, 2011, 11:26:44 AM

Both teams were all-ireland semi finalists last year.

Kildare beat Meath who are a far better team then Laois.

So all the evidence suggests to Kildare being the marginal favourites going into the game

Lone Shark

Quote from: INDIANA on June 06, 2011, 01:27:20 PM
So all the evidence suggests to Kildare being the marginal favourites going into the game

Sure. Sure. If you want to lay evens, I'll take anything you'll give me, even if I have to rob it first. How much are you laying? 

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: INDIANA on June 06, 2011, 01:27:20 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 06, 2011, 11:26:44 AM

Both teams were all-ireland semi finalists last year.

Kildare beat Meath who are a far better team then Laois.

So Meath win 1 league game and Laois win 5 in the same league and Meath are a far better team????

LilySavage

Meath are a better tem than Laois but thats irrelevant in the context of the Dublin v Kildare game. Dubs will be short favs with the bookies and deservedly so..

The Aristocrat

Kildare are favorites, The Leinster championship is the holy grail for this Kildare team and mentally will be more up for it than the Dubs.

Kildare by 6 at least considering the are the fitest and strongest team in the country according to some people.

Donnellys Hollow

Me fail English? That's unpossible.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ross4life

Bookies will have Dublin favourites for this no doubt but i can imagine why the dubs would be worried going through the front door..(winning the Leinster title) only to take on a resurgent Down,Kerry or Cork side baying for blood.

If i were a Kildare fan i would be worried about the 18 wides they kicked yesterday & it's 11 years since their last Leinster title so it's time these set of players delivered some silverware.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 06, 2011, 03:23:41 PM
Kildare are favorites, The Leinster championship is the holy grail for this Kildare team and mentally will be more up for it than the Dubs.

Kildare by 6 at least cosider the are the fitest and strongest team in the country according to some people.

Surely that's Dublin with all their compulsory a.m sessions...
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

In fairness to Indiana their is some merit in what he is saying, Kildare need or should I say want a Leinster more than Dublin and if it's a tight game that hunger might be enough to edge it for Kildare.

Now will it be tight going into the last 10 minutes who knows, that Dublin attack is well organised and if they click in the first half Kildare could be chasing the game and in that scenario it will be Dublin all day long.

I think what Dublin want first and foremost is a test, if they win having had been pushed to the wire they can use the Leinster final to tweak their systems knowing they have a safety net in the qualifiers, if they lose they have two games to tweak get themselves ready for a quarter-final with some momentum built up.

Dublin will be in the AI quarter-finals, that I have no doubt about. The worst thing for both sides will be a facile win for Dublin...
#newbridgeornowhere

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 06, 2011, 03:53:20 PM

Kildare by 6 at least cosider the are the fitest and strongest team in the country according to some people.

No its Kildare. Too much is made of the A.M sessions, they trained twice a day, twice a week for a month, Kildare have been doing 5-8 training sessions per week since November.

INDIANA

What about Kildare who

- train every day
- train in martial arts
- have optional kicking sessions on weekday mornings

I'd say Kildare are well ahead of every team in Ireland fitness wise.

I've a good background in sports science myself and after watching Kildare yesterday live there is no doubt in my mind they have better athletes then even Cork.
If they had more naturally talented footballers I've no doubt they could beat either Kerry or Cork. Unfortunately they lack a bit of class to beat either. Maybe they'll get the required class off some of the underage sides who have been quite good recently.

Kildare are a serious outfit and this crew is a lot better then the 1998 outfit.

They are more then capable of beating Dublin and probably will in my view. However I'd back Dublin to have a better chance of beating Cork or Kerry if we keep our full forward line fit.

Overall unfortunately for both Dublin and Kildare I cant see either beating Cork this year who look utterly awesome. Too many 6ft 2 athletes who can actually play football.

However if John Doyle is restored to the forwards- who knows. If Earley was fit they would be a good dark horse bet for the All-Ireland.

Corcaigh Abu

Quote from: INDIANA on June 06, 2011, 04:07:59 PM

What about Kildare who

- train every day
- train in martial arts
- have optional kicking sessions on weekday mornings

I'd say Kildare are well ahead of every team in Ireland fitness wise.

I've a good background in sports science myself and after watching Kildare yesterday live there is no doubt in my mind they have better athletes then even Cork.
If they had more naturally talented footballers I've no doubt they could beat either Kerry or Cork. Unfortunately they lack a bit of class to beat either. Maybe they'll get the required class off some of the underage sides who have been quite good recently.

Kildare are a serious outfit and this crew is a lot better then the 1998 outfit.

They are more then capable of beating Dublin and probably will in my view. However I'd back Dublin to have a better chance of beating Cork or Kerry if we keep our full forward line fit.

Overall unfortunately for both Dublin and Kildare I cant see either beating Cork this year who look utterly awesome. Too many 6ft 2 athletes who can actually play football.However if John Doyle is restored to the forwards- who knows. If Earley was fit they would be a good dark horse bet for the All-Ireland.

If Mossy Quinn,Diarmuid Connoly and Kevin McMenimen can step up to the plate Dublin won't be too far off.I think Kildare can win leinster though they tick all the right boxes except for forward play.If more lad's can support Johnny Doyle Kidare will give the all ireland an all mighty rattle.
Roses Are Red,Violets Are Blue,We have 120 All Irelands, How Many Have You?