Hoganstand

Started by Dazzalad, June 05, 2011, 12:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazzalad

Why does Hoganstand not post regular match previews every week? It's still showing the Armagh v Down preview, I'm I missing something???

Denn Forever

Don't know. 

You'll find as much if not better previews/unbiased/biased opinions on matches here.  And if there is no preview and you want to know what other peoples opinios are, just post the topic here?

Also for ideas on what fellow Armagh people are thing, look at the Armagh thread.  http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?board=12.0
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

maigheo

Why would you go to the Hogan stand for a preview of a game is beyond me.You are better off coming on here to get a truer picture of how a game will go than visiting the hogan stand tho I sometimes find my self peeking on the mayo section and then cursing myself after, for waisting my time doing so :) :)

mylestheslasher

It is also heavily sensored while at the time allowing every pre pubescent teen on to talk utter Shite.

anglocelt39

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 05, 2011, 03:47:03 PM
It is also heavily sensored while at the time allowing every pre pubescent teen on to talk utter Shite.

Can be a bit of nonsense posted there but also a nice bit of informed and witty comment. The nonsense is easily enough ignored. Not being the administrator of that site it's hard to know how much it's censored. Do recall an administrator telling Myles some time ago he was being shut down on some issue or other, can't recall anything similar in the time I've been looking at it.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

Quote from: anglocelt39 on June 05, 2011, 04:55:47 PM

Can be a bit of nonsense posted there but also a nice bit of informed and witty comment. The nonsense is easily enough ignored. Not being the administrator of that site it's hard to know how much it's censored. Do recall an administrator telling Myles some time ago he was being shut down on some issue or other, can't recall anything similar in the time I've been looking at it.

I was sensored for speaking out against the county team playing a match the day of mick higgins funeral. Wasn't only me either. Anyone who spoke against had their post butchered. It's my belief that people moderating tge Cavan page are too close to the county board to allow decent debate.

anglocelt39

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 05, 2011, 05:24:16 PM

I was sensored for speaking out against the county team playing a match the day of mick higgins funeral. Wasn't only me either. Anyone who spoke against had their post butchered. It's my belief that people moderating tge Cavan page are too close to the county board to allow decent debate.

Ah Christ no Myles not that particular can of worms again. I'm assuming the people you know who felt so strongly on the issue would have been well aware of the existence of this forum to air their views where censorship isn't an issue and getting a user ID isn't a problem either. Something doesn't quite add up here.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Hardy

I was sensored

What? They wired you up to a lie detector? This is some form of taser treatment? What?

Jinxy

They do have a very strange moderating style on HS.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Hardy on June 08, 2011, 09:22:18 AM

I was sensored

What? They wired you up to a lie detector? This is some form of taser treatment? What?

It wasn't pretty I can tell you. Probes up the rear passage, feedback loops out of my ears and crocodile clips on the nipples. Thats the last time I'll slag on Meath on Hoganstand thats for sure. Anyway, glad you got the old keyboard cleaned up and ready for action but there must be a wild smell of it?

Westside

It appears I have been banned, none of my posts getting through. It's a major pity that it's the biggest GAA Forum because it's moderation is so bad it really doesn't deserve to be as popular as it is.

DB_An_Mhi

Meath Admin do not allow much criticism of Banty that's for sure. Even pretty tame stuff. I have lost count of the number of posts that have been butchered or omitted.

Ordinarily been banned from HS would be a badge of honour. I guess in Myles case, it is just good judgement. ;D

Welcome back Hardy, must have been a long journey home. We missed your frank (yet witty) observations from last Sunday. It is good to talk, so don't bottle them up.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: DB_An_Mhi on June 08, 2011, 07:18:10 PM
Meath Admin do not allow much criticism of Banty that's for sure. Even pretty tame stuff. I have lost count of the number of posts that have been butchered or omitted.

Ordinarily been banned from HS would be a badge of honour. I guess in Myles case, it is just good judgement. ;D

Welcome back Hardy, must have been a long journey home. We missed your frank (yet witty) observations from last Sunday. It is good to talk, so don't bottle them up.

Funny thing is if you said banty was a mushroom eating moron they probably allow that. If you said " I strongly disagree with banty's team selection" it would be censored to say "I agree banty". But beware, they be looking in here at what the uncensored barbarians at the Gaaboard are saying.

Hardy

Quote from: DB_An_Mhi on June 08, 2011, 07:18:10 PM

I have nothing to say, DB, to be honest. My enthusiasm has been slowly decomposing under this regime and last Sunday sitting perishing in Croke Park and watching the same old shite, only worse, put paid to it altogether. All I have to hope for now is that our inevitable early exit from the qualifiers will put an end to this unfortunate flirtation with folly and we can make a fresh new start in the Autumn.

DB_An_Mhi

Indeed Myles, most recent case ... I merely suggested that a player (out of form) appeared to have a sense of entitlement with regard a place in the team. That gets omitted, yet it is OK for others to call him a selfish so and so with a bad attitude. I think they have my card marked.