The Joe Brolly Drinking game

Started by ziggysego, May 31, 2011, 05:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Saw this on Facebook  :D

Championship 2011 is fast approaching, so in honour of Gaelic games' finest pundit, we bring to you, the JOE BROLLY DRINKING (SUNDAY) GAME!

To play you must have 1) Beer and 2) any spirit of your choice.

These are the rules. The game must be played while Joe Brolly is a pundit and can be played for either live matches or on The Sunday Game highlights programme. Suggestions for rules are more than welcome - just write them on the wall!

Whatever side of his body his limp, poorly-knotted tie is pointing to - that's the hand you drink with. No tie - drink with your weaker hand.

Rules for the beer:

Flying Without Wings - when Joe's hands are in the air or moving around when he explains something, drink your beer til he stops

Drink While He Thinks - drink your beer whenever Brolly goes silent when he thinks of something to say mid-sentence - the longer he's silent, the longer you drink.

Bonus shot: whenever a pundit jumps in to say something, and Joe cuts them off so he can continue his own sentence, take a shot.

Rules for the spirits:

Each time he blocks the cameras view of his face with his hands - 1 shot

He says "an I'll tell ye another thing" - 1 shot

Each time he interrupts another pundit - 1 shot

Each time he interrupts Des Cahill/Michael Lyster - 2 shots

Northern rules (on matches involving Ulster teams vs. a team from the other provinces):

Slagging Southern football - 2 fingers

Defending Northern team from pundits' criticism - 2 fingers

Tipping Northern team for All-Ireland - 1 shot

Calling Tyrone the team of the decade (2000s) - finish your drinks

Pat Spillane rules:

If he slags off Pat Spillane when he's not there - 2 fingers of beer

If he slags off Pat Spillane when he IS there - 4 fingers and a shot

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Joe-Brolly-Drinking-Game/159269777468190?sk=info
Testing Accessibility

squire_in_navy_slacks

Savage, Brolly is a ledge.............................. love when he goes off on one, telling wee stories

the Deel Rover

Jesus ya would be hammered before throw in every sunday if you were to play that game. It should come with a health warning
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Hoof Hearted

Drink While He Thinks - drink your beer whenever Brolly goes silent when he thinks of something to say mid-sentence - the longer he's silent, the longer you drink.

cant see too many getting drunk on this rule ! you will be quite dry.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Jinxy

I think he was playing this game himself during the Sunday Game last week.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

LeoMc

Quote from: Jinxy on May 31, 2011, 07:37:40 PM
I think he was playing this game himself during the Sunday Game last week.

He did look pretty 'relaxed'.

HiMucker

I think there should also be a rule that you have to take a drink when he quinches his nose up and squints his eyes together and his glasses move up slighty.  You have to keep drinking until he stops holding this pose which will either be A) when the person who is talking finishes saying what Joe clearly disagrees with or B) More likely interupts him and you stop drinking your beer and take a shot instead.l

PAULD123

I like Brolly, I love the way he stirs things up for no other reason than to simply to enjoy doing it. The commentary would otherwise be very stilted and dull. But also only judge him when you've seen him in person. He is hilarious, seriously he could do a comedy stand up show all by himself. He is real funny when let of the leash that restricts him on TV

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Go home ref

Yahoo he just slagged Spillane there!