3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tubberman on October 28, 2011, 10:20:40 AM
Mitchell is completely tanking, they were talking about him (well, FG) not getting his expenses  :D

And he took severe umbrage when a reporter put that to him last week (that effectively he was now contesting to get his expenses back)!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hardy

Higgins 1.02 (1/50)
Gallagher 85
McGuinness 85

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 28, 2011, 10:16:22 AM
Looks like its all over bar the shouting. According to RTE, Higgins only had 4 1st preference votes in one box in Roscommon town.

It was Mitchell not Higgins.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on October 28, 2011, 10:46:18 AM
Higgins 1.02 (1/50)
Gallagher 85
McGuinness 85

Some turnaround from just 7 days ago - Higgins 7/2, Gallagher 1/5

;D
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

trasna man

mc guins may not have won but he stopped another line his own pockets f fer ;D

AQMP

This looks like it could be handy enough for Michael D...The "bigger" story of the next few days could be the hammering Mitchell seems to be getting...or the fact that about 40%-45% of the electorate appear to have voted for either a Fianna Fail bagman or a "former" 'RA man!!  The cute hoor constituency is alive and well ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 28, 2011, 10:46:29 AM
Looks like its all over bar the shouting. According to RTE, Higgins only had 4 1st preference votes in one box in Roscommon town.

Mitchell secured that many votes! Wow!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Nally Stand

"1006 - Fine Gael seems to have collapsed in the Roscommon townarea. In one box in Roscommon town Gay Mitchell only received four first preference votes."

EDIT:  :D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Tipperary North has elected Michael Lowry previously, and is currently having Sean Gallagher as poll topper. Biggest gombeens in Ireland?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tubberman

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 28, 2011, 11:08:10 AM
"1006 - Fine Gael Mitchell seems to have collapsed in the Roscommon townarea. In one box in Roscommon town Gay Mitchell only received four first preference votes."

Fixed that. I don't think you can equate the Mitchell vote with the FG vote. There are several posters here who voted FG in the GE (myself included) who said they had absolutely no intention of voting for Mitchell. Terrible candidate.
But the polls still show FG up at 40% satisfaction - Mitchell's abysmal performances could affect that slightly though.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 28, 2011, 11:05:59 AM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 28, 2011, 10:46:29 AM

Mitchell secured that many votes! Wow!  :D

Apologies for my error.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Tubberman on October 28, 2011, 11:26:30 AM
"1006 - Fine Gael Mitchell seems to have collapsed in the Roscommon townarea. In one box in Roscommon town Gay Mitchell only received four first preference votes."

Fixed that. I don't think you can equate the Mitchell vote with the FG vote. There are several posters here who voted FG in the GE (myself included) who said they had absolutely no intention of voting for Mitchell. Terrible candidate.
But the polls still show FG up at 40% satisfaction - Mitchell's abysmal performances could affect that slightly though.

True Tubberman. You also have to take into account that it was clear from the outset that Higgins was the stronger "government" candidate so may have taken quite a few FG votes.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Nally Stand

1. I'm only quoting RTE
2. He is the FG candidate, so it's still fair enough to refer to it as FG's vote, but I know what you're saying and it's fair enough point. If it were a general election, FG would have more votes than they got yesterday in Roscommon.
3. It's likely also true to say that after the lies of FG over the hospital issue, there can be no doubt that if a General Election were held tomorrow, FG would still take a bit of a hammering in Roscommon.

AQMP

True.  A better candidate would have seen FG perform much, much better.

Rossfan

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 28, 2011, 11:44:47 AM

1. I'm only quoting RTE
2. He is the FG candidate, so it's still fair enough to refer to it as FG's vote, but I know what you're saying and it's fair enough point. If it were a general election, FG would have more votes than they got yesterday in Roscommon.
3. It's likely also true to say that after the lies of FG over the hospital issue, there can be no doubt that if a General Election were held tomorrow, FG would still take a bit of a hammering in Roscommon.

Denisheen Naughten ( now Independent) from the FG gene pool would walk in.

Despite the fact that Mitchell was a terribble choice it's still a big blow to FG who had been performing admirably in Elections since Enda Kenny became leader.
Presumably it will be downhill from here on?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM