3 (1.5%)
Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Nally Stand

Quote from: trileacman on October 13, 2011, 01:43:30 AM
Trying to justify the murder of two innocent men by saying they had 90 minutes to get out is pretty low.

Then trying to justify murder by saying it was necessary to bring the Brits to the table? Imagine this Nally if the Brits had bombed the CityWest killed two innocent bystanders to bring the IRA to the table would you defend them as strongly as you try to justify the IRA now?

Try to keep it short I'm sick of reading your waffle.

And I am sick of your waffle I can assure you. You appear to belong to a school of thought that the six counties would have been just bliss if it werent for the IRA and that their actions were not set in any context other than just a love of killing. There are none so blind as those who will not see.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 13, 2011, 01:19:51 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 13, 2011, 01:03:55 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 13, 2011, 12:49:42 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 13, 2011, 12:41:58 AM
Quote from: Main Street on October 13, 2011, 12:23:56 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 13, 2011, 12:17:33 AM

Yes, you're right. It was perfectly acceptable.
Yes and no
It was a bomb planted within the acceptable criteria to label it as an economic target bomb.
It was not perfectly executed.

It was in a built up area with countless civilians. It was a stunt to cause mahem and destruction and resulted in murder.

Civilians who were given an hour and a half to evacuate. After office hours. So try all you like to deny the blindingly obvious, but it was an economic target which became a target due to the british governments refusal to fully engage in peace talks throughout an 18 month long IRA cessation.

No one owed the IRA anything. Throwing the rattle out of the pram, because these thugs were expected to live a law abiding life like the rest of us.

Typical excusing ignoring the british government's role. Btw, who are all these Dana supporting posters you refered to?

Well it wasn't the British that planted the bomb (or did they  :o  ) Re : Dana, well Pangurban is one. I see how you twist away from Martin again.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

54.8% of you think (not hope - because thats not the question) MMG will become the next president of Ireland. You do realise (as wrong as it is) most of you 54.8% do not have a vote (nor do I at the moment). Yet another poll ruined by dishonesty of the Legion of Mary Marty.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Yes and no
It was a bomb planted within the acceptable criteria to label it as an economic target bomb.

It was in a built up area with countless civilians. It was a stunt to cause mahem and destruction and resulted in murder.

Civilians who were given an hour and a half to evacuate. After office hours. So try all you like to deny the blindingly obvious, but it was an economic target which became a target due to the british governments refusal to fully engage in peace talks throughout an 18 month long IRA cessation.

O right Nally, so if the British security forces had given you an hours notice before bashing up your house, would that have made it ok, if they accidently shot a neighbours child, a sure that was the locals fault.

haranguerer

Quote from: trileacman on October 13, 2011, 01:43:30 AM
Trying to justify the murder of two innocent men by saying they had 90 minutes to get out is pretty low.

Then trying to justify murder by saying it was necessary to bring the Brits to the table? Imagine this Nally if the Brits had bombed the CityWest killed two innocent bystanders to bring the IRA to the table would you defend them as strongly as you try to justify the IRA now?

Try to keep it short I'm sick of reading your waffle.

You are a bo**ocks of the highest degree. Call it what you will, and everyone depending on their viewpoint of any conflict will call it something different so to avoid confusion we'll go with your definition - yes, murder was necessary to bring the brits to the table in any sort of conciliatory manner. Explain to me how you think it wasnt. And keep it short, for all your posts are drivel

ballinaman

Terrible nights sleep wondering what genepool i'm from.....you really know don't someone until you know what genepool they are from..

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 13, 2011, 02:29:15 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 13, 2011, 01:19:51 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 13, 2011, 01:03:55 AM

Yes and no

No one owed the IRA anything. Throwing the rattle out of the pram, because these thugs were expected to live a law abiding life like the rest of us.

Typical excusing ignoring the british government's role. Btw, who are all these Dana supporting posters you refered to?

Well it wasn't the British that planted the bomb (or did they  :o  ) Re : Dana, well Pangurban is one. I see how you twist away from Martin again.

Yes, he is one. You said there were a few. Name them.

As for McGuinness, considering he is recognised in the six counties as someone who was a chief architect of bringing peace to the area, and is a leading figure in the second largest party in those counties, then posters on this board supporting him is hardly a shock, and hardly down to partitionism. If it were partitionism, you would have no problem naming more than just one poster from the north who supports the two Derry candidates over anybody else. The fact that you cannot simply demonstrates that you were making an over simplified, untrue amd partitionist generalisation yourself.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

AQMP

Quote from: ballinaman on October 13, 2011, 08:53:44 AM
Terrible nights sleep wondering what genepool i'm from.....you really know don't someone until you know what genepool they are from..

ballinaman...in my younger days Wrangler (well it was the 70s), Levis for a while (but found those button flies too fiddly with a lock of pints in me), now Mrs AQMP buys them and I'm not 100% sure of the brand, only that they fit...sort of!

ballinaman

Quote from: AQMP on October 13, 2011, 09:11:51 AM

ballinaman...in my younger days Wrangler (well it was the 70s), Levis for a while (but found those button flies too fiddly with a lock of pints in me), now Mrs AQMP buys them and I'm not 100% sure of the brand, only that they fit...sort of!
i'd have bought a few different brands myself too....still unsure what pool i belong to...worrying times.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 13, 2011, 02:36:41 AM

Yes and no

O right Nally, so if the British security forces had given you an hours notice before bashing up your house, would that have made it ok, if they accidently shot a neighbours child, a sure that was the locals fault.

Incidentally, do you actually realise that the police you speak of proported to be the forces of law and order to whom we had to pay our taxes to fund? Unlike the case with the IRA who openly stated they wrre part of an armed campaign, in the same way the Old IRA did (who also had innocent victims, which I suppose makes them criminal murderers too?). I note you continue to ignore the attitude and behaviour of the british government during the IRA cessation which preceeded Canary Wharf.

P.S. I wonder if the forces of law and order, and armed foreign soldiers regularly (and I mean regularly) smashed up your house (while they laughed and threw around threats like confetti) like they did in my home (where they also almost killed my sister) and my neighbours homes, would you be so quick to hold some of the views you do or would you maybe begin to realise the level of discrimination of nationalists which provided the context within which the IRA continued to find itself with members and support.

AQMP

Quote from: ballinaman on October 13, 2011, 09:14:23 AM

i'd have bought a few different brands myself too....still unsure what pool i belong to...worrying times.

What about a pair of SF's - Stopped producing the old style in 1974 but came back in the mid 90s with a brand new design.  Orginally could only be worn with green but now goes well with anything orange.  Well respected brand all over the world (Nelson Mandela swears by them!)

ballinaman

Quote from: AQMP on October 13, 2011, 09:21:16 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 13, 2011, 09:14:23 AM

What about a pair of SF's - Stopped producing the old style in 1974 but came back in the mid 90s with a brand new design.  Orginally could only be worn with green but now goes well with anything orange.  Well respected brand all over the world (Nelson Mandela swears by them!)
:D Could be all the rage soon alright.

Applesisapples

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 13, 2011, 12:35:00 AM
Quote from: Pangurban on October 13, 2011, 12:16:08 AM
Tubberman i was not referring to the other candidates, i was describing gullible electors and your corrupt media whose opinions are presented  as facts. I have nailed my colours to the mast in support of Dana, but have to say the treatment she and Martin have received from the media and a large section of the electorate has been nothing short of disgusting, and betrays the partitionist mentality of the southern establishment, who as usual are happy to proclaim one policy while fostering another. Political shysters and three card trick men whom any decent society would long ago have  exposed or left to reign supreme,despite their recent failings and the suffering and hardships  they have caused. No wonder the most talented of our youth are abandoning the country in droves, if they have sense they will not return, until there is a radical reformation

A large majority of you 6 county lads betray your own partitionism. All this shouting for Martin McGuinness and a few for Dana and f**k all for anyone from the 26 counties. Lads ye are the real partitionists around here.
Actually apart from the obvious candidates here most of the Northern posters have been quite restrained. The election of a President from the 6 gives Nationalists and Republicans a feeling of real belonging to the Irish Nation thats why there is a leaning towards McGuiness, Dana is not a credible contender. Unfortunately the rest of the candidates appear very weak. McGuiness is the only one with a track record of achievement. God help us if Michael D is elected he comes across as even more comedic than his character on gift grub. Sean Gallagher actually would have been my number 1 if I could vote, up until last night...His performance was weak and he was unconvincing on the seed capital question. In the round I have to say the treatment of McGuiness by the press has been nothing short of disgraceful and focussed only on the IRA. Forgotten in all of this is the fact that what started McGuiness in the IRA so concerned the Irish Government at the time that they supplied arms to the IRA. Albeit when discovered they hung Charlie and his mates out to dry.

Applesisapples

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 13, 2011, 02:34:17 AM
54.8% of you think (not hope - because thats not the question) MMG will become the next president of Ireland. You do realise (as wrong as it is) most of you 54.8% do not have a vote (nor do I at the moment). Yet another poll ruined by dishonesty of the Legion of Mary Marty.
I for one voted for Sean Gallagher in the poll. I don't think McGuiness expected to win nor do I believe he can. To be honest he would be wasted as he has so much more to achieve not just in the North but overall.

Applesisapples

Thats a familiar story, Dunnes Stores finest for me now!!