Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

sans pessimism

Quote from: trileacman on October 05, 2011, 08:51:05 PM
Quote from: fearbrags on October 05, 2011, 06:49:49 PM
http://www.politico.ie/irish-politics/7926-gay-mitchell-represented-controversial-military-dealer-in-eu-parliament.html

This election descended into pure mud slinging quite a while ago. Imagine your job was trawling through Mitchell/Davis/Dana/MMG career to find something newsworthy. I expect "MMG in littering scandal" or "Dana caught without tv licence in 1996" any minute now.
;D
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

glens abu

Quote from: Minder on October 05, 2011, 09:27:59 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1005/breaking75.html

Gallagher a big mover.

Big mover alright,close between top three but looks like Norris and Gay are sinking fast.

armaghniac

QuoteGallagher a big mover.

Still the leading candidate on first preferences, Michael D., is also the most likely to attract transfers. His to lose, I would say.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Denn Forever

Dana in Royalties scandal. 

I think it because RTE can't play Dana songs for fear of showing bias.  So no royalties for Dana.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Shamrock Shore

How many Dana songs can you name (and no googling)

All Kinds of Everything
Totus Tous
Somethin's Cooking in the Kitchen

eh.....that's it from me

lawnseed

keep getting mixed up with her and sheena easton
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Evil Genius

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 05, 2011, 09:35:53 PMDana in Royalties scandal. 

I think it because RTE can't play Dana songs for fear of showing bias.  So no royalties for Dana.
That's her sunk, now - apparently she was going to re-release this one in a late bid for the Aras...

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

muppet

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 05, 2011, 11:10:58 PM

All Kinds of Everything
Totus Tous

eh.....that's it from me

That's three songs more than I knew.

P.S. Wasn't the last one the 2 Ronnies?
MWWSI 2017

Shamrock Shore

Jesus Muppet - are you under 9?

I can almost remember Totus Tous (or however it's spelt) word for word. It's Latin for Totally Yours - Pope JP II's motto - and she released this crime on humanity for his visit in 1979.

There was another 'Pope song' at the some time. Some auld baritone gobshite singing "Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllcome John Paullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll"

Dreadful dreadful stuff.

I got canvassed at the door by FGs earlier. Hadn't the heart to tell them Greybo was not getting a high preference from me. I had sunk my student savings into the 'Dublin Olympics 1988' campaign expecting a good dividend. Lost everything.

Never forgive him for that  >:(

muppet

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 06, 2011, 12:32:31 AM

I can almost remember Totus Tous (or however it's spelt) word for word. It's Latin for Totally Yours - Pope JP II's motto - and she released this crime on humanity for his visit in 1979.

There was another 'Pope song' at the some time. Some auld baritone gobshite singing "Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllcome John Paullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll"

Dreadful dreadful stuff.

I got canvassed at the door by FGs earlier. Hadn't the heart to tell them Greybo was not getting a high preference from me. I had sunk my student savings into the 'Dublin Olympics 1988' campaign expecting a good dividend. Lost everything.

I am truly shocked. I thought your 70s collection would have been based on Horselips and Rory Gallagher and maybe with a gun to your head Gilbert O'Baritone.

But Dana!????
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 05, 2011, 11:10:58 PM

All Kinds of Everything
Totus Tous

eh.....that's it from me
Who put the lights out

;D

Shamrock Shore

Jazus Muppet.

I dont have Dana records.............I just recall some of her songs. It's called a memory. I am blessed with one.

Tubberman

Quote from: muppet on October 06, 2011, 12:38:20 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 06, 2011, 12:32:31 AM

Dreadful dreadful stuff.

I am truly shocked. I thought your 70s collection would have been based on Horselips and Rory Gallagher and maybe with a gun to your head Gilbert O'Baritone.

But Dana!????

Golden Rose, Queen of Ireland..... Lady of Knock, something something, something.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AQMP

As I think I'm older than both muppet and Shamrock Shore I seem to recall a "Cold Cold Christmas" around 1976 sometime??

"It's gonna be a cold, cold Christmas without you..."