Norris, David
7 (3.4%)
Scallon, Dana Rosemary
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 206

deiseach

Quote from: AQMP on September 30, 2011, 04:41:47 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 30, 2011, 04:36:01 PM
I have a Martin McGuinness poster staring at me from the door of my office.

Of course Marty will deny his poster is there. Or he may accept it's there but he may say that I should move on and look to the time when his poster won't be there. If it was there at all. And if it was there when I thought it was there it didn't make an impact. Its message was read by nobody.

Me head hurts.

SS, remember also that Obama and Nelson Mandela have no problem with that poster.  Anyway I'm bemused that you find the poster an issue.  In the North we accepted posters a long time ago.  In fact the vast majority of people on the island (and Obama and Mandela) voted for posters.  Did I mention I've met Obama and Mandela??

There might be some Martin McGuinness posters out there. We're sorry that there have to be Martin McGuinness posters out there. But I reject that there's a Martin McGuinness poster there. Or there, or there, or there . . .

AQMP

Any hypothetical, academic, Norris posters out there, purely in an ancient Greek context of course?

trileacman

And lets not make an issue of where that poster was in the past, think only of where it is now and shall be in the future. Its not important whether or not, or did not, or did, or not partake in some illegal posters in the past. Sure wasn't Michael Collins on posters? Did I mention it knows a Nelson Mandela poster? And it used to be part of a big successful Stormont government poster on the side of a peace wall?

Vote Poster.

Poster.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

AQMP

Quote from: AQMP on September 30, 2011, 02:24:54 PM
Late Late Show Presidential Debate tonight.  Should be a bit of craic!  I wonder what they will ask McGuinness??

All the candidates will also be interviewed one to one by Tubridy except David Norris who was on the show as a guest two weeks ago.

Norris now claiming that RTE are trying to muzzle him by not interviewing him on the Late Late tonight.  Also claims people have "moved on" from the letter writing controversy.  He obviously doesn't read this board then! I must send him hardstation's contact details!!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0930/david_norris_president.html

ross matt

Quote from: deiseach on September 30, 2011, 04:46:07 PM

Of course Marty will deny his poster is there. Or he may accept it's there but he may say that I should move on and look to the time when his poster won't be there. If it was there at all. And if it was there when I thought it was there it didn't make an impact. Its message was read by nobody.

Me head hurts.

SS, remember also that Obama and Nelson Mandela have no problem with that poster.  Anyway I'm bemused that you find the poster an issue.  In the North we accepted posters a long time ago.  In fact the vast majority of people on the island (and Obama and Mandela) voted for posters.  Did I mention I've met Obama and Mandela??

There might be some Martin McGuinness posters out there. We're sorry that there have to be Martin McGuinness posters out there. But I reject that there's a Martin McGuinness poster there. Or there, or there, or there . . .

Lads even the door who is the victim of having the poster stuck to it has moved on. Back in the 1916-21 period the shinners used really heavy duty posters and used nails which completely destroyed the doors. How hypocritical is it now to blame today's shinners of much lesser offences. When Martin discusses this issue he'll "wipe the DOOR with ye!"

trileacman

Was listening to the last word today. Analyst say;

"MMG poster slogan is 'the people's president'. He must think he is Diana."

:D
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

AQMP

Quote from: ross matt on September 30, 2011, 05:52:13 PM
Quote from: deiseach on September 30, 2011, 04:46:07 PM

Me head hurts.

Lads even the door who is the victim of having the poster stuck to it has moved on. Back in the 1916-21 period the shinners used really heavy duty posters and used nails which completely destroyed the doors. How hypocritical is it now to blame today's shinners of much lesser offences. When Martin discusses this issue he'll "wipe the DOOR with ye!"

Now let's not get into the hierarchy of vicitms here.  Youse only want to talk about one type of door, ignoring the thousands of Northern Nationalist doors that were victims of faulty hinges and handles supplied by the British while Unionists were able to access lovely oak panelled doors with solid brass knockers.  I challenge Harris, Byrne and O'Toole to come and be a door in the North for a week and see what happens!

AQMP

Quote from: trileacman on September 30, 2011, 05:53:43 PM
Was listening to the last word today. Analyst say;

"MMG poster slogan is 'the people's president'. He must think he is Diana."

:D

It could be worse...he could think he's Dana

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on September 30, 2011, 04:41:21 PM
What if somebody decides to show their credentials as a piecemaker and makes pieces of it?

You might prefer pacemaker?

*makes a run for it
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Sure why would you need to run?

Farrandeelin

Jedward and Mike Murphy on before debate it seems. ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lynchbhoy

feck - dana the most impressive tonight!!!

tubridy a fecking disaster!

Aaron Boone

My rankings from tonight's LL:

1) Sean Gallaher
2) Norris
3) Michael D
4) Marty McG
5) Gay M
6) M Davis
7) Dana

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 30, 2011, 11:24:15 PM
We definitely weren't on the same channel!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 30, 2011, 11:24:15 PM

tubridy a fecking disaster!

I have to say I agree!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.