Qualifiers

Started by snoopdog, May 30, 2011, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I know what you mean.

But sure with the auld technology now with your Y boxes, your SP3s and them nintendo CSIs or whatever you call them,  sure they're grand. And they'll all be doing the twit thing as well I suppose.

imtommygunn

What are Carlow like? It's hard to know where Antrim are at the minute so don't know what to expect of this one.

If they can beat Louth I would expect that it will be a close encounter one way or another as I would imagineAntrim and Louth are of a comparable level.

AZOffaly

I haven't seen much of them, I know Dinny saw them v Wexford. I suppose the main 3 men would be Tommy Walsh, the famous Carlow-Wicklow-Carlow again midfielder, Brendan Murphy, who was a great minor and had a stint in Oz, and Daniel Saint Ledger, who's a decent forward.

At home I'd expect Antrim to have too much for them.

Dinny?

imtommygunn

Ah I didn't realise Walsh was back but did notice Brendan Murphy seemed to be doing a lot of damage for them. That has the makings of a strong midfield.

Saint Ledger I recall from a league game a year or two ago - he looked ok but Carlow very poor that day. Carlow, from what I recall, have produced a few minor teams of decent standard over recent years so no doubt have improved.

Expecting a close enough game but hopefully we'll come out the right side of it...

Dinny Breen

Thomas Walsh drifts in out of games, doesn't impose himself at all.

Carlow tend to carry the ball towards the midfield and the launch low diagonal balls into the space between the two forward lines, the delivery was quite good but too many 50/50 and even 60/40 balls were won by Wexford. Their full back line is much maligned but they are under so much pressure because their forward line just can't retain possession but they held their discipline well. Murphy at midfield tries to do too much and and will going missing for periods.

I think Saturday will be tight and I don't think there is too many goals in Antrim, lack of atmosphere might hinder them but even though Carlow are starting to believe Antrim will contain their attack comfortably and I can imagine Antrim will win with 3 or 4 to spare, it will be low scoring maybe 1-10 to 9pts
#newbridgeornowhere

Blowitupref

With Wicklow drawing with Armagh how does the Gaa sort out the fixtues now?

Round 3 next week
Round 4 July 24th
QFs 1st,2nd August.

Play a game mid week or push one of the QFS back?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

They'll have to push a round 4 game and then a Quarter Final back like in 2009 when Ros drew with Wexford.
THe Semis are last 2 Sundays in August so there's hardly any need to panic.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Aaron Boone

It won't happen, but this the way the 'big' counties would like Sunday's draw set-up:

Bowl A:
Down
Kildare
Meath
Tyrone

v

Bowl B:
Antrim
Limerick
Waterford
Wicklow/Armagh ;)

AQMP

Four Ulster teams in the draw so get ready for some derbies ;)  Antrim v Down and Armagh (if they get through) v Tyrone would suit the GAA.

From an Antrim point of view would be happy to avoid Kildare and Tyrone anything after that is a bonus.  Would have a good chance against Waterford and maybe Wicklow (if they get through) but the rest are probably better than us (though we did bate Meath in the league)

anportmorforjfc

What time is the draw?

NP 76

Think its on after the Munster Hurling Final live from Croke Park

omagh_gael

Feel like Tyrone will get Meath and the losers from Mayo/Ross.

Jinxy

The pitch will be fierce crowded.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

I hope the Connacht loser avoid the like's of Kildare,Tyrone it's already unfair having to play 6 days later.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

snippets

Will the tyrone armagh and down antrim games be a double header in croker
this bus aint gonna drive itself.