Qualifiers

Started by snoopdog, May 30, 2011, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: PAULD123 on May 31, 2011, 12:27:49 PM
Be careful now - perhaps you should heed the same advice, Derry still have to play Armagh so you could easily end up in the qualifiers too. And remember it was only last week that you claimed you are "The Arsenal of Gaelic football"
he'll be grand.
as for the qualifiers - I'd expect us to go by our 'traditional route' before too long !
(though you Armagh boys know more about going via  traditional routes!!! ;))

Absolutely the 'arsenal' of Gaelic football, like them we wear red and white and also like them we score loads but concede much more !! :D

PAULD123

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 31, 2011, 08:24:43 PM
Be careful now - perhaps you should heed the same advice, Derry still have to play Armagh so you could easily end up in the qualifiers too. And remember it was only last week that you claimed you are "The Arsenal of Gaelic football"
he'll be grand.
as for the qualifiers - I'd expect us to go by our 'traditional route' before too long !

Absolutely the 'arsenal' of Gaelic football, like them we wear red and white and also like them we score loads but concede much more !! :D

Seriously - "you Armagh boys..." have you read any of my posts!!!!!!! ;)

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: PAULD123 on May 31, 2011, 11:03:19 AM
Quote from: hardstation on May 31, 2011, 10:54:09 AM
Quote from: PAULD123 on May 31, 2011, 10:47:43 AM
I think pretty much everyone would agree that Down will win the next match, that list of qualifiers are all a standard below us. But god it is disappointing. The only thing to hope for is that winning will start to give us momentum like last year. Also we get football pretty much every week (if we keep winning) which I like.

But lets not try to fool ourselves, we really really wanted Ulster this year. Ok, we will be looking to the positives that could come from a good qualifier run but we never wanted to be hear and I am quite willing to admit that I am depressed that we are.
Oh dear.

Come on Hardstation, that's not foolish arrogance, tell me honestly is there a team there that you think Armagh wouldn't not only beat but hammer? They are all division 3/4 teams. Armagh would tear any of those sides to pieces. Down are definitely better than any of those sides and it would be a major shock if we lost to any of them.

If I am not mistaken haven't 3 of the teams listed beaten Down in the qualifiers or in Ulster ?  It certainly would not be a "major shock" if Sligo were to turn you over either.

Blowitupref

2009 qualifier Wicklow 1-15 Down 0-17, Down fans shouldn't take any team for granted.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

lynchbhoy

Quote from: PAULD123 on May 31, 2011, 09:03:18 PM
he'll be grand.

yes you know the rules - maybe a ref

however you dont read my posts - you seemed to have missed the wee winky boy in the prev one !

PAULD123

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 01, 2011, 10:20:47 AM
Quote from: PAULD123 on May 31, 2011, 09:03:18 PM
he'll be grand.

however you dont read my posts - you seemed to have missed the wee winky boy in the prev one !

Yeah I get the wink "Traditional routes" it's reference to Drumcree I presume. But that's not what I was saying. If you read my posts it would become pretty obvious quickly that I am not from Armagh. I am a very depressed Down man. BTW I'm not a ref, but more of a pedant and the sort that reads instruction manuals and rule books.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: PAULD123 on June 01, 2011, 11:12:37 AM
Yeah I get the wink "Traditional routes" it's reference to Drumcree I presume. But that's not what I was saying. If you read my posts it would become pretty obvious quickly that I am not from Armagh. I am a very depressed Down man. BTW I'm not a ref, but more of a pedant and the sort that reads instruction manuals and rule books.
[/quote]
...and the wink was also supposed to show hat I knew you were not an Armagh man, but Down lads go mad when called that...
QED !!
humour in the written word is fecking near impossible!

Anyhow, the qualifiers will be on soon and theres a good chance we'll met you in them !
....along with red hot favourites Kildare !  ;)

Corcaigh Abu

Quote from: hardstation on May 31, 2011, 10:54:09 AM
Quote from: PAULD123 on May 31, 2011, 10:47:43 AM
I think pretty much everyone would agree that Down will win the next match, that list of qualifiers are all a standard below us. But god it is disappointing. The only thing to hope for is that winning will start to give us momentum like last year. Also we get football pretty much every week (if we keep winning) which I like.

But lets not try to fool ourselves, we really really wanted Ulster this year. Ok, we will be looking to the positives that could come from a good qualifier run but we never wanted to be hear and I am quite willing to admit that I am depressed that we are.
Oh dear.

Are you an Armagh man my god that 1 all irleand seem's to have gone to you're heads. ;D I was very dissapointed for Down i have always held Down football in great esteem.I always loved the way Down teams play football and Mickey Linden and James McCartan were and still are two of my favourite non Cork GAA personalities.I think Down can go on a run through the qualifiers but they have a long road back to Croke Park.To build on the progress they made last year they needed to win an ulster title.They have a fine forward line and if Ambrose Rogers get's fit and they put Dan Gordon into midfield then they will be strong enough there.The problem is that there backs are too lose.If they sorted there backline out they would be all ireland contenders.The other problem is that if you shut down Marty Clarke you shut down the supply into the forwards.Oh well i will be shouting for the Down boys and i wish them all the best except when there playing Cork.Maybe they might have beaten the Ourmagh boy's if they had the Mayo man playing for them. ;D
Roses Are Red,Violets Are Blue,We have 120 All Irelands, How Many Have You?

Groucho

What part of Cork was Larry Tompkins from? :D
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Groucho on June 01, 2011, 05:35:36 PM
What part of Cork was Larry Tompkins from? :D

And Shay Fahey?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 01, 2011, 01:41:42 PM
...and the wink was also supposed to show hat I knew you were not an Armagh man, but Down lads go mad when called that...
QED !!

Anyhow, the qualifiers will be on soon and theres a good chance we'll met you in them !
[/quote]

Cannot resist bait!

Kildare love the qualifiers, in the last 3 years have played 8 won 8 and who can forget Kildare 2-17 Derry 1-9  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 01, 2011, 05:41:37 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 01, 2011, 01:41:42 PM
QED !!

Cannot resist bait!

Kildare love the qualifiers, in the last 3 years have played 8 won 8 and who can forget Kildare 2-17 Derry 1-9  ;D
[/quote]

me  :(
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 01, 2011, 05:41:37 PM
Cannot resist bait!

Good man !!  :D

Most certainly you for one will undoubtedly keep reminding me of this- even when Kildare do their usual Devon Loch impression and are back to being he richest but worst county team in Leinster again !
Right now they are unbackable favourites against a rag taggle Meath side that are in turmoil on and off the field. Kildare should win easily by about 15 points, its theirs to lose.
However, I dont like the look of young Connor at FF. !

PAULD123

8 wins in 8 games that is some record. Of course all records come to an end sooner or later. But full credit, it's a lot better than Down's qualifier record. Until last year we had only won 6 out of 15 games in the qualifiers (I think).

Dougal

Quote from: PAULD123 on June 02, 2011, 10:04:10 AM
8 wins in 8 games that is some record. Of course all records come to an end sooner or later. But full credit, it's a lot better than Down's qualifier record. Until last year we had only won 6 out of 15 games in the qualifiers (I think).

kerry have never lost a qualifier.not sure how many they've played,but id imagine its more than 8.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!