USFC Armagh v Derry, St Tiernach's Park, Clones, 19th June 2pm

Started by oakleafgael, May 29, 2011, 09:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteWe could have 2 great semi-finals in the making I think

As Martin McHugh said the best 4 teams are in the semi-finals. Will the premiership side see off the second rate division contenders?  Will Tyrone manage a 3 in a row or will Donegal become only the 3rd team in history to win from the preliminary round. Will be the final be like 1957, 1998 or 2006? Will it be a first Derry win in the final over Tyrone. Get up off your gluteus maximus and go to Clones and experience the joys of the Ulster championship (being glad not to be in Ennis) or if it is too much bother then watch in HD at home.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tbrick18

Quote from: attheraces on June 13, 2011, 07:57:45 PM
As a Tyrone man I would love Derry to win the All Ireland

Few other things.

Peter Canavan was over rated, and Tyrone fans are crying ..................

Tohill was one of the greatest players to the play the game.

Doire Abú!

I always knew there had to be one decent lad about Tirrone....fair play te ye boyo!

tbrick18

Quote from: tonysoprano on June 13, 2011, 08:23:11 PM
Really looking forward to the game. I have an awful feeling that Armagh are going to win this game quite easily because of a weak derry defence against a great armagh full forward line.  However, Derry are a very attacking side who can cause problems for the opposition especially with players like skinner and gilligan in the forwards. I think the tactics that brennan has used in the last couple of games has paid off for derry with sean leo being used as a corner back who runs tirelessly up and down the pitch but at the same time things might be different against a better forward. Hopefully Muldoon can turn it on again like he did against Fermanagh and the midfield, whoever it may be will not get cleaned out!

Team i expect to see lining out:

1. Conlon
2. Sean Leo
3. Kevin McCloy
4. McBride
5. Michael Bateson
6. Charlie Kielt
7. Barry McG
8. Joe Diver
9. Michael Friel
10. Lynch
11. O'Boyle
12. Emmett McGuckin
13.Gilligan
14.Skinner
15. Muldoon

Wouldn't be surprised to see Kevin McGuckin in defence. I would probably prefer him than McCloy however both in my opinion will struggle against Stevie. There are quite a few attacking options to come off the bench with Kielt, Declan Mullan, Donaghy, Mulholland and Ciaran McG all having something to offer. However things will be difficult in midfield and defence!

Heres hoping for a big victory. Everyone get out and support regardless of the venue.

Doire Abú

I think the same team will start against Armagh that started against Fermanagh....unless Gerard O'Kane is ruled out in which case Barry McGoldrick will come back in.

DoireGael

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 13, 2011, 08:29:44 PM

Few other things.

Doire Abú!

I always knew there had to be one decent lad about Tirrone....fair play te ye boyo!

Looks like a frape /Grape (Gaaboard Rape) to me. Happened my friend in QUB library before, 'he' FORGOT TO LOG OUT  ;)

Doire Abú!

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: DoireGael on June 13, 2011, 08:35:54 PM

Few other things.

Doire Abú!

Looks like a frape /Grape (Gaaboard Rape) to me. Happened my friend in QUB library before, 'he' FORGOT TO LOG OUT  ;)

Doire Abú!

I don't miss that place. A whole summer of not going back - unless resits are needed.

DoireGael

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 13, 2011, 08:40:30 PM

Few other things.

Doire Abú!

Doire Abú!

I don't miss that place. A whole summer of not going back - unless resits are needed.

Some serious talent in it at times. Well if yeah dont wanna spend a summer in it dont do a masters. :'(

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: DoireGael on June 13, 2011, 08:56:07 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 13, 2011, 08:40:30 PM

Few other things.

Doire Abú!

Doire Abú!

Some serious talent in it at times. Well if yeah dont wanna spend a summer in it dont do a masters. :'(

Cant beat queens fit feed!

Real Talk

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 13, 2011, 08:33:33 PM
Quote from: tonysoprano on June 13, 2011, 08:23:11 PM
Hopefully Muldoon can turn it on again like he did against Fermanagh and the midfield, whoever it may be will not get cleaned out!

Team i expect to see lining out:

1. Conlon
2. Sean Leo
3. Kevin McCloy
4. McBride
5. Michael Bateson
6. Charlie Kielt
7. Barry McG
8. Joe Diver
9. Michael Friel
10. Lynch
11. O'Boyle
12. Emmett McGuckin
13.Gilligan
14.Skinner
15. Muldoon

Wouldn't be surprised to see Kevin McGuckin in defence. I would probably prefer him than McCloy however both in my opinion will struggle against Stevie. There are quite a few attacking options to come off the bench with Kielt, Declan Mullan, Donaghy, Mulholland and Ciaran McG all having something to offer. However things will be difficult in midfield and defence!

Heres hoping for a big victory. Everyone get out and support regardless of the venue.

Doire Abú

I think the same team will start against Armagh that started against Fermanagh....unless Gerard O'Kane is ruled out in which case Barry McGoldrick will come back in.

Can't see Enda getting the space and time on the ball that he did against Fermanagh, so even though he's captain do you think Barry won't start, I wonder if he is not fit or just not in the frame?  I think C Kielt is much better as an attacking wing back, he doesn't have the defensive nous to play CHB.  But its 15 v 15 and anything can happen, who would have thought M Murphy would have got sent off yesterday!!!   So lets hope we get the 'rub of the Clones green' and somehow squeez through

Orangemac

If Armagh can hit the level of performance against Down (big if) they will win. What is possible is that we will revert to type and after 15/20 mins start to see our half forward line drop back and the game turn into a bit of a scrap.Having said that I would still expect our midfield to dominate posession.

If Eoin Bradley can be kept quiet it will go a long way to nullifying Derry, I would imagine Andy Mallon will be put on him.

Derry will be going in happy enough ( despite learning nothing from the Fermanagh game) as underdogs. They have lost enough semi finals where they were favourites. Despite Paddy Bradley being one of the best forwards in Ulster over the past 10 years, in some ways it may benefit Derry in that the likes of Lynch and Gilligan will have to stand up and be counted rather than looking for Paddy all the time.

imtommygunn

My view on the game...

- I'm not sure Armagh will be able to raise their game like they did against Down.
- I think Derry aren't great but due to this they have a good chance here.
- If Armagh win they could win ulster however if derry do Tyrone or Donegal would beat them.

DoireGael

Derry were (well) beat in a challenge game with Antrim the other week. I'm not confident.

mountainboii

Quote from: DoireGael on June 13, 2011, 11:28:39 PM
Derry were (well) beat in a challenge game with Antrim the other week. I'm not confident.

A ruse by that evil genius Brennan. We're not buying it. Derry by 11.

armaghniac

QuoteA ruse by that evil genius Brennan. We're not buying it. Derry by 11.

Exactly, Brennan versus POR. What more can you say?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Incertus

Gerard O'Kane out for Sunday according to BBC. Thats our best defender, best midfielder and best forward not playing on Sunday. Armagh @ 5/6 on Paddy Power, only i wouldnt back against Derry this is serious value.

Will make the trip to Clones more in hope than expectation now.

Goats Do Shave