Tony Baloney

Quote from: Square Ball on June 19, 2011, 03:11:33 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 19, 2011, 02:47:28 PM
He has been very good today.

Brilliant...

You couldnt mark him with a felt tip pen
Let himself down with that one.

omagh_gael

Ah now lads he wasn't too bad today. Has clearly cut back on the comedy asides and focuses more on the game.

On a side note I wonder has Peter requested not to be on commentary duty with Sidebottom as he was in the study with McHugh being Sidebottom's sidekick today?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 19, 2011, 04:41:25 PM
Ah now lads he wasn't too bad today. Has clearly cut back on the comedy asides and focuses more on the game.

On a side note I wonder has Peter requested not to be on commentary duty with Sidebottom as he was in the study with McHugh being Sidebottom's sidekick today?
He was good today. The game didn't really leave much time for stories and banter and he stuck to the task

Club Rossa

"There's only one tree in the orchard today and it's an oak tree"

ziggysego

"He was the Daddy of Down, now he's the Daddy of Armagh. Happy Daddy's Day Paddy"
Testing Accessibility

bennydorano

I turned over from RTE to watch BBC as it was shit, Bbc was worse, ended up watching on mute.  The standard of commentary these days is woeful

Jinxy

Just mute the telly and put on Newstalk.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ziggysego

Quote from: Jinxy on June 19, 2011, 09:22:37 PM
Just mute the telly and put on Newstalk.

Did that once during a league game. There was a slight delay in the picture, over the radio.
Testing Accessibility

downman

When Lynch got the goal 'Armagh have just been Lynched'

Doogie Browser

The ball was thrown in at the start and his opening remarks were "it's stalemate here in Clones"

Lecale2

That's like the one by Mickey Keenan on RAdio Ulster - "And the news from Casement Park is that with 45 seconds gone Down have taken the lead, totally against the run of play."

haranguerer

He wasnt good, and he never will be good.

He can cut out the things like talking rubbish about the crowd etc, but just by saying less he doesnt become a better commentator.

His first proper sentence was nonsensical stuff, i didnt listen to any more of it:

'Great tackling by Donaghey' (there was no tackling by donaghey whatsoever, bradley had got away and it was a saving block - while it technically may be part of the tackle in the gaa rule book, noone would ever call it anything but a block)

He then went on to say 'lets hope that is a metaphor for todays game'  ??? Wtf?

He cant be a  good football commentator because he has only a rudimentary grasp of both football and language, both necessary to be such.

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: haranguerer on June 20, 2011, 01:20:54 PM
He wasnt good, and he never will be good.

He can cut out the things like talking rubbish about the crowd etc, but just by saying less he doesnt become a better commentator.

His first proper sentence was nonsensical stuff, i didnt listen to any more of it:

'Great tackling by Donaghey' (there was no tackling by donaghey whatsoever, bradley had got away and it was a saving block - while it technically may be part of the tackle in the gaa rule book, noone would ever call it anything but a block)

He then went on to say 'lets hope that is a metaphor for todays game'  ??? Wtf?

He cant be a  good football commentator because he has only a rudimentary grasp of both football and language, both necessary to be such.

Fair point
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Estimator

I noticed he called Mark Lynch by the name Kevin Lynch on two occasions

"Danny Devlin will happily pull the pints tonight if Derry get to an Ulster Final"

Pure nonsense.
Ulster League Champions 2009

glens73

He just said on Radio Ulster after Antrim v Westmeath -:

"Tomas McCann hobbling up the steps to speak to us, having hurt his hamstring, Michael - how bad is it?"