Mark Sidebottom

Started by thewobbler, May 28, 2011, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: FERDIE on June 14, 2011, 11:17:03 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 14, 2011, 11:00:12 PM
To be fair to Madden he is fairly clued in. He lives in south west antrim not belfast. He's a good coach too - I recall seeing a lisburn u12 team he coached a number of years back in his early coaching days and they were the best drilled team at that age i'd seen by a long way. (God knows what happened them mind...)

"Sidey" means well. If he cuts out the bad jokes, which I also noticed he did sunday, he'll be grand.

Hardly enough to justify him being a good coach. He was coach along with Cassidy with Derry and they were crap. He is coach of Loup this year and they have won ONE game against Newbridge who have won none. Did he achieve much as a player, you never hewar much about him as a player.

did you ever watch football. He was a great player, no doubt about that. Played on average teams and still stood out. I know he lurks on here back and forward and i aint kissing ass, but i hate when people talk bullshit like that.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Applesisapples

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 15, 2011, 10:14:38 AM
To be fair to Madden he is fairly clued in. He lives in south west antrim not belfast. He's a good coach too - I recall seeing a lisburn u12 team he coached a number of years back in his early coaching days and they were the best drilled team at that age i'd seen by a long way. (God knows what happened them mind...)

"Sidey" means well. If he cuts out the bad jokes, which I also noticed he did sunday, he'll be grand.

Hardly enough to justify him being a good coach. He was coach along with Cassidy with Derry and they were crap. He is coach of Loup this year and they have won ONE game against Newbridge who have won none. Did he achieve much as a player, you never hewar much about him as a player.

did you ever watch football. He was a great player, no doubt about that. Played on average teams and still stood out. I know he lurks on here back and forward and i aint kissing ass, but i hate when people talk bullshit like that.
I have to agree with you there Kevin Madden was a great player on a poor County team, and as for Derry, even Brolly is not as opinionated, egotistical and disruptive as the Bradley's (good players as they are) no wonder Damian and he couldn't get it to work.

imtommygunn

I was using that as an example.

I wouldn't brand him as crap because he didn't do well with Derry. Cassidy is a damn good coach/ manager and he didn't do well. I don't believe it has anything to do with coaches. He has done well with several teams and everyone knows that Loup are on a very slippery slope as their star players, all bar about two, are all the one age and have just retired.

He was a very good player - though I wouldn't say great. He would have been a bit light had Antrim been playing in higher divisions / been playing longer in the championships the years he was about that might have been seen.

Westside

I thought Sidebottom and his partner were a disgrace on Sunday. They spent most of the game sniggering at Cavan, making snide comments and just in general being condescending muppets. So much so that they made numerous mistakes, at one stage Pierson laid the ball off to Brennan (Pierson not even on the panel) Very unprofessional display.

tommysmith

He was still talking about Donegal getting the ball into Murphy and McFadden 10 minutes after he was sent off.  I know it was a boring game but it the sending off was  a big talking point, the memory must not be great.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Incertus on June 13, 2011, 04:10:02 PM
How did sidey behave yesterday never saw the game.

Scores which defy gravity. And Physics.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ck

At least Sidebottom hasnt jumped on the anti forum/Irish News express.

borderfox

After a quiet enough weekend last week Sidey will have a bucketful of crap jokes and analogys in store for Sundays game. Lets try to predict some,

'Thats a Hearty kick out from Big Paul'
'Lynch is the pin'
'Skinner well he skinned some oranges there Peter/Kevin/whoever'
'Great move by Armagh put that on your CV Charlie Vernon'
'Toners really in tune today'
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

attheraces

Quote from: ck on June 16, 2011, 11:11:55 PM
At least Sidebottom hasnt jumped on the anti forum/Irish News express.

If this thread continues the way it is it couldn't be long before he's on :D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Fuzzman

These mighty acorns have really & trully been quashed by these orange applepickers today

Sorry MSB
We love you really.

Gold

George--a GAA man to the core he was
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Tony Baloney

He has been very good today.

Square Ball

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 19, 2011, 02:47:28 PM
He has been very good today.

Brilliant...

You couldnt mark him with a felt tip pen