Mark Sidebottom

Started by thewobbler, May 28, 2011, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: screenexile on June 06, 2011, 01:53:55 AM
Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2011, 12:07:50 AM
Quote from: Imposerous on June 05, 2011, 10:19:34 PM
Jarleth's post match "Dick was riding the donkey close to the tail" comment is worthy of a mention.

Yep, the highlight for me.

My personal highlight was when Gollogly and Jordan had a 'coming together' off the ball and Gollogly injured himself and was taken off by the time the ref had consulted with his linesmen and escaped a probable yellow card at worst . . . "Tactical Genius there Martin!" FFS!! Probably the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard at a GAA match!!

Yeah, I was scratching my head at that one too.
Testing Accessibility

Jimmylong

Quote from: ziggysego on June 06, 2011, 12:27:30 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 06, 2011, 01:53:55 AM
Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2011, 12:07:50 AM
Quote from: Imposerous on June 05, 2011, 10:19:34 PM
Jarleth's post match "Dick was riding the donkey close to the tail" comment is worthy of a mention.

Yep, the highlight for me.
+1

he is cringeworthy, every few minutes he was getting things wrong.  I reckon Dessie Mone is his favorite player, as thats what he called most of the Monaghan players
My personal highlight was when Gollogly and Jordan had a 'coming together' off the ball and Gollogly injured himself and was taken off by the time the ref had consulted with his linesmen and escaped a probable yellow card at worst . . . "Tactical Genius there Martin!" FFS!! Probably the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard at a GAA match!!

Yeah, I was scratching my head at that one too.

screenmachine

On the Mickey Harte interview.  Is there any need for journo's to ask Mickey Harte about his daughter at the end of each interview.  The man has went through enough without having to answer a question each time he's on TV, "Your first Championship match without Michaela", "Your first Home match without Michaela", "Your first match when the sun wasn't out without Michaela".  Is the interviewer looking for some kind of reaction? 

I'm sure Mickey is well aware of what match it is and it may be a very poignant moment for him and his family but I'm sure he would rather not have to discuss this every time he runs into Thomas Kane/A.N. Other... ???
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: screenmachine on June 06, 2011, 12:36:14 PM
On the Mickey Harte interview.  Is there any need for journo's to ask Mickey Harte about his daughter at the end of each interview.  The man has went through enough without having to answer a question each time he's on TV, "Your first Championship match without Michaela", "Your first Home match without Michaela", "Your first match when the sun wasn't out without Michaela".  Is the interviewer looking for some kind of reaction? 

I'm sure Mickey is well aware of what match it is and it may be a very poignant moment for him and his family but I'm sure he would rather not have to discuss this every time he runs into Thomas Kane/A.N. Other... ???
Was thinking the same myself, give the man a break now.

winghalfun

Even my wife (who has no interest in football and was reading a newspaper) picked up her ears when she heard him refer to a certain player as "Mr. here, he's there, he's everywhere Dooher".

Class

thewobbler

When I started this thread, I didn't think it would evolve into a blow by blow analysis of his commentary.

Sidey will be able to publish a 'fun' book at Christmas on the back of this.

borderfox

Every word he utters is going to be dissected from now on. Infamous cult status beckons for Sidebottom. People will start to tune in just to hear what he says.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

nrico2006

Thomas Kane is a funny looking boy - does he wear eyeliner?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bridgegael

right,  lets get a random phrase or sentence that mark can use for next weeks match.  im sure ur readin this.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

AQMP

Quote from: bridgegael on June 06, 2011, 01:58:21 PM
right,  lets get a random phrase or sentence that mark can use for next weeks match.  im sure ur readin this.

As an alternative to "easy peasy, lemon squeezy" how about

"Wee buns" e.g. "I don't know if he likes big buns or middle sized buns but that was wee buns for young McHugh"

Club Rossa

Borderfox is right,this thread is creating a living legend.

Doogie Browser

...super smashing great point by Murphy

omagh_gael

How about: "that was racey from Karl Lacey."

nrico2006

I would laugh if he came out with the old 'Its as far out as Fanad lighthouse'.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

quit yo jibbajabba

instead of colemanballs he could do his own version....sidebottomballs (has a certain ring to it) ;D