Mark Sidebottom

Started by thewobbler, May 28, 2011, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

The camera work during Micky's post match interview was also dodgy.

Maguire01

Quote from: maggie on June 05, 2011, 10:35:43 PM
The camera work during Micky's post match interview was also dodgy.
It seemed to me that some other journalist was trying to get in on the BBC's interview and somebody else was trying to tell him to get lost!

FERDIE

It's fecking McHugh who drives me mad. Everything is interesting! He doesn't answer the questions he is asked. Brutal and arrogant.

bridgegael

mchugh 'The reason penrose missed his penalty was cause he hit it to high' No martin it cause he hit it too WIDE 
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ONeill

Quote from: Imposerous on June 05, 2011, 10:19:34 PM
Jarleth's post match "Dick was riding the donkey close to the tail" comment is worthy of a mention.

Yep, the highlight for me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2011, 12:07:50 AM
Jarleth's post match "Dick was riding the donkey close to the tail" comment is worthy of a mention.

Yep, the highlight for me.

My personal highlight was when Gollogly and Jordan had a 'coming together' off the ball and Gollogly injured himself and was taken off by the time the ref had consulted with his linesmen and escaped a probable yellow card at worst . . . "Tactical Genius there Martin!" FFS!! Probably the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard at a GAA match!!

red hander

What the feck is a "bagel's gowl" and how do you get within proximity of it?  ???

nrico2006

Sidebottom is a laugh, so much so he reckoned Colm McCullagh snuck on to the pitch for a period of 5 minutes yesterday towards the end of the match.  I though he had retired.

As for his constant 'if they get this they will lead by double figures' statement, will someone please tell him that leading by double figures means leading by 10.  He was obviously referring to one side having double the other sides tally, but his blimming Maths then let him down as there was one time when I think it was 1-5 to 5 to Tyrone and Sidebottom stated that if Tyrone got the next score they would lead by double figures.  2 fives are ten Mark, not nine.

I enjoy McHughs column in the Irish Star, but for the love of god I cannot listen to the man commentating. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: red hander on June 06, 2011, 02:38:26 AM
What the feck is a "bagel's gowl" and how do you get within proximity of it?  ???
You westies! It's "beagle" i.e. the dog and to let a "gowl" is to let a howl. I laughed when he said it as I haven't heard it said since my Granny was alive.

Ulick

Mulligan was "shining as bright as a knight"  ???

Applesisapples

Quote from: goldenyears on June 05, 2011, 07:27:01 PM
Brutal commentator!

Ricey this ricey that!
What was the reference Dick Clerkin aka Rooster Cogburn?
The salmon + mackerel weather reference!
Ahhh come on he did give us "easy peasy lemon squeezy."

God it's catching!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to edit this as I f@@ked it up.

Applesisapples

That's a Peter McDonnell quote from a few years back.

Doogie Browser

Familiarity breeds contempt, his 'familiarity' with the players leads to my contempt of him!

Was funny at Mickey's interview too when there looked like a scuffle was going to start!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 06, 2011, 10:39:53 AM
Familiarity breeds contempt, his 'familiarity' with the players leads to my contempt of him!

Was funny at Mickey's interview too when there looked like a scuffle was going to start!

Jerome should just let it go at this stage ;D

borderfox

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 06, 2011, 11:36:57 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 06, 2011, 10:39:53 AM

Jerome should just let it go at this stage ;D
haha :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.