Mark Sidebottom

Started by thewobbler, May 28, 2011, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

You guys are all hard to please. Chill out.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Jinxy

Quote from: Minder on August 29, 2011, 01:09:10 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 29, 2011, 01:02:53 PM
I watched the BBC coverage yesterday as I can't bear Canning or McStay. I thought Mark and Joe did a great job. I'll be tuning in again.

McStay was talking about "collision zones" yesterday.  ???

He just loves the word 'zone' full stop.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

FL/MAYO

Sidebottom has a bit of passion which is lacking in the RTE coverage. His commentary for the last two minutes of the Donegal/Kildare game is very good.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/14418313.stm

Orior

Quote from: FL/MAYO on August 29, 2011, 04:28:32 PM
Sidebottom has a bit of passion which is lacking in the RTE coverage. His commentary for the last two minutes of the Donegal/Kildare game is very good.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/14418313.stm

Very good indeed!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

omagh_gael

I have really come round to Mark this year. Having a young baby meant i wasn't able to make all the games like I usually would so have watched more games live and have enjoyed his commentary. Keep up the good work!

5 Sams

Like everyone else I watch BBC for the commentary and TeilifĂ­s Eireann for the analysis...Mark and Joe did a great job...another classic from him...a Donegal man was stretched out after getting emptied...he said....."He'll be ok...he's as hard as a monk's mattress"...great stuff :D :D :D
The Aristocrat Years

Dougal Maguire

I have to say I find him ok and I think some of the criticisms of him on this thread are quite unfair. If it was MOM who had come up with the quip 'he's as hard as a monk's mattress' we'd all be bemoaning his loss. As for bias, tune into RTE till you really see it in action. I'll never forget Marty Morrisey's start to the commentary on the 2002 AI Semi Final ' The ball is thrown in and the game is on and Duiblin are 70 minutes away from an All Ireland final'  Now that's bias!!
Careful now

Stevie g 8

sidebottom for president

Applesisapples

Had to endure that prat Canning yesterday, he can't tell Tip from Kilkenny. Annoying is not the word. Michael Duignan though is good. Time the beeb hired Mark out to RTE for the hurling.

Gold

Yeah the shite about puttin Shefflin on the newcomer "kilkenny always put shefflin on newcomers"--surely Tipp put their defender on the kilkenny forward
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

omagh_gael

Canning must have wheeled out the "Huge one" catchphrase at least half a dozen times on Sunday, a very hard man to listen to.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Gold on September 05, 2011, 11:07:04 PM
Yeah the shite about puttin Shefflin on the newcomer "kilkenny always put shefflin on newcomers"--surely Tipp put their defender on the kilkenny forward
Yeah and the newcomer was hauled of to be replaced by Maher.

Hardy

"Heoooooge one" is bad enough, but "heoooooge one down". Down? WTF?

5 Sams

Just watched the game again....poor oul Sidey had an absolute mare yesterday... :-\ He even admitted himself he was having a bad day...Brannigan and Garvey look nothing like each other and he insisted and kept insisting that it was Garvey who smacked yer man in the face out on the sideline beside the dugouts!!
The Aristocrat Years

dundrumite

Martin McHugh that it was "interesting"