Mark Sidebottom

Started by thewobbler, May 28, 2011, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Sidey playing a blinder again....at the throw in...."Here's the shrill wait for the thrill".  Brilliant... :D
The Aristocrat Years

borderfox

Once I heard Martin Carneys  dull voice over on RTE I turned it over to Sidey. Hes cut the crap analogies out and (whisper it quietly!) is starting to make a decent job of it with Peter Canavan.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

LeoMc

Quote from: borderfox on August 06, 2011, 10:01:21 PM
Once I heard Martin Carneys  dull voice over on RTE I turned it over to Sidey. Hes cut the crap analogies out and (whisper it quietly!) is starting to make a decent job of it with Peter Canavan.
If you want entertainment then it is RTE for the pundits, BBC for the commentry (sic).

borderfox

Quote from: LeoMc on August 06, 2011, 10:03:52 PM
Quote from: borderfox on August 06, 2011, 10:01:21 PM
If you want entertainment then it is RTE for the pundits, BBC for the commentry (sic).
Exactly Leo. Or better still watch it all on BBC then Sky plus it to hear what Joe and Spillane etc say after the dust settles ;)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Orangemac

Was flicking between the two yesterday especially as I knew Mickey Harte would do an interview on BBC after the game but it was hard to concentrate on anything with James McCartans shoes!

Hardy

I thought McCartan was doing OK with the punditry for a while last week until he came out with the "gain line" at one stage. After that, you knew he was spoofing.

Gold

Quote from: Orangemac on August 07, 2011, 10:41:31 AM
Was flicking between the two yesterday especially as I knew Mickey Harte would do an interview on BBC after the game but it was hard to concentrate on anything with James McCartans shoes!

Sweet pair of limited edition Orange shoes!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

trileacman

Voluable is now an English word thanks to Mark. definitions welcome.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

5 Sams

He called the Dubs on the Hill "Blue Frogs on Holiday"!!  :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Farneylawd2011

Gold

He's better than Morrisey etc

Him and Joe made a good pair today
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Leo

Quote from: Gold on August 28, 2011, 06:27:07 PM
He's better than Morrisey etc

Him and Joe made a good pair today

100%
I had to turn Morrisey & McStay off - woeful.
Forced me to BBC.
Impressed by Mickey Harte in the half time analysis but Burns is a BORE BORE BORE.
Fierce tame altogether

babarino

I would have been critical of him at the start of the year. The comments he made about Tyrone players similar to the sycophantic way Morrisey talks about Kerry's.

But I warmed to him as the Championship progressed. His report on the hype in Donegal in the run up to today's semi final was of a very high standard. Pity the match that followed was so poor.

IolarCoisCuain

I watched the BBC coverage yesterday as I can't bear Canning or McStay. I thought Mark and Joe did a great job. I'll be tuning in again.

Minder

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 29, 2011, 01:02:53 PM
I watched the BBC coverage yesterday as I can't bear Canning or McStay. I thought Mark and Joe did a great job. I'll be tuning in again.

McStay was talking about "collision zones" yesterday.  ???
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"