Burgled!!

Started by BennyHarp, May 25, 2011, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

Hard luck , but no chance of Garda helping. I know a man that lived in Dublin in a house with 2 gardai and 1 other fella. The burglar came in the side door and took all the lads jackets outside to look for keys to the cars, found some of them and took the new landcruiser the gardai said they were after. Stolen to order and shipped abroad. Incredible, the lads were all asleep and knew nothing of it until the morning.
Dirty rotten dirtbags.

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2011, 09:34:06 PM
Dirty Cnuts!!

Yeah i hope the Bank machine has got them on camera.

I have a house alarm but how many times have you heard a house alarm go off and no one actually call round and check? Ive checked the neighbours out a few times but seem to be on my own, with my hurling stick!!
The cops telll you that there is no stats available to back up if an alarm actually reduces the chance of burglary but they still recommend one.  Also seen a program with reformed burglars presenting it! and they said n alarm is definetly a deterrent to the average robber as he will just go to the next house that doesnt have one.  Seem applies to gates in your drive and that.  Did anyone else ver get the wee invisible markers off the cops that you mark all your stuff up with.  Then if it gets stolen its shows up under UV light.
A fella one of the mates knows in Kilkeel caught a guy breaking in, bate the lining out him with a hurl, dragged him up the stairs, and phoned the cops and told them he came into the bedroom.  When the cops came round the scum bag was trying to tell them that the guy dragged him up.  But the cops had none of it and hit him a few digs for lying  :D  He got 4 years !!  Good enough for him

BennyHarp

Quote from: HiMucker on May 26, 2011, 09:57:39 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2011, 09:34:06 PM
Dirty Cnuts!!

Yeah i hope the Bank machine has got them on camera.

I have a house alarm but how many times have you heard a house alarm go off and no one actually call round and check? Ive checked the neighbours out a few times but seem to be on my own, with my hurling stick!!
The cops telll you that there is no stats available to back up if an alarm actually reduces the chance of burglary but they still recommend one.  Also seen a program with reformed burglars presenting it! and they said n alarm is definetly a deterrent to the average robber as he will just go to the next house that doesnt have one.  Seem applies to gates in your drive and that.  Did anyone else ver get the wee invisible markers off the cops that you mark all your stuff up with.  Then if it gets stolen its shows up under UV light.
A fella one of the mates knows in Kilkeel caught a guy breaking in, bate the lining out him with a hurl, dragged him up the stairs, and phoned the cops and told them he came into the bedroom.  When the cops came round the scum bag was trying to tell them that the guy dragged him up.  But the cops had none of it and hit him a few digs for lying  :D  He got 4 years !!  Good enough for him

We dont have an alarm but the two houses either side do - there may be some evidence there to suggest they are a deterent.
That was never a square ball!!

illdecide

No luck there Benny, shower of c**nts alright. You'd love to catch them in action with a hurl in your hand, i got robbed 4 years ago too the bastids ripped out my whole kitchen and took wash machine and other appliances (i hadn't moved in yet and was only 2 days from doing so). hope you get sorted
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Galwaybhoy

Sorry to hear about that Benny.  I have been burgled many times, the worst coming last year when I woke up in the night to the sound of the dog barking.  I went down stairs and saw they had smashed open the door to the hallway.  I quickly ran to the kitchen and put the dog on the lead and kept him with me by the stairs.  They then proceded to give the front door about three hard kicks before they left.  Why they did this I don't know, maybe to frighten us.  My mistake was I used to leave my dog in the kitchen during the night.  Now he has run of the kitchen and hallways.  He is a big German Shepherd dog and he wont think twice of attacking someone should they try and break in again.

I hope the fellows that broke into your house are caught Benny but I wouldn't hold my breath.

lynchbhoy

sorry to hear that Benny.
happened me 12 years ago just before christmas. You will feel like kilcking he fcuk out of the hoor but you just cant get your hands on them - more so for being in your housethan for whatever was taken.
We had a few bits of jewellry taken - wife didnt have much then. It was mostly from a prev boyfrend so I didnt give a feck about it. Had to replenish these for her though over the years !

wifes sister had her place robbed a week before the wedding- the house they were to move into had everything taken - all the kitchen appliances were unpacked and sitting in the kitchen - this was in the papers and they ended up getting more and better quality stuff than they had originally bought from the generosity of others (hadnt got the house insurance through at that stage or some reason like that where they had fecked up).

hope you calm down soon.
Sat nights championship match might help !!

AZOffaly

Sorry to hear that benny.. shower of shites.

I had a car stolen here in Limerick one time, when it was running in a quiet suburb as we were in the hall getting something. Drove off brazen as f**k. At least I didn't have the knacks in my house. Hope you get your stuff back.

Capt Pat

Quote from: armaghniac on May 25, 2011, 09:22:20 PM
Bad as this is, the most evil f*ckers are those who rob houses where someone died and everyone is out at the funeral.

Ah come on I've got to earn a living some how. How else am I going to feed my habit for Jedward memorabilia and cadburys cream eggs. :-*

armaghniac

Quotei got robbed 4 years ago too the bastids ripped out my whole kitchen and took wash machine and other appliances (i hadn't moved in yet and was only 2 days from doing so).

Well they made off with Oisin's boiler before he moved in, so it happens to all great footballers.  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Iceman

Had a lad try to get at the boiler in the shed when I lived in Armagh, luckily he was scared off, I got it fixed and a big lock on the shed after. The Ex's house in Belfast was broken into a few times in one year though she was in a dodgy enough area.
Stayed in a place in Armagh last summer when I was home on holidays and had a couple of boys on the roof one night making shape to get in..... wasn't the best experience with a wife and kids in the place....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ONeill

Got hit a fortnight ago.

Myself and herself were watching TV in the front from at 10pm. The wife thought she heard a noise at the back but we put it down to a couple of cats who float about the place. She headed out into the kitchen anyway to lock up, about 5 mins later, to discover the keys for both cars, both sets of house keys and her purse gone. No money in the purse, just cards, so no damage there. Managed to get the house locks changed by midnight and the cars sorted the next day. The burglar had opened the back door, walked to the kitchen table and lifted the lot, leaving quietly.

Twas a quare lesson. We'd never lock the kitchen (back) door until around that time roughly. All our own fault but they were some hoors (or hoor) - they'd have heard us talking away a matter of feet away. Now have the whole shebang locked up at all times with chains on the motors and gate.

Just thought I'd mention it to share my stupidity and as a warning to others coming up to Christmas.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Sorry to hear about that.

A very timely reminder for the rest of us.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Ah, no damaged done really.

I suppose they may try to come back for the cars but they'll have no luck with what they have. Gives you a few sleepless nights though. I was sure they were coming back that night after the police left and stayed up waiting. Would love to catch them in the act, even if to get a look at them.

Again, nothing the police could do really. You felt like a dick saying you never locked the back door until night as you're in and out of the kitchen a lot in the evening. I'd just left the bins out from that door half an hour earlier so they'd probably been watching.

The Worker

Any reason why they didn't attempt to take a car if they had the keys?

Were the cars in a secure location?

ONeill

Possibly they saw my wife going to lock up (or were disturbed by someone else) and ran for it. Cars could easily have been taken as gate was open. Possibly it was just the purse they were after and the house keys. Hard to know what it was they were after.