Controversies & Sending Offs

Started by PAULD123, May 23, 2011, 11:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULD123

Thinking here we can discuss the controversies each week (there are always some!).

I guess this week the big ones would be Graham Kelly and Tomas O'se

Does anyone have any idea exactly what Miskella said to Kelly to make him go so mad as to head-butt him? How long do people think he should be banned for?

Did anyone see what O'Se did to get sent off?

Kerry Mike

QuoteDoes anyone have any idea exactly what Miskella said to Kelly to make him go so mad as to head-butt him? How long do people think he should be banned for?

Miskella is a lovely lad was probably telling yere man how nice his All Ireland medal looks.

O'Se done for striking, seen by the lineman but strangely enough no one else in the 10k+ crowd in Killarney.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

haranguerer

Quote from: Kerry Mike on May 23, 2011, 12:04:21 PM
QuoteDoes anyone have any idea exactly what Miskella said to Kelly to make him go so mad as to head-butt him? How long do people think he should be banned for?

Miskella is a lovely lad was probably telling yere man how nice his All Ireland medal looks.

O'Se done for striking, seen by the lineman but strangely enough no one else in the 10k+ crowd in Killarney.

:D Love it. Home crowd dont notice home team members indiscretion. Shocker!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: haranguerer on May 23, 2011, 01:37:20 PM

Were Tipp not allowed bring fans? That's unfair!

panc56

Billy Sheehan the Laois player (of Kerry blood), should have seen red yesterday. It may have changed the result he saw a lot of ball after it and his victim didn't touch any after a bright first half. Bad call by ref he gave the yellow before speaking to his linesman.

haranguerer

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 23, 2011, 01:38:42 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 23, 2011, 01:37:20 PM

Were Tipp not allowed bring fans? That's unfair!

I doubt Mike asked all 10k fans either - let it go  ;)

deiseach

Quote from: haranguerer on May 23, 2011, 05:02:56 PM
I doubt Mike asked all 10k fans either - let it go  ;)

To have done that, he'd have had to ask each of them twice. Attendance: 5,646

Edit: mea culpa, wrong link. Attendance was 9,500. Not too shabby for a first round Munster match! As you were.

DuffleKing

Why does o'se get 2 rather than 1 month?

Hardy

Second red for same offence within 12 months?

PAULD123

Quote from: Hardy on May 23, 2011, 09:32:40 PM
Second red for same offence within 12 months?

Thanks, that's why I started this thread, to pick up info like that. so doesn't that mean he will miss any potential Munster final?

Kerry Mike

QuoteThanks, that's why I started this thread, to pick up info like that. so doesn't that mean he will miss any potential Munster final?

It does but hopefully there are bigger prizes for him to chase after to win this year...

Getting away from my obviously biased Kerry view, serious question, Does anyone think its a fair system to be still punished for something you did last year and served a suspension for at the time but then you get double the suspension this year for a seperate offence. When you serve the time I believe the slate should then be clean in particular with the amount of far worse things that go unpunished in alot of games, but that's the great GAA for you, they tie themselves up in knots with with procedures and committees. IN soccer and rugby once a suspension is served that's it.  I just think given the GAA season only cover a span of weeks in the summer each year, the sentenses are too severe for some of the offense.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Dinny Breen

QuoteIN soccer and rugby once a suspension is served that's it.

Not in rugby, sentencing is arbitrary and past behaviour is always cited before judgement is passed no matter what the playing level.
#newbridgeornowhere

imtommygunn

Quote from: Kerry Mike on May 23, 2011, 09:59:02 PM
QuoteThanks, that's why I started this thread, to pick up info like that. so doesn't that mean he will miss any potential Munster final?

It does but hopefully there are bigger prizes for him to chase after to win this year...

Getting away from my obviously biased Kerry view, serious question, Does anyone think its a fair system to be still punished for something you did last year and served a suspension for at the time but then you get double the suspension this year for a seperate offence. When you serve the time I believe the slate should then be clean in particular with the amount of far worse things that go unpunished in alot of games, but that's the great GAA for you, they tie themselves up in knots with with procedures and committees. IN soccer and rugby once a suspension is served that's it.  I just think given the GAA season only cover a span of weeks in the summer each year, the sentenses are too severe for some of the offense.

Repeat offenses in my view deserve to be more severely punished. It'll make the perpetrator think twice.

That Clare boy deserves a serious suspension for what he did. From tv it didn't look like Miskella did much - your man just lost it a la Galvin and the notebook.

saffron sam2

It is extremely controversial to replace the grammatically correct "sendings off" with the nonsensical "sending offs".

Haven't seen the other two incidents yet.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Hound

Donncha Walsh's kick/stamp on a Tipp player, just after the Tipp player kicked a point, was the worst incident I saw yesterday. Couldnt believe the ref only gave a yellow. That was a real potential leg breaker - dangerous and mailcious.