Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fan01

gallsman

Was in London for the weekend so missed the match. Sounds like we were rightly tanked. Jamie Clarke appears to be getting better and better every time he plays a game.

Fair play to Cross, an unreal outfit.

DrinkingHarp

Is Ballinderry going to be missing anyone?

I heard both Johny & Paul will be available for Cross - BCB/Shortso79 can you confirm?
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

screenexile

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on November 01, 2011, 05:18:30 AM

I heard both Johny & Paul will be available for Cross - BCB/Shortso79 can you confirm?

Think Ballinderry will basically be full strength although James Conway has been out long term since he got injured with Derry.

sheamy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 30, 2011, 09:32:40 PM
Quote from: Gold on October 30, 2011, 09:21:39 PM

I'd have Enda Muldoon on at 14 and send ball in on top of him the next day from the start

I fear that, with Gilligan floating around him picking up the pieces.  I think this will be a major advantage that they will have and could be the difference between the 2 teams.  We will obviously go into the game as favourites but this may give Ballinderry an edge that could sway it for them.

Some double speak there  :) That hasn't worked for Derry or Ballinderry in years. if Ballinderry put Muldoon on the edge of the square and pump ball in, Cross will lap it up all day. One extra defender is all it takes. No, it's gonna take a bit more smartness that that to overcome a Cross side who are near untouchable at this stage. Ballinderry should look at the Ulster semi final from the summer to see a few moves John Brennan pulled on the key men. If Jamie 'Messi' Clarke gets the room he did against Gall's, it'll be lights out very quickly.

HiMucker

Quote from: sheamy on November 01, 2011, 03:14:30 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 30, 2011, 09:32:40 PM
Quote from: Gold on October 30, 2011, 09:21:39 PM

I'd have Enda Muldoon on at 14 and send ball in on top of him the next day from the start

I fear that, with Gilligan floating around him picking up the pieces.  I think this will be a major advantage that they will have and could be the difference between the 2 teams.  We will obviously go into the game as favourites but this may give Ballinderry an edge that could sway it for them.

Some double speak there  :) That hasn't worked for Derry or Ballinderry in years. if Ballinderry put Muldoon on the edge of the square and pump ball in, Cross will lap it up all day. One extra defender is all it takes. No, it's gonna take a bit more smartness that that to overcome a Cross side who are near untouchable at this stage. Ballinderry should look at the Ulster semi final from the summer to see a few moves John Brennan pulled on the key men. If Jamie 'Messi' Clarke gets the room he did against Gall's, it'll be lights out very quickly.
But wasnt it Kevin McGuckin who done a very good job on him in the Armagh game.  Should be a good game, both teams are strong in all lines of the pitch.  Whats the story with Colly Devlin, is he back from injury yet?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on November 01, 2011, 05:18:30 AM

Very much doubt it.  PK definitely out.

Gold

BC1 if Jamie Clarke was playing against Cross would he be allowed stroll about without a hand laid on him as he did the other day?

Cant see B'Derry being so naive.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Gold on November 01, 2011, 06:59:20 PM
BC1 if Jamie Clarke was playing against Cross would he be allowed stroll about without a hand laid on him as he did the other day?

You have to catch him to lay a hand on him!! I'm sure they will have a plan, and no doubt they will have a plan on how to exploit our "weak" full back line.  Leave them at it is what I say and we'll look after ourselves!

Gold

He is unreal. The sound the crowd made when he scored that goal is a sign of his class. Instead of a cheer it was 'ooohhh' then a muffled sound when everyone said to each other "did he just do what i think he did?". Class!

He is so unselfish--for Cunningham's goal he just kept going--slithering away from man after man, he could have took a point, but's it not about him.

He turned Brady too easily though, too often

If Francie was marking him i'd say he may have 'accidently' collided with him
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

stew

Quote from: Gold on November 01, 2011, 07:08:51 PM
He is unreal. The sound the crowd made when he scored that goal is a sign of his class. Instead of a cheer it was 'ooohhh' then a muffled sound when everyone said to each other "did he just do what i think he did?". Class!

He is so unselfish--for Cunningham's goal he just kept going--slithering away from man after man, he could have took a point, but's it not about him.

He turned Brady too easily though, too often

If Francie was marking him i'd say he may have 'accidently' collided with him

Francie will never mark him, do you think he is the only back in the country that went flat out for every ball???
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

sheamy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 01, 2011, 07:02:42 PM
Quote from: Gold on November 01, 2011, 06:59:20 PM

You have to catch him to lay a hand on him!! I'm sure they will have a plan, and no doubt they will have a plan on how to exploit our "weak" full back line.  Leave them at it is what I say and we'll look after ourselves!

nerve touched there BC1 (I might have missed post but)...who in their right mind said cross had a weak full back line? They haven't a weak line on the pitch.

imtommygunn

Clarke is no doubt a brilliant player but Derry managed to employ a strategy to combat him so it can be done.

Players in front of him, cut off the supply from midfield and things like that.

Milltown Row2

He looks like a maverick type player. Obviously doesn't do the weights programme the others are on.

Very aware of his team mates and his timing on the ball or before ball comes to him is great for such a young man.

Would he be a good trainer?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

QuoteFrancie will never mark him,

It is probably Francie marking him in training in the last few years give him the strategies to outwit backs.

QuoteClarke is no doubt a brilliant player but Derry managed to employ a strategy to combat him so it can be done.

Yes. But the Armagh management basically ignored what was happening and carried on, Tony Mc and Gareth will adjust things. Ballymacnab had planned on keeping Jamie out of the game by sending men to him, but the other Cross' forwards made hay as a result.

QuoteVery aware of his team mates and his timing on the ball or before ball comes to him is great for such a young man

Star forwards can be bit selfish, but Jamie executes great layoffs as well as good scores. It probably benefited him to be in a team where the role models are the likes of Oisin who always played for the team. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B