Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2011

Started by drici, May 21, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

They wont bring cars, customs will be dipping all day Sunday!!

Looking forward to it, lot of pressure off the lads in fairness. Sure they haven't beaten Cross, not many teams have. So they will certainly give it a lash, we are 13/8 with Paddy Power, Cross at 8/11, the draw looks tasty and should the weather persist it will definitely be a low scoring game.

Cross, with Osin taking the frees may be the deciding factor here. They are physically stronger than us and it may tell on a heavy pitch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2011, 10:23:13 PM

Looking forward to it, lot of pressure off the lads in fairness. Sure they haven't beaten Cross, not many teams have. So they will certainly give it a lash, we are 13/8 with Paddy Power, Cross at 8/11, the draw looks tasty and should the weather persist it will definitely be a low scoring game.

Cross, with Osin taking the frees may be the deciding factor here. They are physically stronger than us and it may tell on a heavy pitch

I would say there is a fair bit of pressure on St Galls, because it is Cross and they haven't beaten them before and it will be thrown at them.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on October 24, 2011, 10:25:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2011, 10:23:13 PM

I would say there is a fair bit of pressure on St Galls, because it is Cross and they haven't beaten them before and it will be thrown at them.

Aye but last year they went into the game in Cross's back yard as favourites, All Ireland Champions too, so they were under big pressure to perform. Cross steamrolled them and we couldn't deal with them. Very good team.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Cute hoorism reaching its zenith in here, MR2 and O'Neill in tandem, I wouldn't mind but the baldy man is a closest Rangerette and loves all things B & A.  Home ground advantage massive, Lenny is tactically more astute that our two novices, St Gall's something to prove and we're a bit stale after being on the road for so long.  The Westies(or northies, or Easties or Southies depending on which player plays :P) will catch us on the proverbial hop and CJ will bag 2 green flags and win the game.  Gallers to lose.

regal

No surprise to see Joe McQuillan selected to ref the Cross v St Galls game as ineptitude rarely comes into play when the GAA are making such decisions. He performance was awful (and very one sided) in last years game and it is understandable that St Galls will object. Cross would have won that game whoever was referee but Joe McQ certainly didn't do them any harm.

Burren will bring a big crowd to casement to see who their final opponents will be. Odds on Ulster outright:

Cross 6/4
St Galls 5/2
Burren 7/2

Crap odds, but I would fancy Burren.

brokencrossbar1

QuoteGall's unhappy with McQuillan appointment
25 October 2011

Cavan referee Joe McQuillanSt. Gall's are objecting to the appointment of All-Ireland final referee Joe McQuillan for their eagerly-awaited AIB Ulster club SFC quarter-final against Crossmaglen Rangers on Sunday.

Speaking to the Irish News, St. Gall's manager Lenny Harbinson said he was "extremely annoyed" with the Cavan whistler's performance in last year's meeting of the Ulster heavyweights when he issued three red and 10 yellow cards. Cross' won by six points before going on to lift the All-Ireland crown.

"We were extremely unhappy with Joe's performance last year," he said.

"We didn't voice it at the time because we thought it would have taken away from the Crossmaglen win. But now that he is refereeing our game on Sunday we are disappointed and extremely annoyed. We will lodge an objection."

He continued: "We felt there was a fair degree of off-the-ball stuff went on in the opening 15 or 20 minutes in our match last year. Umpires need to help the referee - I felt they were under-utilised in our game last year."

Lenny feeling the pressure.  Excuses already???

crossfire

Quote from: regal on October 25, 2011, 09:48:08 AM
No surprise to see Joe McQuillan selected to ref the Cross v St Galls game as ineptitude rarely comes into play when the GAA are making such decisions. He performance was awful (and very one sided) in last years game and it is understandable that St Galls will object. Cross would have won that game whoever was referee but Joe McQ certainly didn't do them any harm.

Burren will bring a big crowd to casement to see who their final opponents will be. Odds on Ulster outright:

Cross 6/4
St Galls 5/2
Burren 7/2

Crap odds, but I would fancy Burren.

You have to be joking. :o

imtommygunn

For St Galls is Aodhan Gallagher definitely out? Kevin McGourty isn't going to play, so I'm reliably told anyway, so if Gallagher is out who is going to do midfield with Burke?

Question... In last year's fixture was Jamie Clarke playing?

I don't see where St Galls are going to get the scores here. I could see Cross having an easy enough win again.

ONeill

If Gallagher's out I cannot see Galls winning this one. Kevin McGourty is a big enough loss without the Methody teacher warming his nugget alongside him. Big games needed from Kelly, Niblock and Kieran McGourty but the latter isn't getting any younger.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

crossfire

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 25, 2011, 11:17:14 PM
For St Galls is Aodhan Gallagher definitely out? Kevin McGourty isn't going to play, so I'm reliably told anyway, so if Gallagher is out who is going to do midfield with Burke?

Question... In last year's fixture was Jamie Clarke playing?I don't see where St Galls are going to get the scores here. I could see Cross having an easy enough win again.

No. Jamie was sent off in the armagh semi final drawn game against Cullyhanna. His next game was the Ulster final

armaghniac

QuoteNo. Jamie was sent off in the armagh semi final drawn game against Cullyhanna. His next game was the Ulster final

Sure he didn't score anything in this year's Ulster final, Galls are hardly interested in whether he plays or not.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghniac on October 26, 2011, 12:40:17 AM
QuoteNo. Jamie was sent off in the armagh semi final drawn game against Cullyhanna. His next game was the Ulster final

Sure he didn't score anything in this year's Ulster final, Galls are hardly interested in whether he plays or not.

His form hasn't been great this year either, he couldn't even score against Ballymacnab!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2011, 07:51:23 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 26, 2011, 12:40:17 AM

His form hasn't been great this year either, he couldn't even score against Ballymacnab!
IIRC the corner back marking him got a point! He has clearly gone to shit and is not interested anymore. I heard he's been drinking, smoking and riding flat out, and has even put on a few pounds. Without this scoring threat St Gall's will win 3-25 to 0-3  ;)

Radda bout yeee

Good to know that Tyrone can't be knocked out this weekend anyway!

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 26, 2011, 12:58:47 PM
Good to know that Tyrone can't be knocked out this weekend anyway!
Do most of the top Tyrone teams not have Derry men at the helm these days?