Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win next Sunday

Cork
1 (5.9%)
Tipp
16 (94.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

CorkMan

Cork v Tipp next week.Tipp have to be favorites but Cork won't be afraid of them.If Corks forward line could gel,we definetly have enough talent from 1-9 to make a good game of it.Thoughts?

gallsman

Dunno, we all saw what happened Tipp at this stage last year. Fancy them to win, but not as much as you might think.

Hope they lose to make up for me having watched this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSH10CVC014&feature=player_embedded

CorkMan

Have a feeling Cork might sneak it.Thurles is like a second home to them

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CorkMan on May 22, 2011, 09:03:43 PM

Are you sure about that? Watched them there against Waterford a few years back ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CorkMan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2011, 11:04:57 PM
Quote from: CorkMan on May 22, 2011, 09:03:43 PM

Are you sure about that? Watched them there against Waterford a few years back ;)

Yea I think if they have one big performance in them it'll come against Tipp

seafoid

Has anyone got the hay saved yet? Isn't it a bit early for Cork Tipp ?

Milltown Row2

If Cork beat Tipp they will be favourites to win Munster, they are 11/2 to win this year, some price all the same. What's the word on how Tipp are doing in challenge games?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: CorkMan on May 21, 2011, 11:38:20 AM
Cork v Tipp next week.Tipp have to be favorites but Cork won't be afraid of them.If Corks forward line could gel,we definetly have enough talent from 1-9 to make a good game of it.Thoughts?

Tipp got caught all at sea last year with the big man on the edge of the square, can't see Paul Curran (if he's fullback) letting that happen again and I can't say I've seen much from the Cork forwards through the NHL to have any confidence in them rattling over a big enough score to win.

It's Tipp's to lose IMO.

When will the teams be named as I hear there's injury doubts over Ronan Curran and a few Tipp lads?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on May 24, 2011, 04:34:43 PM
Quote from: CorkMan on May 21, 2011, 11:38:20 AM

Tipp got caught all at sea last year with the big man on the edge of the square, can't see Paul Curran (if he's fullback) letting that happen again and I can't say I've seen much from the Cork forwards through the NHL to have any confidence in them rattling over a big enough score to win.

It's Tipp's to lose IMO.

When will the teams be named as I hear there's injury doubts over Ronan Curran and a few Tipp lads?

True Johnny but Cork have big enough egos to not worry about League form, Tipps form wasn't great also bar the mauling they give Galway. So i think Cork are closer than most suggest

CorkMan

I see I'm the only one who voted Cork to win

It's Tipp's to lose IMO.

What Tipp lads are injured?

johnneycool

Quote from: CorkMan on May 24, 2011, 05:59:56 PM
I see I'm the only one who voted Cork to win

It's Tipp's to lose IMO.

What Tipp lads are injured?
Bonner Maher and Shane McGrath allegedly

Reillers

Teams named all ready.

1. Donal Óg Cusack
Cloyne

2. Stephen McDonnell 3. Eoin Cadogan 4. Shane O'Neill
Glen Rovers Douglas Bishopstown

5. John Gardiner  6. William Egan  7. Brian Murphy
Na Piarsaigh Kilbrin  Bride Rovers

8. Lorcán McLoughlin 9. Pa Cronin
Kanturk  Bishopstown

10. Ben O'Connor 11. Cian McCarthy 12. Niall McCarthy
Newtownshandrum Sarsfields Carrigtwohill

13. Luke O'Farrell   14. Paudie O'Sullivan 15. Patrick Horgan
Midleton  Cloyne Glen Rovers
Captain: Shane O'Neill

Subs:

16. Martin Coleman - Ballinhassig
17. Eoin Dillon - Milford
18. Conor O Sullivan - Sarsfields
19. Jamie Nagle- Midleton
20. Tom Kenny - Grenagh
21. Jerry O Connor - Newtownshandrum
22. Cathal Naughton - NewtownShandrum
23. Kieran Murphy- Sarsfields
24. Michael Cussen - Sarsfields
25. Jamie Coughlan - Newtownshandrum
26. Bill Cooper - Youghal

It's a fine team, but surely there will have to be a few positional switches on the day. And that full forward line, can't see a high score coming from it, I can't see much of a work rate in there.

Doesn't feel like Munster Championship at all. No build up at all from the media.
It doesn't help that you've got the Leinster love in, the Magners League final, and the Champions League final around the corner.

Championship fever hasn't seem to swung in yet. It seems a forgone conclusion all ready though. There doesn't seem to be much of a belief out of or inside the Cork camp.

Maybe that's a good thing. Tipp are obviously favorites, but Cork are so far hidden in the long grass, we might as well be invisible. No one will see us coming.

Sure we can only hope. I'm going, looking forward to it, but I wont hold my breath. Though to be fair I'm pretty sure that's what I said last season as well.

We're never written off, and I think that players like Donal Og, Ben etc will try and guide us and pull us through, but I think we've run out of comebacks. I hope not. As it was said in the Irish Times this morning, the championship needs a good season out of Cork.

CorkMan

I heard Cian McCarthy was injured.The full forward line looks alright to me...except I'd start Michael Cussen instead of Paudie O'Sullivan.Luke O'Farrell is a great talent imo and i think he willl have a good championship

Reillers

Quote from: CorkMan on May 25, 2011, 03:11:22 PM
I heard Cian McCarthy was injured.The full forward line looks alright to me...except I'd start Michael Cussen instead of Paudie O'Sullivan.Luke O'Farrell is a great talent imo and i think he willl have a good championship

I'm happy enough with the young lads in there.
But I can't see a big score coming out of the full forward line. I can't see them winning much ball. The service has to be good, but I guess that is why Cussen is still hanging on in there.
But he couldn't have started. Cussen has been inconsistent and hasn't stepped up when he's needed to. Hopefully if he gets on he will.

My problem with the team is the few positional changes. But it seems that the management are sticking with it.

Still I'm looking forward to it. Tipp aren't unbeatable. And if we can win our ball up front then who knows.

CorkMan

30euro for covered stand on Sunday,a bit steep