UK woman is beheaded in Tenerife

Started by el_cuervo_fc, May 14, 2011, 06:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

A British woman has been beheaded in a shop in Spain's Canary Islands, officials say.

Spanish media said a homeless Bulgarian man had been arrested in the town of Los Cristianos.

Witnesses said a man entered a Chinese supermarket in a shopping centre and stabbed then beheaded the 62-year-old woman. He is said to have dropped the head outside before being tackled.

A local official said the man appeared to choose his victim at random.

Witnesses said the man entered the Chinese supermarket in Valdes Shopping Centre and attacked the woman without saying a word.

"Apparently this gentleman without any motive or any reason... entered the shop and then cut this woman's neck and took the head in his hand outside," said local councillor Manuel Reveron.

A security guard then managed to wrestle the man to the ground, he said.

"I parked my car and saw a man running out with something bloody in his hands and a security guard chasing him," one witness was quoted as telling local radio.

"He threw it to the ground, it almost hit me and what he had been carrying was a woman's head."

In a video posted on YouTube, Colin Kirby of Tenerifemagazine.com said security guards held down the suspect until the police arrived.

"The security and the police had to hold people off - they were queuing up - they were trying basically to kick the hell out of the guy," he said.

Police sources told Spanish media the suspect had a police record.

All of a Sludden

Teneriffe appears to be a dangerous place these days. I won't beheading over there any time soon.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

bendurback

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

laoislad

I'm laughing my head off at those puns.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Capt Pat

nrico2006

Funny how jokes fly about when it comes to someone dying from either the celebrity world or from another Country, yet attitudes soon change when it is someone that is from here.  A bit of respect for a woman who has been murdered in such a gruesome manner is not something that you should have to ask for.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyrone girl

Poor taste. Its someones mother. Why does everything have to be a big laugh

haveaharp

Not a topic to be getting funny about. God help that poor woman and her family. A few would want to grow up on this thread.

balladmaker

Only an idiot would think about making a joke out of something so tragic.

lawnseed

Quote from: balladmaker on May 16, 2011, 09:46:33 AM
crazy stuff, this lady tried to get help in a shop and the security guard chased the attacker away only for him to resume his persuit and cut her head off :o where were the police? unbelievable stuff..
its so crazy i think that people make jokes to allow humour to ease the shock. its normal human behaviour like jokes at a wake/funeral we've all done it
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

haveaharp

Quote from: lawnseed on May 16, 2011, 10:05:48 AM
crazy stuff, this lady tried to get help in a shop and the security guard chased the attacker away only for him to resume his persuit and cut her head off :o where were the police? unbelievable stuff..
its so crazy i think that people make jokes to allow humour to ease the shock. its normal human behaviour like jokes at a wake/funeral we've all done it

yeah that was the motivation for the jokes - ease the shock. ::)

tyrone girl

Quote from: lawnseed on May 16, 2011, 10:05:48 AM

Yeah right. When tragic events happen closer to home there would have been some uproar had someone came on here making comments like above. What you on about easing the shock??? Someones mother/ sister/ grandmother was murdered in horrific circumstances with apparently the fear of god in her trying to get away from her attacker and its supposed to be funny. Maybe its a diff kind of a world i  live in but where i come from that aint funny in the slightest.

brokencrossbar1

Crazy stuff altogether and very tastless to joke about >:(  What I can't get my head around is this, cutting someones head off is not the sort of thing that can be done easily, how the hell did the killer do it in open public without anyone trying to stop him????  A swift boot in the ribs would knowck him off her, strange ???

Banana Man

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 16, 2011, 10:36:33 AM
Crazy stuff altogether and very tastless to joke about >:(  What I can't get my head around is this, cutting someones head off is not the sort of thing that can be done easily, how the hell did the killer do it in open public without anyone trying to stop him????  A swift boot in the ribs would knowck him off her, strange ???

thats the bit getting me, it would take some length of time to chop of a head and cut through the bone etc - where was everyone? was the shop empty? where was the security guard? and when did he suddenly tweak that someone was running about with a head???